The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Test of Time / A Kick in the Asgard

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 15, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• *Sigh* noone's gonna say it so I guess I will.

In "A kick in the asgard" Odin claimed that Loki the trickster was his son. That's not true at all. In fact, Loki wasn't even a god at all, he was a giant that Odin swore brotherhood to. But Loki killed Balder, the first norse god to die and was Odin's son. Beacuse Odin swore brotherhood to Loki, he couldn't kill him. But he banished Loki from Asgard and was never allowed to return again. So Loki couldn't have come up there. Also, another flaw is that in this episode is that Asgard is shown to be peacful, but in norse mytholigy it's not. And for a very good reason too: Ragnarok, A.K.A. the end of the world. The myth is this, the norse gods CAN live forever, but they will be killed some day. They just don't know when. And they will die protecting earth from evil for as long as they can. But the world will end, and they know it. That is Ragnarok. Although, I think that in this episode it doesn't really matter, since it's so wierd anyway. They might have already known, they just did it on purpose just to be silly.