The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

The Firebird Sweet / The Bubble with Billy

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jun 29, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Phoenix and Gum Troubles

I like the parts where Billy is having trouble with a phoenix that continues to reappear every time he pulls on its feather. Legends do show that firebirds do constantly reborn from the own ashes. Phoenixes are one of my specialties on mythical creatures. I heard that their feathers can be used to regenerate the person’s skin or body part. Phoenixes only feed on frankincense, not the Frosted Golden Apple Scraps cereal. The ending of that episode was pretty funny.

Endless supply of gum will only give you the most painful cavities ever. Billy wanted to chew gum, but swallowing them? Suddenly the whole thing turned into another bizarre episode. He refuses to share gum with others, especially Mandy. The whole “unimaginably horrible rash from another dimension” thing is quite amusing. Most people believe that rashes only come from within your body and skin with poor health results.

I like this episode comparing to the other ones I’ve watched. I like phoenixes and bubblegum. What about you?
  • Above Average is good enough

I just thought it wasn't those kind of episodes that were "Wow!" or "Awesome!" but one of those episodes where I would think, "Pretty good, okay."

In The Firebird Sweet, a phoenix tackles Billy everytime he approaches the cereal box, so they have to go to "Eriszona" to find some "help." In The Bubble with Billy, Billy needs some gum to pass a test. So Grim summons up some bubblegum, but if Billy swallows it... you'll find out.