The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Zip Your Fly / Puddle Jumping

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jun 27, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Just weren't really my type

These episodes, yeah, just as I first said, they just weren't really my type. Well, they could have been funny and pretty interesting to me at moments, but otherwise, nah. In Zip Your Fly, a magic zipper has come, but when Mandy uses it on a fly, Mr. Fly's head switches with Mandy's. In Puddle Jupming, the magic swimming pool is here! But if you ask me, this episode was just gross and kind of boring.
  • Mandy gets into a gruesome nightmare when her head is stucked in a fly's body.

Mandy steals Grim's magic ziper and begins to mix up everything, but then an accident changes Mandy's head to a fly's body while the fly's head is put to Mandy's body.

Although there are some gross elements, it is a great episode which makes a hilarious spoof of the sci-fi classic "The Fly". The funniest moments are Mandy being bullied by Billy's Dad, the running gag about Milkshakes becoming Billy's new arm and Mandy being forced to eat a bunch of trash to find Grim's ziper.
  • Mandy deserved the treatment she got for stealing the zipper. But, it seems these two segments are sick! Zip Your Fly was more interesting and funny.

In Zip Your Fly, the beginning says "Its based on a true story", well i guess it is, on the movie "The Fly". Mandy was being very naughty to Mindy and Irwin. I didn't think Mindy deserved to have no mouth or Irwin deserved that treatment of being stuffed in Sperg's stomach. Anyway, I liked it when Mandy was eating the garbage and it seems her meanness got her to eating garbage. The ending provided us with some character development as she gave Grim $20, but milkshakes took it.

Puddle Jumping wasn't interesting but it did infact show the Billy/Mandy relationship even more. So, I don't really have anything to add here. I just can't help but feel sorry for Grim as hes being stepped on in the ending. And the old lady reminds us of Mother Mae-Eye on Teen Titans episode "Mother Mae-Eye". The good thing was that she was eaten up by a crocodile.

Overall, two alright stories which are just weird.