The Hard Times of RJ Berger

The Right Thing

Aired Sunday 11:00 PM Aug 23, 2010 on MTV - Music Television

• "The Right Thing" gives "A hell of a new approach" a hell of a new meaning!!

When the show first started, I said in my review of the pilot that it had an old idea but with a hell of a new approach. And throughout the season's run, it held on to that description well. Now, reviewing the finale, I realize it happened again!!

"The Right Thing" was a departure from the usual tone. It had a darker, more mature sense to it which I couldn't tell was good or bad!! I enjoyed the episode but not the way I did the others. I mean it worked on a completely different angle with the same strength the series had all along!! It made me care about the characters as if I was seeing them for the first time in a different context. But it worked, granting a good, yet awkwardly fitting finale!!

It wasn't all smiles & sunshine, one could easily notice the writers were not usual to the new, drama type, writing!! Some ideas were out of pace while others felt a bit forced. RJ & Lily's "deed" at the end felt too weird!!

I don't know what to expect the next season to be!! A rollback to the previous nature would feel .. hasty.