The High Chaparral Forums

NBC (ended 1971)

HC on DVD

bobcwilson

[1]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    Does anyone know when The High Chaparral will come out on DVD?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Witewood

[2]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 6

I found this; http://www.dvddonkey.com/movie/western/The_High_Chaparral.html

However, I suspect this is bootleg. The series has yet to announce it's official DVD release, long overdue, in my opinion.

danorviel

[3]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    Any updates on when HC might be available. I don't want a bootleg copy.

mfans67

[4]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    No news yet on when the DVDs will be available. Check www.thehighchaparral.com for news every now and then.

lovetheoldies

[5]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    There are legal issues behind the reason High Chaparral is not available yet so yes, any you find are bootlegged. I will find the link explaining the issues and post it when I do. Mainly to do with which studio owns the rights.

Meanwhile, did you know that there is an official newsletter for High Chaparral? It is delivered via email about once a month, free and your email details are never passed on to any other party. It is strictly for fans and will definitely let you know any progress on DVD's and other interesting info. Current news is awaiting confirmation that Henry Darrow's (Mano's) autobiography has hit the stores. It will be out very soon and the newsletter will let us know.

Go to: www.highchaparralnewsletter.com

If you want to browse first, check out the Archives for past issues. Otherwise it's a simple click on the Subscribe link and all you do is type your email address. Nothing else.

lovetheoldies

[6]Aug 11, 2009

The newsletter featuring the article about HC on DVD can be found at this link. Just scroll down the page about half way.

http://www.highchaparralnewsletter.com/Archives/May_27_2008.htm

jalahaparanda

[7]Apr 21, 2010

I suppose the day when the first official DVD release will be in the US is close. Anyway the first worldwide official release of season 1 is in Germany May 20th 2010!!!!!! Subtitles: English and also dubbed to German. But a very boring DVD cover :-(

Look at amazon.de

lovetheoldies

[8]Jun 12, 2010

If you belong to the High Chaparral Discussion Group you will see there has been recent thread about the new German released DVD's (season 2 will also be released apparently).

The feedback all seems to be very good. The group is at: http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/hcdg/

jalahaparanda

[9]Oct 21, 2010
    The High Chaparral season 2 (region 2) will be released in Germany December 9, 2010. Expect seasons 3 and 4 for a release during 2011.

Colin_Nathan

[10]Nov 8, 2012

The High Chaparral would probably the best western series I've ever seen! It was starred with realistic human heroes, convincing villains, rational story-lines. What I love most about this TV series is - it is filled with elevated adventure! I'm certainly a big fan of this show that's why I tried to look for a best copy from online shopping. Well, it was my first to purchase online that's why I did some research on some online DVD shops and inquired about this TV show. I made my purchase at http://www.dariusgoins.com/The.High.Chaparral.dvd.complete.set.html . This company delivered my parcel so fast 6 working days to be exact. What's more surprising is the boxset I received was well-packaged. Honestly, the quality is good but not purely high-definition. I find it acceptable because this is an old show. Gladly, there's no problem with the DVDs, it played very well in our DVD player and it has all the complete episodes. This is definitely a great gift for myself as I'm a great fan of this show!