The Highwayman Forums

NBC (ended 1988)

What a great series

THE_GFP

[1]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    Seems i am all alone here

well this series was on in the uk in 1988/89 and was great and i only really remember 1 episode where he traveld back in time to see a woman for some reason then went back to the future (hey that sounds like a plot for a good film or 3) and saw her again in a roadside cafe

his lorry was great too and the cab came apart and became a helicopter or was that his mate who also had a lorry

ive actually got the entire series on vhs in my loft that i recorded 18 years ago

god im old

The G.F.P
    Edited on 02/02/2006 8:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nvingo

[2]May 8, 2006
    • level: 1

Yes I remember it wasn't it on late evenings or in the early hours?

Every other show has been repeated to death but I've never seen this one, surely some TV station somewhere can resurrect it for those of us who didn't commit it to magnetic media first time round. From memory one cab separated into a helicopter (wasn't that the focus/main character) and the other was more like a large coupe/sports car?

If not any chance you could transfer it to DVD and "share" it?

Edited on 05/08/2006 6:14am

DistantWords

[3]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    I remember LOVING this show when it was on.  I really enjoyed it!  Was mad that it got canceled, but looks like I was in the minority as well...

twilightboy

[4]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 23
    This show was on tv in Colombia in the early 90's. I loved both trucks, one had an helicopter and the other had a super sports car,. does anybodie remember the truck from their boss? maybe i am wrong but i kind of remember that there was another truck but it was only shown once. Episodes i remember: An alien ship crashes and they have to take an alien or the ship in one of the trucks, Some bad guys are unearthing dead bodies. thats all i can remember, oh and the show had a madmax feel to it.

sureshot88

[5]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 1

please please please  is there  any chance I could rent that series from you?

seanwilliams@atlanticbb.net