The Hills

Tuesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered May 31, 2006 In Season

danbambridge

The Hills Fan Reviews (145)

• A pop-cultural phenomenon loved for its simplicity.

'The Hills' isn't exactly your high quality drama, in fact, with all this confusion about what's real and what's not, you can barely even categorize it with quality, because it's life, life of a beautiful blonde who got famous for being famous and whose adventures in Hollywood are so addicting, they are more talked about then events in let's say Africa or the Middle-East. Not that I am the one to talk, just like everyone else (who is either tv-addicted or a young white female dreaming of life in L.A.) I've fallen for Lauren Conrad & co a long time ago, and couldn't help but tune in to what's easily the best example for what you call a "guilty pleasure". The show has nothing to be proud of, hence the "guilty", we all know how awful those girls are that have their own reality shows and are loved by everyone for doing nothing worth mentioning, but at the same time, even straight nineteen year old guys are interested to see if Lauren attends a wedding. The truth is this; the show revolves about hot girls living rich among other beautiful people with opportunities, parties and houses galore, and at least a small part of us wouldn't mind such a life ourselves. Lauren attends the biggest parties, goes to the hottest clubs, is friends with other semi-celebs (ask my dad who Brody Jenner is and he'll probably say "the mail man", ask my 15-year old friend and she can be mopped off of the floor) and has a awesome job, and I don't mean the one at People's Revolution. The thing is, everything these group of people touch becomes well known, from the music, the clubs to the clothes they wear, they are the most accessible celebs around and the fact that their lives are made extra juicy for our entertainment value is soon forgotten. With that we have to complement the crew of The Hills, not only have they succeeded in following twenty-somethings around for years, they've also managed to make their lives seem so dramatic that it borders with unbelievable, but that it's still enough to wonder how come your life is so boring. And even though sometimes the writers aren't very original, it's always entertaining, and it's always addicting. For five seasons, The Hills knew exactly how to keep you hooked every week, and with wise life lessons from Lauren, sweet advice from Whitney, scandalous mistakes from Heidi and, well, Justin-drama from Audrina (let's not forget the hilarious Lo, btchy Stephanie and the evil Spencer) every week, there comes a time to say goodbye to the life of these young people. We've seen them turn into young adults, and we've watched all the drama that came with it, now it's time for them to take a rest, and for us to start life ourselves….or tune in to the next tv-pleasure you can't talk about to anyone else.