Anyone like the movie?

xadoc

[21]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    Richiebcfc25 wrote:

The TV series OWNS the film in so many ways

the film version was too hollywood for my liking

That is true, but I must admit that I've seen the movie first and it startled my curiosity.

I've also checked the original series because I was seeking for something like Red Dwarf which is also pretty good in this genre.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[22]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 19

It was okay. I watched it only once when it 1st came out and have almost forgot I have it until I saw the tv show on sale at BBCAmericanShop.com Have not had time to watch it yet. Will get the movie out at the time and compare the two.

cybercontroller

[23]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 8

I liked it well enough. It was hard hearing the same old jokes I've heard for 25 years repeated again. The new stuff was just so-so. I liked the casting for the most part. I'm in love with Zooey Deschanel so that was a plus. Previous Trillians were bimbos or non-entities so it was nice to have her a more rounded character with conflicts. Since they implied from the first version Arthur was in love with her, why not have a love triangle?

To the person who said it was overrated, you do realize this film was a huge bomb, don't you? I don't see how a bomb can be overrated. Even die hard fans don't say it was great.