The Honeymooners Forums

CBS (ended 1978)

Honeymooners jokes and gags redone on other shows

nyfan

[1]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 20

Let's list some Honeymooner jokes and gags that have influenced future shows, gags we seen on other shows.

1) The coin flip joke aka "Heads I win, tails you lose" form TV Or Not TV I have seen that gag done many times, and it is a real funny gag that never gets old. I can't think of all of them, off the top of my head, but one that comes to mind is an episode of Scooby Doo Where Are You Haunted House Hang Out.

2) The sleepwalker episode Sleepwalker those jokes have redone many times, I saw it redone recentely on Disney Channel series Suite Life Of Zack and Cody episode titled Zoombie Mom .

3) The look a like replacment friend from Pal O'Mine Ralph is mad at Ed, so his new best friend looks and acts exactly like Ed. That has been redone many times. I saw it done on Nickelodeon series Drake And Josh, when they get replacement friends called Drew and Jerry.

4) The $99,000 Answer end gag was redone, with this episode mentioned in an episode of Pinkey And The Brain.

So the Honeymooners and Jackie Gleason, really were set the bar for a lot that we see on television in the years that followed, and still is an influence.

Edited on 08/16/2007 6:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.