The Honeymooners Forums

CBS (ended 1978)

Two very similar Honeymooners episodes?

ZeroOneTwoThree

[1]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    I was just wondering, was there two of almost the same honeymooners episodes? Right now I am watching Anniversary Gift from the Lost Episodes collect, and Trixie comes in and gives Alice the same gift that Ralph was going to give her, so he decides to use the $25 that Alice gave him for the swade jacket to buy her a gift.

I swear I remember an episode where some friend of Alice gives Alice the same gift as in the anniversary gift that Ralph again was going to give her but he decides to use money from Uncle George (I believe his name was). What was the name of this episode? And why were there two almost exact episodes even with the same exact gift in both episodes?  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yeahyouknow

[2]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 3
    what about the episode kramden vs. norton and the episode tv or not tv?? arent those very simlar episodes??

thegroovyguru

[3]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    That is because the "lost" episodes were not filmed using the Electronicam (early videotape) method (which Jackie Gleason himself insisted on using for the classic 39), and were expendable. Therefore, many of the so called "lost episode" scripts were recycled into many of the "classic 39" episodes, which you may or may not know was simply an offshoot of The Jackie Gleason Show, where the "lost" episodes came from. It was assumed that the earlier versions of certain episodes would never be seen, so rather than pay the writers for a new script, they could simply use an old one.

ladybritcomfan

[4]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 36
    That's why I don't like the ones from the '60s. They're nothing but colored version remakes of the '50s episode. And they don't even have Audrey Meadows and Joyce Randolph playing the wives.