The Inbetweeners Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2012)

US vs UK

JMKane

[1]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 1

I am a great fan of UK version and I just saw US version. I think US is much worse. I know - I am unfair because I knew UK version first.. but I am not sure that US version will be such a hit.

...and WTF is up with "US" Jay? He's nothing like "UK" Jay...

Greeting from Poland.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DVEight

[2]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 5

Its like comparing tangerines to oranges, for example I loved the UK version of the office but also enjoy the US version as well. Inbetweeners US was not as funny as Inbetweeners UK, i did think they did a alright job of fusing episode 1 & 2 into the US pilot, and it was funny. However future episodes will have to be greatly modified for the more prude US TV overlords, I imagine well never see a adaption of Season 3 episode 1 the fashion show episode.

MatthewRaiche

[3]Feb 9, 2013
    There is an unwritten rule that all Brits have to hate American remakes of British shows, regardless of the quality of the remake. Just look at the discussion forum for the American version of "Shameless" for more examples.

MatthewRaiche

[4]Feb 16, 2013
    The thing about Brits is that when they come up with concepts for TV shows, they are really bad at flollowing through. There are are a lot of good British shows out there. How many episodes do we get in a season? And when the hell is the next episode coming? It would be nice if you guys actually made more than a few short episodes on a good series and then made more episodes.

You can start complaining about our remakes of your concepts, when you show the abiliby to make them yourselves.