The Incredible Hulk Forums

CBS (ended 1982)

Which season should I get first?

garcet71283

[1]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 1

I've recently been returning to my childhood reruns and watching some of the classic Hulk episodes that have been shown on TV, Hulu, etc. but I'm definitely ready to buy the dvds so I can watch them whenever I please. Does anyone have any opinions as to which season I should buy first? I really prefer to start with my favorite/the best season and work from there so I've been tied between season 2 and 4. Season 2 has some of the show's greats, like Mystery Man, Married, The Quiet Room, etc., and has overall more consistently enjoyable episodes (if that phrase made any sense) but season 4 has some of my personal favs, like Prometheus, Dark Side, and The Harder They Fall.

Anyone have any opinions on which I should get (or maybe if I should get any other seasons to start with)?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antiyonder

[2]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 39
    I'd probably go for Season 4 first as that is not available on Hulu.

annericelover

[3]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 7

Well I personally prefer buying the series in order, but you can get the Ultimate Collection, which is a "Best of" featuring many of the episodes you mentioned and more. It was basically Universal's attempt at trying to see if people wanted to have the series on DVD. It was also released during the time that Ang Lee's film was coming out. I usually don't get "Best of" sets because its just another way to pitch your pockets for more money, so I wait for the Full Seasons, but I always loved this show and decided the hell with it.

I brought Season 1 than Season 4(I found it for 5 dollars so I made an impulse buy), but than for 20 dollars brought the Complete Series set(which looked great, but I hated how you had to take each DVD out to get to the next one, even though, Knight Rider Complete Series set was much better packaged)

Scandal2000

[4]Jan 3, 2014
    • level: 7
    Season 2 is the best season of the Hulk in my opinion. Most of the storylines that season were great.