The Incredible Hulk

The Snare

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 07, 1979 on CBS

• David ends up on a private island with a man who turns out to be a hunter who has become sick of hunting animals and has decided that hunting people is a much better test of his skills. Of course David wins in the end but only just.

This episode has to be one of the best of the entire series. From start to finish it is a roller coaster ride of fun, adventure, thrills and suspense.

David is very clever in this episode with the way he finds the key to get out of the house and avoid being killed by the hunter.

I also like the fact that David always checks everything he touches and does. This of course saves him from being blown up in the end. The other people in the photo's were not so lucky.

A classic episode in every sense of the word.
  • David Banner/Hulk on Terror Island

I was only 10 years old when I saw this episode, but I remember parts of it vividly. Perhaps I was struck by the gamesmanship of the story. Also, I think this was my introduction to psychological thrillers, at least on the small screen.

David outwits the master on his own turf, but barely. It takes every ounce of his intellect and experience to survive the episode, and he does so with scars. His opponent is a twisted version of McGuyver, who can apparently rig anything to do anything he wants.

Concur with the other ratings of superb to perfect. This episode haunted me for many years, and I still think about it once in a while. Like to see it again, to see if any of the initial impact has worn off. I'll bet not.

I'm not certain what the theme is; life is a game and humans the most dangerous? One freak of nature deserves another? Who best to outwit a master but another?

The most memorable episode of the series, and I saw more than a few, even if it was almost 30 years ago.
  • A battle of wits from a man who has no regard for life against a man who can outwit his deadly game.

The episode starts out with the hunter and the hunted playing chess with Sutton thinking he beat Banner and Banner's look showed otherwise at the beginning and at the end of the episode. Sutton challenged the man and brought out the animal that he could not handle. Banner manages to survive and in a way put final justice to Sutton in the end for all the victims who came before Banner. Even at the end of the episode after his defeat Sutton still thought he would get the final word but as Banner said in the beginning of the episode during their chess game and at the
    end of the episode but not with words "Checkmate"