TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Inside Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Best crime drama in years?

allyp182

[1]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 9

Wow. I was completely blown away by The Inside. I am a crime drama junkie but I tend to find them all the same, The Inside was completely new and refreshing. The storylines were so interesting and nail-biting if not a little inneccesarily gory. There were so many unexpected twists, especially about Rebecca's abduction and "Pony Man".

I am still bitter about the cancellation. TV has gone down the toilet, cancelling great shows for mediocre ones which involve a) pretty young people b) gore & violence & c) generic writing & storylines or godawful reality TV. How did Fox even expect it to get good ratings or a fanbase when it premiered in the goddamn summer! Anyone with a life is going to be out with their friends or on vacation. And the promotion for it was awful, it barely got any so no one knew it existed!

It saddens me how a cheap, way less interesting or unique version of this show Criminal Minds has gotten renewed for like 3 seasons. JJ & Emily Prentiss cannot hold a candle to the awesomeness of Rebecca Locke just like Jason Gideon can't touch Virgil Webster. The twists in The Inside were soooo much more interesting. And CSI: Miami is absolute trash that's so poorly written it's unbelievable and it's managed to go on for like 6 seasons. I wish this was on CBS or at least aired in the fall on Fox, it would have been a huge hit.

I can't believe Fox didn't even do so much as put it on DVD like they did with the short-lived show Point Pleasant, I'd be first in line to buy it!

Does anyone else agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LBF522

[2]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    I loved the show also. I have the series on VHS which I am glad I did. It was better than some of the other crime shows in that it was character based and I loved the characters.

bigpuppax

[3]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    I couldn't disagree with you more. I too am a fan of crime dramas, but found The Inside extremely disappointing. To be fair, I may be spoiled by Criminal Minds, but stacked up next to the latter, I find The Inside shallow and unsophisticated, with uninteresting characters and boring cases.

The_Beekeeper

[4]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 10

The Inside is without a doubt the best crime drama I have ever seen. I can't think of any other crime drama that possesses the amount of character depth this show had. It was dark, sexy, thrilling and moving. I have all 13 episode on DVD and look forward to watching it again.

For anyone who hasn't seen the episodes that were not aired in the U.S... it only got better. You have my sympathy.

The_Beekeeper

[5]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I also agree with original poster that it is SO much better than Criminal Minds (I actually said SO out loud when I wrote that.) Criminal Minds is okay but it fails to distinguish itself from other generic cop shows. It's formulaic with cardboard characters.

dralanstone

[6]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 1
    I still keep the DVDs from the 7 US aired episodes. After a year from cancellation passed, I knew the DVD set would not be issued for sale. So, I am still hoping some kind European will upload the later episodes somewhere.

ha6kox

[7]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 7

Yes "The Inside" is absolutely unique. There is no other crime drama like it.

True masterpiece.

I agree with you completely. It really saddens me that most of the people prefer dry, stereotype shows that have filled television nowadays. I really can`t understand it. It seems like there are very few people like me and you who appreciate true art.

Edited on 07/23/2008 9:23am
    Edited 2 total times.

mckenzie5555

[8]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    The usual - I should have known, I love this show...why are they cancelling these goog quality shows - what is it! do they just presume that everybody out there likes reality tv shows - wot a waste!!!

snakeboy69

[9]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 3
    I absolutely agree with the first post!

Really dull and shallow shows thrive while something that requires a drop of intellect to actually enjoy get's dropped like a hot potato. Says more for the audience than anything else really...

All the episodes (13 of them) are available online. If you have not seen them yet, you are doing yourself a great disservice! It only got better as it went along.

This remains one of the best shows I've EVER seen. Up there with Lost, 24, Prison Break etc. They REALLY dropped the ball with this cancellation.