The Inside Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Why was The Inside cancelled?!

RoXy_AnGeL_07

[1]Oct 12, 2005
    • level: 4
    God! I'm getting so freakin' tired of FOX cancelling every good show! Everytime they get started on a season, they cancel it half-way: good or not! 'The Inside' was a good show! From what I've heard, loads of people love this show! FOX only cares about their profits, not their viewers. The only thing that's really keeping them going is House, which is another one of my favorite T.V. shows. FOX had some really good shows that got cancelled, and in reality, it's a shame. If they keep this up, then they'll have no viewers!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dorkusmcforkus

[2]Oct 13, 2005
    • level: 15
    What makes me angry is that this show could have become a hit if they had aired it in the fall.. with House or another show. I mean Bones got picked up for a full season is not even half as good as the inside.
    Instead, FOX premieres this show in focking July! and then aren't happy because it isn't a monster hit..
    ROAR

danharr

[3]Oct 16, 2005
    • level: 45
    Hate to play devils advocate but....... First off if a show doesn't get like 4 million viewers right off the bat then the stations, all of them fox included cut the show. Next fox needs summer programming just like anyone else. Pretty much when no one watches a show it goes away.

chaosrainz

[4]Oct 18, 2005
    • level: 17
    And I read something early on that gave me the impression they were just using this as filler. Unless it did really well they weren't planning on making it a series anyway. I don't remember where I got that, I haven't had time to search but I do remember getting that impression.

archangelcory16

[5]Oct 22, 2005
    • level: 32
    It averaged 3.9 million viewers. THAT'S why it was canceled.

morninglight

[6]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 11
    FOX should know by now that its not good to have these types of shows (other than reality) air in the summer. look at last season. The jury, Quintuplets, Method and Red, and North Shore all got the ax. and now the inside. which is a shame cuz i know it had potential prob would have been a great show if they had waited till at least September to premiere. the FOX people are pretty stupid.

RoXy_AnGeL_07

[7]Nov 16, 2005
    I know. I love their shows but the people are just plain ignorant...

the_311_saint

[8]Nov 17, 2005
    • level: 10
    FOX should change their broadcasting sign to WCS for We Cancel (Good) Shows.

RoXy_AnGeL_07

[9]Nov 23, 2005
    Exactly!

allpowerfulxman

[10]Dec 3, 2005
    • level: 2
    What really sucks is how FOX fails to promote it's best series. If The Inside had more commercial promotion maybe more people would watch it. What also frustrates me is that an average of 4 million viewers during the summer isn't that bad. I mean, Tru Calling made it through 25 episodes on 4 million viewers.

misstv

[11]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 7
    How the h--- does Fox expect their shows to have more viewers if they don't even give them a chance?? It makes me madddd!!!! Besides, 4 million viewers is a LOTTTT of people!!! And it's not the only network who does that, so it goes for all of them.. I'm sick of networks executives!!!!

talahar2005

[12]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    what i don't get is:
    why do most of the shows i wanna watch end up on fox,
    and get canceled right away...?
    it's like 4 of 5 shows that i watch get canceled after a couple of episodes....
    makes it hard for me to start watching a new show,
    i'm afraid it will be canceled again...

really really sucks

osa420

[13]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    RoXy_AnGeL_07 wrote:
    God! I'm getting so freakin' tired of FOX cancelling every good show! Everytime they get started on a season, they cancel it half-way: good or not! 'The Inside' was a good show! From what I've heard, loads of people love this show! FOX only cares about their profits, not their viewers. The only thing that's really keeping them going is House, which is another one of my favorite T.V. shows. FOX had some really good shows that got cancelled, and in reality, it's a shame. If they keep this up, then they'll have no viewers!

well, unless American Idol just spontaneously combusts(which i'm sure we would all appreciate), I don't think fox is worried about ratings. not to mention, they have NFL.

BekkaLass

[14]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 16
    I think FOX and the WB are evil-cajoined-twins seperated at birth purposefully placed here on this earth to totally piss people off. I've gotten used to their crap on the WB(I totally quit watching it after Angel was canceled)...But Fox seemed smarter...guess not. I am totally tired of "Reality" shows...if I want to see reality I go work in the Emergency Department(doesn't get anymore real than that folks) I prefer some imaginative dramatic quirky shows with characters I care about..Too Much to ask? Guess so..FOX, WB .. listen to the viewers...viewers dont buy what they advertise on these channels..that is one way to get them in the wallet.

ssa2204

[15]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    You know what is even more mind numbingly frustrating? The fact that FOX cancels The Inside, yet that garbage Criminal Minds remains. No offense to Criminal Minds fans, but that show really is just so *#&@ generic.

If there is any justice in this world, then studios, producers etc. would start refusing to let their shows on Fox, so then that channel would remain nothing more than 24/7 crap. That way I could just tune out FOX and keep the others programed in.

rekikoski

[16]Apr 16, 2006
    • level: 10
    I think the show was canceled because it was too brutal for american taste. Example the episode were that young girl was a sosiopath and a murderer.
    I really loved the show. it´s much better that bones or closer, or even the all the csi´s.

(sorry about bad grammar, but I`am finish, so my english isin´t perfect)

Fat_Boy_PT

[17]Apr 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    They gave up on the show before airing a single episode. This clearly wasnt a show for summer time. They had no faith in it so they just burned a few episodes in the summer and that was it.

The other problem was the pilot. The first two or three episodes werent really that good.
    By the time things started improving many ppl had given up on it.

Its a shame because by the end of the season, this was a terrific show. Had Fox given it a chance, given them time to grow, they could have had a real hit.

It pains me that a show with so much potential was just wasted.

And criminal minds rules! Both great shows!

purple_kathryn

[18]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    I liked the show but to be honest I found the whole premise a little disturbing.  They kept going back to Rebecca being abused (although they really just went with implication on what happened to her) which was a bit off putting.

pooldude256

[19]May 4, 2006
    • level: 38
    ssa2204 wrote:
    You know what is even more mind numbingly frustrating? The fact that FOX cancels The Inside, yet that garbage Criminal Minds remains. No offense to Criminal Minds fans, but that show really is just so *#&@ generic.

If there is any justice in this world, then studios, producers etc. would start refusing to let their shows on Fox, so then that channel would remain nothing more than 24/7 crap. That way I could just tune out FOX and keep the others programed in.

New FOX Chief Peter Ligiouri said he regretted premiering "The Inside" in June, as opposed to late May when American Idol and 24 were wrapping up seasons. They took a chance on a quality show they thought would last, but it failed.

Why don't you guys stop b*tching about FOX cancelling good shows? It's the whole busiess of things, really. If FOX were to keep a show which gave them 3-4 million viewers, they would continue to produce crappy, low-budget reality shows because they aren't making any money off the 3-4 million shows.

What would be nice is if a rich billionaire made a deal with FOX or any other network that would give some money to the networks for show development. An independent businessman. Then we could get more quality shows on the air, and even if they get low viewers.

archangelcory16

[20]May 31, 2006
    • level: 32
    The fact that the show was disturbing and took chances is what makes it appealing.