The Inside

Loneliest Number

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jul 06, 2005 on FOX

• One of the best episodes of the show

It was good that in this episode we get to know a little more about Becky George. Rebecca really talks about her past.
    The storyline was really great, maybe some things could have been better, but it was one of my favorite episodes of the show.
    Loved that they thought it was a guy at first, but then found out it was that woman that directed that institution.
    She thought that she was doing things right just because they thought in committing suicide before. They started changing their minds but still she killed them.
    She gave them something to make them stay still, but they could feel all the pain she was causing them. She's a real psyco...
    Good that they found Rebecca in time.
  • One of the best ep in the serie

This ep, made me rember why i stay up on the night watching this. The story line could have been better, but what made me love this ep was the scen when the team finds out who she relly is, from the moment we found out that she was Becky George, i have whanted to see this scen.

At first when she walks out from rest of the group i feel relly bad for her. As the ep go on. We see Paul trying to make her understand that she can trust them that they whant to be her friends and that they other neead to know who sge are. And when she finly tells them who she is, she dose that becuse she feels like she neeads it. becuse that would help what she is doing. i mean she dont even speek to them. they just happend to listen. later when mel trys to talk to her, i feels bad for both of them for to me is it like a part of her whants to let Mel help her with what she is working on a part that win says she can´t trust them.
    when they finds her i think she for the first times relise that this pepoel care about her and whants to be her friend and that they can trust them. and i love who she comes to them in the end, and relly starts to try be one of them.
  • I didn't really like this weeks episode. I found it a little boring, not a great storyline either.

It seems to me that in every epsiode it's always Rebecca's case & she's undercover & in danger etc. Come on, give the others a chance. It's starting to get boring.

The one good thing though is that we got to find out more about her background & her kidnapping, and so did the rest of the team.
  • Very interesting episode.

I never really seen a good suicide episode on any TV show until I caught this one. This was very well done. I thought for sure the killer would be Gary or the other creepy suicide guy (the one that gets killed last by the woman). But once he was found in the tub, You knew what was set to happen. I liked seeing Rebecca joining her co workers at the dinner and finally winding down. The part where Rebecca's on the phone with Gary was so great. I thought for sure she was actually crying. I was also shocked to see the killer slash Rebecca's wrists. I thought for sure her co workers would have saved her in time. Great episode here. Too bad the stupid network pulled the plug on the inside.
  • Was it suicide or was it murder?

Not the best episode so far, just okay. Maybe it was me but I found it also quite predictable. From the moment they went into that woman’s house I knew she was the one.
    What is also beginning to bother me is the fact that Rebecca is always put undercover or used as a decoy.
  • As another serial killer roams the streets, we find out more about Rebecca and the rest of the team.

What I liked best about this episode was how we got a lot of character development. We find out more about Rebecca's feelings and background, and the team gets more integral to the plot.
    The case itself was a little bit too close, plot-wise, to Pre-Filer, not that that's a bad thing. It was intense, although quite obvious from the get-go (not the why, but the who). Good conclusion, though.
    I loved how Rebecca finally feels like she's "one of the team" and how they now work better together. Want to see more of that in the future.
  • Nice character study.

Rebecca grabs hold of something deep inside herself to lure a serial killer out into the open. Meanwhile, she completely misses the character who started a suicide hotline from her apartment (who [i]does[/i] that?) whose background is much more available than that of ... well, her [i]boss[/i], for one, and she finds out more about him than I'm sure she's supposed to.

Even so, the misdirection on Tracy was effected by almost never showing her, which is a perfectly acceptable means of storytelling. Adam was an excellently freaky character and his interaction with the "suicide support group" was deliciously strange.

Anyone else catch a pretty solid Faith vibe off of that one woman in the suicide group? Not an exact match, but a definite attitude.

Speaking of ties with the 'verse, nice blooming onion reference by Jayne. I haven't been entirely clear on what his character is for, and it seems destined for comic relief. There really hasn't been an Agent Danny Love episode -- and actually, except for the next one, when Paul has a complete breakdown, most of the episodes have focused like a laser on Rebecca's traumas.

Which, to be honest, are not without intrigue. What we got to see with her call to the hotline and her performance for the suicide group, she's got a wicked twisted wreckage of darkness and pain in her soul, and yet she can turn it on and off -- access it or not -- like a faucet.

Another wonderful thing was how overwhelmed by a tidal event of human grief Jayne got, and Red asking if he was going to be OK. Agent Love is a character who feels things immediately and reacts immediately, which is probably a nice moment of chaos they want to use somehow and just haven't.

Just ... not sure what to make of the Big Grrl Drink he was drinking. "The Kids in the Hall" had a most excellent sketch about the dangers of Big Grrl Drinks once and he may wish to review the tape as a cautionary example.

I was unhappy about the show beginning and ending in the diner, mostly because full-circle storytelling gets a little tired and it's simply not clever anymore. I was thinking there'd be a way to end it so they were all together someplace and committed to working together as a group, in that that was the whole point of this storyline -- if you shut people out, they can't help you when you really need help -- but Rebecca joining the group there was a little too trite for me.

Even so, it's obvious they spent all of the writing energy on the story, because it was a good one. Rebecca's inability to profile a set of victims because she's so violently excised her own vulnerabilities was an excellent discussion of her own limitations. Her instincts were still good, but she was still unable to get into their head.

So it's hard to know whether she was tracking Tracy or completely surprised by her. But that was a commanding final showdown.

I just wish they'd been able to just arrest her. A lot of storytelling on these shows are gratuitously violent just to be as dark and as scary as they can be, and yes, she's a serial killer and yes, she's armed with a razor, but I just don't believe she needed to be shot four or five times.

Even so ... well done.

I'm so going to miss this show, and I dearly hope there will be some DVDs available.

Stupid FOX with its stupid series-cancelling stupidity. :(
  • the team investigates a series of cases that involves murder and suicide. Rebecca goes undercover as a woman who has attempted suicide.

this was awesome! a little creepy in the way Rebecca was on the phone talking to Gary but honestly? woah! that was great acting for an FBI agent! the great thing about this episode was that Paul made Rebecca see that she isn't alone in their group, that she doesn't need to be isolated from the rest of them in solving their cases; they're a team and as a team, they could even do better and great things. this "effect" on Rebecca was shown in the end of the episode, which was so a squeeeee! moment. Rebecca going to that restaurant to be with the rest of the guys ... awesome! plus, it was so cute and funny! Paul playing the clarinet in HS, dorky! LOL!
  • Creepy but good!

I'll be honest...I thought it was Gary who killed the victims. I know they made it seem like he was the killer and when they do that, it is never actually them. I was totally not expecting Tracy, I think her name was, to be the killer. That was creepy when she stabbed Rebecca and then put her in the tub naked and cut her. Very gross but a very good episode! That was such a sad story when Rebecca told how she was kidnapped.