The Inside

Old Wounds

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jun 15, 2005 on FOX

• A major step backwards from the pilot.

5.2
    Did the writers of this show use up all of their talent in the (fantastic) final ten minutes of the pilot?

This episode was absolute dredge - predictable plot, generic characters, mediocre dialogue - just awful.

The plot of the pilot episode was tight enough to make you ignore the cliched characters (the nice guy, the cynic, the gruff dude), but the slower pace of this highlighted that basic flaw.

Hopefully episode 3 will rebound.
  • I found this episode even better than the pilot and I'm hoping that it will keep improving in the episodes to come.

Again I'm curious to find out more about Rebecca Locke's past as ther were some flashbacks of what looked like her as a child but not very clear.

The case was very interesting & there was a nice twist at the end. I never did guess who the real murderer was.

The only thing I anticipated was the ending, somehow I had a feeling that the murderer was going to do what he did.
  • Not as good as the first episode but still entertaining to watch.

A bit to extreme with the rape scene but since it didn't really show much, its good. There was a nice twist, I thought it was preacher guy but then it was revealed to be the Retired Cop. This episode was not as enjoyable as the pilot so I would say this was step-down from an excellent start. Even though the ratings for the first episode was quite low and beaten by re-runs of other shows, I sure hope FOX keeps the show and not drop it like they did with Tru Calling, Point Pleasant, Firefly and Millennium.

This show is getting better and better.
  • I didn't feel that 'Old Wounds' was as good as the pilot episode.

Probably the best thing I loved about this installment was the scenes with Danny and Mel. To me, they saved the episode from mediocrity. Their exchange in the briefing room at the beginning had me on the floor, with Danny wanting a case so that he can wear a moustache disguise. Hah! Show creator Tim Minear did such a wonderful job of balancing character development and screentime on "Angel" and "Firefly", but I have yet to see it in "The Inside". I really do hope that the 'background' characters like Danny and Mel will get a chance to shine.
  • Looking forward to what this show can be

This show may be about serial killers and the people who hunt them, but more important here is the past of these characters which made them to the people they are today and why Webb chose them to be on his team. We have now already learned some of Rebecca's troubled past and this episode hints that we will probably learn all of what is haunting these people, though it may be quite a while before we do.
    What I liked about this episode was the introduction of something that will probably become a ritual at the beginning of each episode (I hope), namely the case-pitch. These pitches will immediately get the audience excited as they wonder what it will be and which one will get chosen by Webb. They also hopefully show us the different fields of 'interest' of the characters.
    Although the plot wasn't all that special, I thought it was good that the subject, S&M, was looked upon from different angles without the show passing a final judgement upon it.
  • Quite an improvement in just one week.

Tight story, intense, dark and with a touch of humor here and there. This week's episode was way better than last week's. De dialogue is clever and well written and the characters are getting more familiar. I am getting quite intrigued what everyones 'secret' is.

Let's hope they keep this up.
  • Not bad, but not special enough

7.2
    The girl is still not fully believable, Web is too weird and the story line is still too thin. Positive aspects are the way everything is filmed and also sound is very good. With a slightly better storyline and a bit more character depth, this could become a good show though ...
  • Dark, sick, twisted, but incredibly intense, and an improvement on the show already.

The Inside is already improving from last week with this dark, twisted episode. I find myself wanting to find out more about our main characters, and that is definitely a good thing.
    As for the plot, it was nothing all that new if you've been a fan of similar shows, but it was intense, and not as predictable as the Pilot last week.
    I hope it continues in this vein, and that our characters don't have to take a backseat ride to the plotlines.