The Inside

FOX (ended 2005)

Gino24

The Inside Fan Reviews (83)

• A movie unique for a crime drama Probably one of the best i have seen so far..

I have seen many movies involving crimes, and i have noticed that these movies are quite similar, and i can`t find anything inspiring and unique in them, but this one is really special. I haven`t seen anything like it before. The dark, grotesque atmosphere really makes this movie special and brings you inside the twisted world of serial killers.This movie is something different from the usual crime investigating seen in such other movies, it`s a real masterpiece, really inspiring. When i watch it i feel like i`m experiencing a dark dream, like i`m swimming in a deep ocean of sinister thoughts that slither in our heads at night. I had the similar feeling when i watched the movie "Sphere".It`s really special. I suppose that the creator of the movie is a genius, a psychopath himself. I haven`t seen anyone else understanding better the world of sociopaths. The creator really thinks like a sociopath. I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to know more about the world of killers, and for anyone who`s looking for unique ideas and has a touch with the darkness. This movie will introduce psychos of all gender and age, and lead you deeper into their world, into their minds.
  • A good show with great acting grounded without given a chance to take off. BRING IT BACK!

I was so upset when FOX first announced the cancellation of The Inside! This show had fantastic potential, but was never given a chance. I mean, how did the cancel-happy Fox expect it to become a huge hit when it aired in the summer and the dates kept on changing? The acting was well done and the storylines kept me coming back for more. There was something about The Inside which differentiated it from all the crime dramas on TV - it could have been the uniqueness of using profiling to catch a killer, the main character Rebecca's backstory as victim of random abduction as a child, it's goriness or how you won't guess the killers right off the bat. Sure, on the outside it looked similar to CSI, with the opening shots of the city, the grainy flashbacks, the gore...but it's so much more than that. The Inside focuses a lot more on using psychology to catch killers rather than science and technology as seen on CSI.

I don't understand why Fox decided to air it at such a crappy time; it needed a second season to grow. The Inside had all the makings of a huge hit. Instead of canceling the show maybe they should have gotten a writers helper for some different storylines.The one episode that stands out in my mind was when the bureau all thought that the groundskeeper was responsible for the murder of an 8 year old boy, but it was really a ten year old psychopath who framed the groundskeeper.

Rebecca Locke, the new FBI agent with "a gift, forged in pain" for profiling as Web put it, was my favorite character and the eye-catching beauty of the show. While she may seem cold and emotionally detached, it's for a good reason - Rebecca was abducted for a year and a half as a young girl, escaping from her abductor by starting a fire and leaving him for dead. Due to her kidnapping, Rebecca learned the cold hard reality of life and how to save herself, and that nobody was going to come to rescue her. Melody Sim and Danny Love add some dry humor to this dark, depressing, gruesome crime drama. Also, I noticed some good chemistry between Danny and Rebecca - I think the writers were setting up a little future romance there!

It saddens me how a cheap rip-off like Criminal Minds can get renewed as well as complete crap like CSI: Miami is going onto it's sixth season, when all that show is, is style and no substance. Overall, spectacular show that truly transcends all other similar ones, including Criminal Minds, it's rip-off, in all aspects (acting, meaning, understandability, value). Such a shame it was canceled so early, but don't worry, this show already made a huge impression on me with only one season, in other words, half a season is enough to make an impressive statement in the world of crime and detective genres, to dictate its own sturdy and shining place in a world filled with crappy, time-wasting and mediocre shows.

Damn the one who cut this show short (it better be because of budget problems), damn it if the reason the show was cut short was the viewers' preference because then these are just viewers who don't know how to appreciate a phenomenal show for crap!

BRING THE INSIDE BACK!!!!!
  • One the BEST TV series I have EVER watched. That's saying a lot when I would definitely rank this in the top among Heroes, LOST and House. I've never been more disappointed with FOX for failing to notice they had another winner. BRING IT BACK!!

'The Inside' is an absolute winner of a TV series. Sure, I've watched plenty of crime thrillers (NCIS, NYPD, CSI etc), and whilst I enjoyed those, I absolutely love 'The Inside'. It has everything one would hope for in a series: a thriller of a plot, twists, character development, the occasional (dark) humour and an overarching theme. Often it would take some episodes for me to be convinced to follow a series, but it took just that one episode 'Lonliest Number' to shock me into recognising another great series on the rise. I was already wondering then why such a hit was being shown near midnight when totally innane shows like 'Cops' and 'So you think you can dance' is given primetime screening. Seriously, that is more than enough for one to think once again about why these executives are being paid big bucks for? I've read some 'reviewers' dimiss the original 'The Inside' screening as 'just another CSI-wannabe'. They've never been more wrong! 'The Inside' is in a league of its own, and in my honest opinion, of far better quality than other crime 'flicks'. Even the recent season of NCIS is losing its touch. Even the much publicised 'Bones' is no match with 'The Inside'. And yet, despite the considerable fan support and favourable reviews of 'The Inside', and despite its very own merit, FOX failed to see its brilliance and not only failed to publicise the show, but also delegated it to an obscure timeslot in its first release in the States. Now, it's almost been two years since its screening, and still we do not have a DVD release for 'The Inside'. When will FOX wake up? When will they realise they have a show that is comparable to the venerable 'House', and in so many ways promises to be even better! Please BRING 'The Inside' BACK!
  • One of the best series around and they cancel it!!!

Loved this show, it had great potential.
    Why quit a show that is great while other shows that are far less still exist.
    Till this show I thought Without a Trace was the best, but this series has everything.
    It is the best mix of all the series I like(d).
    The cast is great and they work well together, that shows in their performance.
    Mr Coyote is great as the boss with much to hide.
    Miss Nichols also gives a great performance and you see her growing with every episode.
    Adam Baldwin is in my opinion the best actor of all the Baldwin's I was glad to see him in such a strong role
    Please please FOX give it another change, that would make you my hero.
  • The inside of Season 1<br /> New Girl in Town

After a team profiler is believed to be the latest victim of a serial killer, the squad is surprised by the new replacement, a rookie agent without much profiling experience. Squad supervisor Virgil “Web” Webster has a feeling about this rookie. He senses that Agent Rebecca Locke has a “gift” and that is why he chose her for his team. In short time the other team members can\\\'t help but be impressed with her too.
  • I loved that show so much!!

I'm getting tired and sick of FOX cancelled the best show ever..! I only have good reason why FOX decided to canned that show..because of another show, "do you think you can dance?"

FOX keeps pushes back..! that make me very, very angry and I never missed any episodes of that show! I enjoyed watch it until they took my favourite show off the air!

I find that really lame..! Perhaps..they should have "the inside" to be on last fall, because that show would get second season too as well!

Oh, well, the life must be going on!

• I think it was the best show I ever seen. I am into all shows involving murder and suspence. And that show gave me all of that and more. If you bring it back that would be great

PLease , bring it back that show rocked it really kicked butt. You need more shows life this one instead of reality based shows. I am so tired of the same thing on all the time. And the one time I get into a show like this you take it off. That's just wrong so please find it in your heart or in your wallet to bring it back!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Inside was the best crime/drama on television but never had an audience because it came on in the summer. If FOX waited and put it on when they had Killer Instinct (also cancelled). They could have had Crime/Drama Friday The Inside at 8:00PM and Kille

The Inside was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than any other crime/drama on tv. It was one in it's own. It was creative and well made. Each episode was dark and gruesome unlike CSI, Cold Case, Law and Order, or Without A Trace. It had a creative storys. With well thought out characters. The sad part is that it was cancelled (FOX tends to do that to A LOT of it's GREAT shows). Thank the lord i bought a promotional DVD with the first three episodes on it. One Day hopefully The Inside will be on a DVD box set.
  • one of the best of 2005

Excellent!!!!
    one of the best shows on tv in writing, acting and production, we should make a "Bring back" web page!!!!!!!!!. in venezuela the show's still running, so i guess people will get dissapointed when they found out. I really think rebecca's story is appealing and the other characters too, specially peter coyote and harrington.
  • One of those elegant shows that someone in management decides to cut, just because is different.

One of those rare gems in TV this year, "The Inside" failed to get a proper footing, ending just when the main characters were getting a grip of the plots. Despite of a great soundtrack, cinematic photography and a solid edition, the overall pace of the whole series was slow, taking its time (as it should be) to introduce us into the mind of every character.

The acting was one of the solid assets of this show, having a true veteran as Peter Coyote as the mastermind who is pulling the strings to get the best performance from his agents, a group of tortured souls. A program that "could be" but "never was", and will be missed.
  • WTF, why did you get rid of one of the few shows on fox that one can actually stand to watch.

The inside was a bold new show focusing on a new concept that I believe if left to its won would develope into a very good new series. Of course though fox in its infinate wisdom cut it off before it had a chance, must we bring up family guy again?
  • bring it back baka

i love love the show
    why o why do you have to cancel this very great best show
    i hate them
    no ofense
    please please bring it back
    it is a great show
    my favorite episode is when there is this evil dude and he killed for the first time when he little anyway when he kill he stuck i\this thing into your eye with a needle it is so cool
    PLEASE please please bring the show back it may have a better rating
  • Was a Great Show bring it back.

As usual every time a Network airs a new show that takes my liking, it does not last. The Cast that was assembled all seemed to flow together making an enjoyable TV episode to watch, there are only a few shows that I look forward each week, to watch. The CSI Crime Forensic Shows have been really taking a lot of the prime time viewing; this show was put together with a cast and well written stories that kept the viewers interested. That puts it a step above most all other shows of the same nature. So I would encourage fox to bring it back. But now Peter Cayote seems to have moved to Commander In Chief, and without him on the cast the show would be strongly compromised
  • Best show from FOX by far!

I will never understand why they cancelled "The Inside". My only plausible explanation was that the show was simply too dark and too cutting edge. It was just a little before it's time, therefore, getting an audience is not so easy.

I really loved this show! It helped make the summer so much better. The plot line was great, and the overarching questions definately kept the show very interesting. This young girl with a mysterious past which only few people know about joins an extreme FBI task force to battle the demons inside her. The relationships between each character was also a great note to the show. Even though Paul was married, it was really fun to see if he'd ever fall for Rebecca.

It was too bad that they cancelled the show because I saw a lot of potential to it, and saw a great future had FOX continued with the show. Considering all the shows that are out this fall (2005), I think "The Inside" would've stood out, and definately be given a chance.
  • This is a FANTASTIC show!! Why are all the good ones cancelled! Excellent acting, phenomenal characters and amazing story line. LOVED TIHS SHOW!

I have no idea why any show as good as this would be cancelled. I was so disappointed. What is sad is that I knew it would be because I liked this show so much! Peter Coyote plays an intense leader of this group of agents. My husband is in LOVE with the red head and we both really enjoy the complex and often disturbing plot lines. This is so much better than your average CSI or Law and Order! GREAT SHOW!!
  • BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!

My 17 year old granddaughter and I thoroughly enjoyed this show. We looked forward to the night it was on TV. I can't imagine why it failed because it was gripping, exciting, fascinating - I could go on and on. If FOX won't bring it back, I hope some other station will put it on schedule.
  • I'm happy to have discovered this new TV show. The Inside is an excellent show and I looked forward to each new episode; please hurry and produce new episodes to air.

The Inside is a great show with a twist on other shows in this genre, such as Law and Order (Special Victims Unit) or Without a Trace. The Inside presents unusual story lines which are intriguing yet a bit disturbing. This new show keeps your interest peeked.

Good cast; the characters compliment each other. Peter Coyote’s character (Supervisory Agent Virgil Webster) is certainly a stand-out and he plays it superbly; stoic, focused, hard, seemingly uncaring; yet one gets the feeling that deep down he cares more than most and that’s why this character puts on his façade (to stay sane?).

Rachel Nichols’ character (Special Agent Rebecca Locke) premise certainly stands out. Her long abduction as a child brings a different perspective of thinking to her job and an understanding of twisted minds that no one else possesses. Well done! It’s a wonder that she keeps it as together as she does.

Both Supervisory Agent Virgil Webster and Special Agent Rebecca Locke have uncanny abilities of ‘reading’ and understanding devious actions and the thought process of criminal intentions and the criminally unbalanced mind. Their insight made for the perfect title of the show.

The plots of each show are amazing; the writers of this show are either a little off-the-wall or do an awful lot of research with law enforcement agencies (maybe a little of the former but mostly the latter).

Compliments on a show well done. I look forward to many more new episodes.
  • Worth watching. Excellent new program!

I've watched this show from the beginning and it just keeps getting better. Its a different angle to the recent trends of the likes of csi.

Kinda reminds me of X-files in a way but without the aliens!

Also lets face it over the summer period there aren't many shows to chose from. This is difinately one of the best ones to watch this summer.
  • It was too good to continue...

Today on tvguide.com\'s Ask Ausiello
    Question: Have you heard whether or not Fox\'s The Inside will come back? — Tonya

Ausiello: The show\'s toast. Series creator Tim Minear said so himself on his personal website.

the show has been stopped at 13 episodes with no episodes picked up after.
    It was only too early to close a good show just as it started...
  • Finally the goriest cases brought to TV! It's like Silence of the Lambs, if Clarice was used as bait, a lot.

At first I have to say, this show wasn't the best. It was rough around the edges. Fox brought in Tim Minear and company to save the show from becoming 21 Jumpstreet returns. Instead we are offered a glimpse inside the violent crimes unit of the FBI. The title is more than just a little metaphor. The show is about being inside the unit, inside the head of criminals and inside the heart and head of rookie agent Rebecca Locke. Rebecca, formerly Becky george abductee, was traumatized as a young girl by being kidnapped and held for like 18 months by a nut job. Her will to survive saved her, but has always left her a bit on the margins of her peers. Enter Web, the guy who runs the FBI Violent Crimes unit in LA, who swoops up and takes Rebecca for his own unit (even though she apaprently failed a psych test). The first couple of episodes revolved around making Rebecca the bait to catch a bad guy. But as of late the show seems to be evolving into something that is not only watchable, but a show that makes you want Rebecca to find her real self. With the aid of the other agents (brilliantly played by Adam Baldwin (Firefly), Katie Finneran (Wonderfalls), and Jay Harrington) Rebecca will discover things not only about the most dangerous criminals (mostly seems to be serial killers interspersed with exceptionally grim crimes) but about herself. Also the effects and makeup on this show are amazing and I would argue sometimes are better than CSI's at their best.
    Hopefully fox will reconsider this show, apparently it is already on the chopping block. Maybe without Dancing with the Stars the ratings will improve and we will all get to find out what's really on The Inside.
  • This show rocks!

This is a great new show... like so many other crime shows that will probably not get the audience to stay on tv. PLEASE watch it so it can stay!!
    It has offbeat comedy, and REALLY chilling crimes taking place. CSI is like a cartoon compared to the crimes on THIS show!
  • The Inside is totaly different than other murder shows.

FOX has a certified hit on its hands. The pilot was pretty good, but this last episode was awesome. The talents of Peter Coyote and Nichols is great casting and make this show what it is. The Pre-filer is telling us what is to come in this series, and will get better. Remember it is only on episode 3. Not everyone liked Seinfeld, The Simpsons or The OC after the first 3 episodes.
  • This show IS NOT like CSI and Law & Order. Its much edgier and much more interesting. Disturbing at times, but that's what sets it apart from the other crap. This show is great and very underappreciated!!!!

Like I said in the summary. I think this is one of the best crime dramas there is. CSI and Law & Order have like 100 shows. And they're all the same! This show is edgy, provocative, and slightly disturbing. Which makes it different from the rest, and more interesting. It doesn't feel like your watching "another boring 'ol crime drama" when you watch it. I highly suggest watching this show, and pray that FOX doesn't cancel it.
  • I loved the last episode! 'Episode 3 The Pre-Filer'

The last episode was great! I loved the plot and all that. Very good. I liked the thought of a serial killer who kills serial killers before they can kill, heh. Its also fun to say, hehe. I just wish someone knew who the actor is who played The Pre-Filer.
  • Bring it back! I love it!

Why they stop this show? I like it. Some of the cases were really brutal, but the view point was really interesting and unique. I love the characters everybody with his own problems and secrets. And it was really cruel the way they leave it. We didn't understand what really happened with Rebecca and with Paul, we didn't understand almost anything about Mel and Danny, and Web was really intriguing for me. I think that we deserve at least an explanation. And a good end. This was nothing. They just drop it in the middle of the nothingness. I want more.
  • Inside the Thriller!

Watching "The Inside" is like watching a short major motion picture thriller every week. Episodes remind me of hits like "Silence of the Lambs","Taking Lives", "Saw", James Patterson's "Kiss the Girls" and "Along Came a Spider" - to name just a few. If you want your blood pumping and to be sitting at the edge of your seat wondering what's going to happen next - this is the show for you!

Sure some of the cases are really out of the box - but that's the genius in the writing. Plus, they've neatly explained why they only handle the craziest cases - their boss (played brilliantly by Peter Coyote) picks only the most "interesting" cases. Think what you want, but it's more plausible than an author running into a murder every where she goes, a la "Murder She Wrote" or a medical examiner running around the city solving crimes, a la "Crossing Jordan".

So enjoy the Thrill why you can.

More thoughts...
    Too bad FOX couldn't figure out how to successfully use this show. Lead in shows like Pamela Anderson's "Stacked" and "So You Think You Can Dance" are just stupid decisions. I'm sure if you began the 8 o'clock hour with "The Inside", "Stacked" and "So You Think You Can Dance" would've lost viewers too. They're just not compatible.
  • Such a good show... I want it back!!

I still don't know why they cancelled it... This was a very good show and it deserved a second chance.
    I watch a lot of shows, but only a few I consider really good and my favorites too. This was one of them.
    Some people say it was a little "dark", but I liked it this way.
    I loved the characters and I think the cases were pretty good.
    This wasn't all dark, we got our funny moments once is a while, specially with Danny and Melody.
    There might be people there that don't share my opinion, but I always thought that Rebecca and Paul could've been a cute couple. Too bad he was married and almost had a child.
    Such a good show... They should've given it another chance...
  • The Inside best show of the summer! Reality T.V. is so over rated.

This show is amazing, so I\'m sure Fox will cancel it soon. Everyone should watch it while they can. The writting is superb Tim Minear, Jane,David Fury. What more could you ask for oh I know. A cast that is enchanting, well rounded and just plain fantastic. The things Adam Baldwin can get across without saying a word!! Its gritty, not for those with a week stomache. I love this show!
  • STUNNING television!

Absoulutely tremendous TV that FOX put on at the worst time: THE SUMMER! But hey, Seinfeld began in the summer and wasn't renewed right away either. Maybe enough cult following can bring this genius show back to TV, IN THE FALL, where it belongs!!!

It was so clever and so suspenseful, sort of an X-Files meets 24 type show. Very good.
  • Why is FOX still allowed to show any decent shows...?

I can't believe it...
    Yet another great show on fox that got canceled prematurely. In my opinion that channel is the worst that can happen to any decent show besides that reality crap it's so eager to pollute the air waves with. But somehow most of the shows that I want to watch end up on that channel (and of course get canceled): Firefly (!), arrested development (at least we got three seasons), kitchen confidential (only 4 episodes?! WTH?!), the inside... I really really REHEHEARLY hope that the producers of great shows consider other channels first before selling their creations to FOX... In the future i'll write that channel name with four letters...
< 1 2 3