The Insider Forums

Thursday 7:00 PM on In Season

11/28/06 re: Micheal Richards and Monique

richnorm007

[1]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 1

I don't know why Insider thought that it was okay to put Monique on the show tonight to talk about what she did. There are many other people that they could talk to, but they won't. Micheal Richards came out immediately and said that he had a problem, he has appologized many times, Jesse Jackson has spoken with him and they both are to the agreement that what he said was wrong. Let's not beat a dead horse folks. I KNOW that what he said was wrong, but I don't see any difference in anyone calling someone a racial slur, not just white vs. black, but it goes black vs. black too. You hear blacks using the "n" word in their everyday vocabulary, but no one does anything about it. You hear blacks call whites "Kracker" but its all okay because they went through 250 years of oppression. Two wrongs don't make a right. Lets get off the Micheal Richards case, and fight racism all together. As far as the bit goes with Monique, that was the wrong way to say that someone was wrong. Shes up there for a sob-story, and you know what, no one cares how it affected you- it affected everyone. I was a long time fan of his, still am, but see that not everyones perfect. Lets let go of this problem and fight it as a whole. The next time you hear anybody use a racial slur, no matter how it is used, friendly or negatively, I want you to tell them that what they are saying is not acceptable, and you want an attitude change. Sorry for the cheesiness, but you gotta do it that way.

If anyone knows how to get this to The Insider, that would be great, cause I really intended this to be to them, but did not know how to get it to them.

Thanks for letting me rambel,
                        God Bless,
                                  richnorm007

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Delcion

[2]Nov 29, 2006
    I agree with what this person wrote. It seems odd to me how when ever anyone says anything about African Americans its a sudden up-roaring in the news and the subject gets pounded and whipped to death like a horse. Since the incident happened all ive heard is how Richards said this and Richards said that but ive only heard the fact that the two guys he was yelling at had been heckling him the entire time. Im not saying what he did was right but I do understand his frustration. The man apologised twice already and i think everyone needs to take a chill pill and shut the f*ck up... 

myspaceace

[3]Jan 20, 2008
    What a load of CRAP!! That a-hole only admitted his 'problem' AFTER he came under fire and despite the rational in your little world we SHOULD speak out against the bigots of this world most notably people like you. And since you desire 'free speech' so damn much how would like it if I said ALL white males are sick,evil,vile,and depraved serial killer wannabes like Bundy,Gacy,Desavlo,Bianchi,Dahmer,Ridgeway,the BTK, and etc.. And if a white male walks into an esatblishment looking 'suspicious' shoot hime first because he's going to shoot everyone or his kids might and that ALL white females are crackhead hoes who just like to sleep around,drink,have DUIs,sleaze their way through life,marry old farts for money,are gold-diggers,are sluts and are bad moms who get away with killing their kids so don't have kids with them. As for the term 'cracker' was it ever used right before a white person was lynched?!! So yeah I guess that whole 'oppression' thing trumps your bulls$$t and gosh,golly,gee can't IMAGINE where black people got the idea to be racist from or call people hateful names where must we have picked THAT up from certainly not the hypocrites of America.

myspaceace

[4]Jan 20, 2008
    As for the heckling that is NO excuse his act probably SUCKED and if that prick can't take hecking he needs to get off the damn stage which he probably shouldn't have been in the first place. And I wonder if you would want everyone to take a 'chill pill' if YOU were the racial target so why don't you shut the F-up!!