The Jack Benny Program

Lucille Ball Show

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Oct 02, 1964 on CBS

• Authentic classic television.

I was in gradeschool in the late 70\'s and my mother was a big fan of the old classic tv shows that used to air on our local public access station (boy do I miss that!).
    Of course, being a kid, we didn\'t appreciate that kind of stuff. That is until I happened to be home sick from school and laid on the family room sofa as my mother watched her classics.
    The first one to air that day was this episode of the Jack Benny show.
    I have to tell you, in that one day I learned more about what real good television was about.
    Lucille Ball pays a visit to the program and the hijinx that ensue between she and Benny....they were hilarious separately, but get two super comedians like this together and it\'s almost mystical...and of course HILARIOUS!
    I laughed that day from beginning to end and still to this day that is the single episode of any television show that stands out in my mind.
    Too bad television execs, the public and those who hold the rights to these shows don\'t continue to air them. It\'s a shame to lose television at it\'s best, and this episode is ranked right at the top.
    If you ever have a chance to see or order this program on audio/visual medium, do it IMMEDIATELY!
    If you\'re old enough, it\'ll be a great remembrance... and if you\'re young, you just might be one of tomorrows tv execs who will make it possible for supreme programming such as this have it\'s day in the sun once again.
    P.S. I\'ve seen the rating of 10 given to so much bad tv on here that this episode should have a rating in the triple digits by comparison, but alas, 10 is the most they will allow me to give.