The Jane Show Forums

Global (ended 2007)

Epsiode: Strictly Jane

maxpower144

[1]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 60

This episode had an encore appearance last night after Rock Star: Supernova.  One difference is that Global did not squash the credits and we were able to read them properly.  Too bad I did not record the credits as I could have filled in some holes in the guide.

This was another good episode, the show is getting better all the time.  I laughed pretty hard when Susan referred to the colon cancer 10k run as the "Dash for Ass".

Anyone else like this episode?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pdhiii

[2]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 8

I thought the "Dash For Ass" comment was a bit out of character for Susan. I would have expected her to retitle the event if she ever spoke of it. But now that I'm thinking of how to retitle it everything I come up with has double meanings so...  And the Ipods while running!!! So out of place too. Susan is very talkative and I find it hard to believe she would settle for just being with Jamie while running.

Still, I love these repeats on Mondays. I'm not into ctv's current monday schedule one bit. And yes, I too did not record the credits. My mpeg was complete and I didn't want to go back and reedit it. I didn't even think of filling in the credits info here until late last night. Then I realised I ought to have recorded it. Hindsight!

Any word on more Monday night episodes? If Global keeps showing the most recent on Thursday and then the following Monday they will split ratings. If they want to test the two nights that works. If they are filling a hole in programming why not mix it up and air a different episode on Monday.

And why can't I add info for 'entire series' crew? I have to add them to each episode and that is so tedious. And you have a few people twice (ie they have two entries in the person database, for different episodes). Look into that sometime. I don't think I have access to consolidate the info.

pdhiii

[3]Aug 8, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/08/2006 6:52pm

janewalton

[4]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think the theory of showing the show on two nights is more about raising the series' profile than ratings. I know that idea may seem contradictory. To us, it's wonderful because it's like a thirty minute ad for the show. Considering that Global has officially picked up the show for another season, and the summer months are a bit of a ratings graveyard (except, apparently for Canadian Idol), they are more concerned with increasing awareness, and hopefully we'll come back with a bang in January with far more potential viewers who actually know when the show is on and what it's about.
    I have no idea how to add info on this site. It took me a while to figure how to post! I think the last three episodes are three of our best, so I'll be curious to read some feedback. Always, thanks for watching and thinking about the show.

maxpower144

[5]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 60
    pdhiii wrote:
    Look into that sometime. I don't think I have access to consolidate the info.

Unfortunately I cannot do any better on my end. Currently, we cannot add crew on a series level and then just click them into episodes. We can only do this with "stars" at the moment. Curiously, there are some Directors and Writers available to you in the "add crew" section. (But not all) My understanding is that these are writers and directors that were on this series when the site was tvtome.com. That part of the old site carried over. But not with the new site it is suppose to be automatic... but it is not working properly.

I am looking forward to enjoying the last three episodes.

pdhiii

[6]Aug 9, 2006

I guess I really should have added the crew for the pilot way back when... I would have received more points with tv.com and I could have remained editor. But until you came along and the revial of the show I was 100% locked out. I tried adding info for a few other older shows I have on dvd and whomever is in control has locked the crew for those shows and they are nearly empty of info. Silly system