The Jane Show Forums

Global (ended 2007)

Season 1 Finale

maxpower144

[1]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 60

This was a good way to end off this season.  It was a great episode, with lots of laughs.  I like the part where Carey was going to use his raise to "get a houseboy". 

When do they start to film season 2?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pdhiii

[2]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 8

Carey, houseboy, switching teams. Did I miss something throughout the season? I thought he has a thing for Stella. Maybe houseboy isn't what I think.

And the scene with Nick's truck was in anther episode!!! Maybe there is some editing to it this time around but a different lead-in (the book, an homage to the pilot?) doesn't change the scene that much.

Even with not liking him before this episode I was wanting Nick to kiss Jane...  bolocks for the English gentlemanly manners that have him walk away. But I guess they need to save something for next season. I love this so much that twice now I have watched TJS instead of the second half of tonight's episode of CSI, an episode which I didn't see the first time around.

I think the crew member, JaneWalton, posted something about 'coming back in January' in another topic.

The Smallville premiere had the line 'I'll let you known in 5 years' and now The Jane Show season finale has the phrase 'my 5 year plan.'   I need to see Jane's 5 year plan! Would that be 10 seasons? Season one was a timeline of six months.

janewalton

[3]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    You guys are hilarious. There was nothing homo-erotic in the house boy thing (if that's what you're implying!). He just thought that with a little extra cash he could hire his own servant. I think the truck scene with Nick and his neighbour was in the twenty minute promo (in its entirety) that aired before the season opener. We've had various emails from viewers swearing they'd seen a particular scene before. They did! Not just in an episode. The kiss. Not that's a story.
    What would you say if I told you we actually shot the scene with a kiss (it's clearly marked in the original script), and certain powers demanded that it should be cut? Working in television can be quite a trip. For what it's worth, those who have seen both versions are split down the middle in preference. Suffice to say, you learn to pick your battles. If we get a DVD release, maybe they'll let us stick the "kiss" on as a bonus feature. Lord willing, production should start in about seven weeks with the hope that the network will start airing new episodes in mid-January. That's the HOPE! Again, thanks for your loyalty. It means a lot. I should also do a plug for the guy who wrote the theme song, Steve Eggers. His band "The Nines" have a new cd out called "Calling Distant Stations", that you can get through cdbaby.com. It's a lovely little pop record (you can listen to samples on the web site).

pdhiii

[4]Aug 25, 2006

I've heard houseboy mean a few very different things so... I guess the wrong one was the first to pop up in my head. But what happened to Butler or that other more dignified title I just can't recall right now. They tend to be less ambiguous than houseboy.

And the truck scene... I guess my confussion is a result of watching the episodes based on randomness, mixing up details, and then carelessly posting. Sorry.

Aaaaah... the kiss as a deleted scene    Another hint that maybe sometime at a future date there will be an official release on dvd. Yea!!!  I hope that The Powers That Be release it after season 2 starts, as an 'alternate story line' or something like that. That would be my prefered way to see it since it was cut from the episode.

Anyone think that if some new shows on the fall schedule crash and burn that TJS might be a replacement/filler?  Maybe on CH which has more 30 minute shows in its schedule. I guess I'm just wondering if it will be on at all before season 2 or was last night the last we'll see of Jane, Susan, Carey, Nick, & Friends for a few months.

maxpower144

[5]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 60
    I did think that all "houseboy" meant a man servant type of thing. I just thought it was a eccentric way to spend a little disposable income.

This is a great show. I await its return, and the return of something even greater.

As for Jane and Nick Walton's kiss -- "The Office" spent two seasons saying "will they or won't they" and now they have broken the cherry on that thing. "The Jane Show" should probably take the same route in my opinion.

pdhiii

[6]Mar 13, 2007
    Five months later i come back to the kiss.  Well they didn't copy The Office. Yeah!!! For anyone who hasn't yet seen what happened, it was very unique. Enjoying season two and the return of my internet connexion too.