The Jane Show Forums

Global (ended 2007)

Season 3

maxpower144

[1]May 3, 2007
    • level: 60

Will there be a Season 3? 

I am willing to bet that the producers are willing to go another season.  The question si more along the line of whether Global wants to air another season of The Jane Show.

The show did pick up some steam towards the end of Season 2.  Is that enough?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pdhiii

[2]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 8

Well i'll see your 3rd season on Global and raise you the ratings for Corus airing the old eps on W. Anyone know how TJS did there? I didn't get W so i never watched it.

I'd love to see a third season of The Jane Show but after a second season that didn't pick up in the ratings as CanWest was likely looking for it doesn't look so good for us fans. Very few shows did i absolutely schedule my life around and The Jane Show was one of the four in this century to get me that hooked.

And if anyone has season 1, my copy of i think ep 3 got damaged (stupid dvd storage of precious materials). A little help would be nice. It might be ep 4. Not really sure right now. Too late at night for big thoughts ;-)

janewalton

[3]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    I might be able to get you a copy of the episode if you're willing to stop by the production office. I might even throw in a "Jane Show" travel mug to thank you for your support. Yes, the show was cancelled, and I have no idea how it's doing on "W".

pdhiii

[4]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 8

Thank you for the offer of a free mug and an invitation to the production office but I moved to Alberta this summer and had lived in Northern Ontario before that so i was never really ever in the neighbourhood to drop by. But o how i would love a decent mug for at work! I had recorded everything and stored the first season on dvds until i got an external hard drive and when i copied the files back over i lost the third episode (4th if you count the original pilot as # 1).

I have noticed that the original Iggy has gotten himself into the film industry. Yeah, i'm talking about the wonderfully hilarious movie with Heather Graham and a delicious David Sutcliffe (Christopher, Gilmore girls) that is so appropriately titled CAKE.

Too bad about The Jane Show being cancelled. I'm going to miss Jane's adventures and lessons. Irony of all, now that TJS has been cancelled i have a job much more similar to Jane's job than i had before moving and i too met an old friendwhen i got here. Life imitating art

Every show that i loved from last season either ended or was shockingly cancelled. It has been a tragic time for me and my tv. As a result i haven't been here too frequently.

ibaa5678

[5]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    I take it that's it for the Jane Show. Too bad...I have been away from TV for 2 years and started up again last fall. We are absolutely addicted to the reruns on this refreshing show(seen on W). It's great to see a show that wasn't based on some other previous sitcom, but instead, provided an incredibly humorous view of Jane's office and personal relationships. The character mix for the show makes for a very entertaining sitcom. Once we have gone through the W reruns, it will be very disappointing to not have this show to look forward to. Shame on Global for pulling the plug.