The Jay Leno Show Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Jay Leno Moving Back To 11:30 PM?

thefanof

[1]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 102

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/07/tmz-jay-leno-moving-back-to-1130pm/37993

Interesting.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rebel-Man

[2]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 16
    NBC maybe starting to get their head back in the game at last

EJamison

[3]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 17
    I suppose if Jay has a shorter show he can drop lame bits like that green car challenge. I also usually dislike "10 at 10", and "Earn your plug". And I don't like that guy who goes around with a guitar singing jingles.

thefanof

[4]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 102
    EJamison wrote:
    I suppose if Jay has a shorter show he can drop lame bits like that green car challenge. I also usually dislike "10 at 10", and "Earn your plug". And I don't like that guy who goes around with a guitar singing jingles.

10 at 10 is usually stupid because it's almost always similar questions to the regular sit-down interviews. Jay asked a few daring questions the first week, but nothing since then.

I think a half hour is the best thing for the show. Personally, I'd do:

11:35 - 11:42: Monologue
    Commercial Break
    11:45 - 11:52: Interview
    Commercial Break
    11:56-12:03: Headlines, Jaywalking, Correspondent Sketch etc.

This would be much faster and I think would give Conan O'Brien a good lead-in.

Psalms118_24

[5]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    Hi! I have heard he's staying at 10pm-11pm & also at 11:30pm-12:00am. I have heard so many things though! Not sure if that is true! lol

bowling255

[6]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 66

It's official he is moving back to 11:35

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/10/gaspin-confirms-leno-exiting-prime-time/38260?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Antique22

[7]Jan 10, 2010

I heard about this rumor and to me what it seems to me is that NBC wants to give Jay Leno more time in the spotlight and what NBC should do and this should work and it should be a very bright idea is shorten The Jay Leno Show to a better 30 minute format and the first half hour would be celebrity interviews and musical acts and the last few minutes of The Jay Leno would be the Green Car Challenge and news of the week and believe me NBC would have a WONDERFUL hit on their hands. Or better yet a GREAT smash hit,

Tiki

Frisco41

[8]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 1

thefanof wrote:
    EJamison wrote:
    10 at 10 is usually stupid because it's almost always similar questions to the regular sit-down interviews. Jay asked a few daring questions the first week, but nothing since then. I think a half hour is the best thing for the show. Personally, I'd do: 11:35 - 11:42: Monologue Commercial Break 11:45 - 11:52: Interview Commercial Break 11:56-12:03: Headlines, Jaywalking, Correspondent Sketch etc. This would be much faster and I think would give Conan O'Brien a good lead-in.

I aggree with the statement above with the exception of making the show only 30 minutes long. I like the original one hour format that was used up until the time slot was given to Conan O'Brien.

I watched the first week of Conan. It was terrible and have not and will not watch any longer. I don't see how he ever got a show at all. If he wants to go to Fox, so be it.

Rebel-Man

[9]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 16
    NBC got scared in 2004 to loose him when his contract is up and practically got Jay to "retire" 5 years in advance to make Conan happy with the Tonight Show. That's what started all this. It's all NBC.

marvelfan89

[10]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 39
    There's a lot of factors to take into account here. It also has to do with NBC's unwillingness to back up and cancel so many shows especially during their 10pm slots. Too many good shows to list. They've turned into FOX like someone said in another thread. Had they taken a couple of their canceled new shows under their wing, they wouldn't be complaining about ratings and such. Sad thing is I doubt they'll learn much from this. I like Jay and parts of the show are funny but his show was clearly a temporary remedy for a much bigger problem.

Psalms118_24

[11]Jan 18, 2010

Now that Conan O'Brein is going to leave NBC (I am glad!!!); does this mean that Jay Leno will be an hour instead of 1/2 hour like they first said? Does anyone know when the change is? The news & internet is getting a lot of this! lol

http://lovetocrossstitch.yuku.com/

marvelfan89

[12]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 39
    The deal isn't finalized so no word yet. Plus word is if Conan leaves, he can't take intellectual property rights from the show, so he'll probably have to come up with new stuff although that probably won't hurt him much. I wouldn't be surprised if Leno gets an hour that would seem like the logical thing to do.