Cast Changes

rhezekim

[1]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think they ruined the show in season 2. It made no sense and the show never gave an explanation. At the end of season 1 Karen has a baby girl. Beginning of season 2 it's a new Karen, I like the original better obviously, then the baby is like four years old and a boy instead of a girl. Matt didn't age as much as his baby brother/sister and I notice a lot of shows are starting this trend of one month it's a baby and next month the baby is like three years old, look at Kyle on According to Jim. I really enjoyed this show and it's on re-runs on Nick at Nite, it's just to bad the show didn't try hard enough to stay with the first season, way too many cast changes for season 2. Also, didn't it change networks from NBC to ABC? I love Jeff Foxworthy as a comic and this show had some promise but somebody ruined it, I also find it odd that season 2 had higher ratings than season 1 which definately had a better cast including Jay Mohr's addition as Jeff's brother.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CobraSVT32

[2]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    yea I always liked season 1 a lot better because of the first karen. I'm not sure why they changed but I'm sure she didn't want to do it anymore or money. It's like Fresh Prince when they changed moms and they didn't even get someone that looked something like the other one.

ACNutz13

[3]Mar 10, 2006
    • level: 16
    I liked it a lot better when it was on ABC (first season). The cast was stronger and it seemed like everyone was a little bit more comfortable with their acting. I think NBC ran it into the ground. ABC made a bad choice cancelling it and NBC made an even worse choice not giving the show a chance to succeed.

lit1586

[4]Apr 10, 2006
    • level: 11
    I don't understand why they got rid of the first wife! The second wife sucked. I was so angry when I was watching nick at night reruns and all of a sudden the show was totally different out of now where.

CreepshowFan

[5]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 7
    In my opinion, the good cast changes of Season 2 were G.W. Bailey as Jeff's dad, Jim Foxworthy, the always funny Bill Engvall as the not very bright Bill Pelton, and Neil Giuntoli as Florus Workman, you have to agree, at least these changes were good, because these guys were funny as hell