The Jerry Springer Show Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on In Season

Steve as a Host

simpsonzfreak13

[1]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 17

If something ever happened to Jerry like retirement or sickness, would you still watch the show if Steve became host? It probably wouldn't be the same without Jerry there but the shows Steve has hosted, I thought he did a pretty good job. Plus, he can still break up fights.

What do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SAMMIEJOE2006

[2]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think he would be awesome...he has done a good job... He will kick someone's ass. Like the guy today was cheating on his wife, and Steve was about to take him down.....lol

Lokar

[3]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    I've seen him guest-host a few times, but I still like Jerry better. If Jerry had to leave, I would prefer watching somebody else entirely.

FeralDeath

[4]Sep 28, 2006
    • level: 13
    I definitely agree with you. Jerry just adds that special spark that makes the show so entertaining while I find Steve to be a bit too serious and to the point. If Steve hosted full time, I would hope he could bring the same humour to the show that Jerry does each episode.

Irris

[6]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think Steve takes things too seriously.  The humor of the show is what adds to its appeal so he needs to lighten up & take a chill pill whenever he does host the show.

cherokeelady42

[7]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 26
    simpsonzfreak13 wrote:

If something ever happened to Jerry like retirement or sickness, would you still watch the show if Steve became host? It probably wouldn't be the same without Jerry there but the shows Steve has hosted, I thought he did a pretty good job. Plus, he can still break up fights.

What do you think?

[QUOTE="cherokeelady42"]I think Steve would make a very good replacement if something happen to Jerry.[QUOTE]

catt9

[8]Mar 13, 2007

As a host, Steve really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is NOT a social worker, he's rude, bossy and he just has to be right all the time. I do like the man, but, he is NOT host material. Steve wants to force his ideas down everyone's throat -----  not host like at all ---- and not once does he ever listen to the guests.

The show should not be about Steve getting a forum to espouse his ideas.  I love JS for the entertainment, yet, Steve has taken this to be his own personal stage which in turn makes the show really horrible and no longer entertainment!!

If he wants to be a counselor ------------------------  go back to school, get a degree and move into therapy!!  YOU ARE NOT impressing us on JS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  At least NOT for me and mine as well as a bunch of my friends who watch here in TX!!

Having been a cop makes you qualified for.................................  ONLY BEING A COP!!!!!!!

Mad_Buck

[9]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 79
    catt9 wrote:

As a host, Steve really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is NOT a social worker, he's rude, bossy and he just has to be right all the time. I do like the man, but, he is NOT host material. Steve wants to force his ideas down everyone's throat -----  not host like at all ---- and not once does he ever listen to the guests.

The show should not be about Steve getting a forum to espouse his ideas.  I love JS for the entertainment, yet, Steve has taken this to be his own personal stage which in turn makes the show really horrible and no longer entertainment!!

If he wants to be a counselor ------------------------  go back to school, get a degree and move into therapy!!  YOU ARE NOT impressing us on JS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  At least NOT for me and mine as well as a bunch of my friends who watch here in TX!!

Having been a cop makes you qualified for.................................  ONLY BEING A COP!!!!!!!

I think you need to lighten up.  It's only a talk show.

alanofmacon

[10]Jul 8, 2007

Steve is nice as a bouncer but not as a host! He does not cut it AT ALL!

Forget that Reverend drunk. He is an insult to anyone's intelligence!!! Why make people mad at JERRY over this dumb loser!

And let your OPRAH go eat a tub of chitterlings....she is just another hanger on!

I have watched Jerry Spinger faithfully for years and have always enjoyed his whitty, speedy, clever personality! He has had the ratings.....why spoil a good thing with adding these rediculous no talented people!

LEAVE JERRY THE STAR!!! Drop all the others!!!!!

Alan Walden

Macon, Georgia

alanofmacon

[11]Jul 8, 2007

Steve is nice as a bouncer but not as a host! He does not cut it AT ALL!

Forget that Reverend drunk. He is an insult to anyone's intelligence!!! Why make people mad at JERRY over this dumb loser!

And let your OPRAH go eat a tub of chitterlings....she is just another hanger on!

I have watched Jerry Spinger faithfully for years and have always enjoyed his whitty, speedy, clever personality! He has had the ratings.....why spoil a good thing with adding these rediculous no talented people!

LEAVE JERRY THE STAR!!! Drop all the others!!!!!

Alan Walden

Macon, Georgia