The Jerry Springer Show

Weekdays 11:00 AM on Premiered Sep 30, 1991 In Season

The Jerry Springer Show Fan Reviews (103)

6.2
  • Most people who are offended by this show would be willing to sign a petition, stating that it needs to be put off the air. I don't know why this crap is back on the air! That's right, people! You heard me right! It's BACK!

0.0
    Why is this show back on the air? Jerry doesn't care about these people's problems. He's just there to air these poor people's dirty laundry and watch these people make a complete ***es of themselves. I would ashamed to be a guest of this show, because the episode(s) I would be on would be recorded for future generations to come. Nowadays people could either get a video tape or DVD of the episode(s) and find that someone they knew made a complete *** of him/herself. I mean, I wouldn't be a guest on this show even if they paid me a million dollars. Honestly, it's not worth it, people, especially when you're finding a job and your boss happens to watch some episodes of Jerry Springer. There are good talk-shows out there where they can conceal your identity and not allow you to be humiliated. All you have to do is stop watching this crap and find them.

• This show is garbage. Actually, I want to use a much stronger word, but I can't.

0.0
    Jerry Springer is bogus jerk who should be locked up in jail and they should throw away the key. This man is a piece of garbage, a sleazeball, a schister and everything else in between. He is also a left-wing, Bush-hating megalomaniac who should never have been a dogcatcher, much less the mayor of Cincinnati. How can people be so stupid? This guy is trashier than any landfill and ought to be buried underneath all of the filth that he has put out in his lifetime.
  • Springer's show is the bottom of the barrel

0.1
    The only purpose the Springer "show" serves is an object lesson of what NOT to be in life.

Springer exhibits and exploits for high profit some of the saddest people to ever appear on TV. It is hard to beleve that this ultimate example of "TRASH TV" has been running since 1991.

If you find the Springer show objectionable - maybe you should read Bernard Goldberg's book "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America"

• White trash television is given a really bad reputation!!!

0.1
    This talk show was a total complete waste of time. Whoever was a complete moron enough to become a guest on this rotten show just came on the show to air their dirty laundry on public television and get greatly humiliated. The show had every crazy thing on the planet. Tranvestites telling their lovers or their significant others that they really aren't the opposite sex, mother and daughters both fighting over the same man, family members being involved with eachother romantically, and any other weird or bizarre scenario that you could possibly come up with was no doubt probably on the jerry springer show. I watched it because i wanted to see what kind of nuts would want to come on the show. This show is totally degrading and i am glad that it is finally off of the air.
  • I used to watch it to make me feel better about myself watching these people.

0.1
    I now just feel sad for Jerry and these people, enough is enough, you made money now it\'s just lame, go do something else, and hopefully it won\'t be trying to run for govenor of our state, we don\'t want to be like Culiforna (Arnold Speak)or Minnesota with Jesse Ventura. Oh well it was a good show and the movie was funny but it\'s over.
  • This is the most offensive, stupid, pointless, annoying, appalling,-- you know what any critizing word there is in a dictionary would describe this show. Don't even bother watching because the first 1 minute of this, I guarantee you, you won't like

0.1
    The first time I watched this show, I just didn\'t like it. The show shows pointless violence and they force the guest people to fight with each other. Then there\'s the big, bulky people who stop the guests from killing each other. What the heck is the point?! What bothers me a lot are their problems. I mean do they really need to broadcast their problems that about 0.01% of the people would actually care about?

The audiences that appear in the show needs to get a life because they waste their time calling the toll free line for free tickets. They probably do that because they have no jobs and they can\'t do anything valuable in their lives.The women just want to be on T.V. and show off their boobs and the men just wants to look at it.

This show justs makes me smash the creator\'s head to a T.V. and say \'Get a life!\'
  • Ever watched the movie groundhog day??

0.1
    Well, if you have ever watched the movie, Groundhog Day, (The one where Bill Murray wakes up and it is the same exact day all over again) then you pretty much must have a feel for what it must be like for Jerry Springer. All of the shows are the same. It is filthy and unoriginal. I would be ashamed to be in the audience let alone be on the stage. Do yourself a favor, change the channel or take up a hobby!
  • For the longest time, this has been one of the most ridiculous shows on TV!!!

0.5
    The percentage point I gave it was for Jerry's wise words at the end of each show--which I don't even hear anymore, because I don't watch this ridiculous program (not often, anyway) as well as for a time long ago when it was actually having shows that were worth its use of airspace.

It seems to me that I can remember a time when Jerry reached out to morbidly-obese people in a kind and non-judgmental way to try to help them to lose weight. And I also seem to recall a show where he actually was able to add a mix to his show that ended up making a family of KKK members decide to shed their white, hooded robes and the prejudices those robes represented.

NO MORE!!!

Instead, it's a show that promotes animosity and free-for-alls while a crowd that seems to consist of the people of The Roman Empire reincarnated and still in their same bad karma cheers them on by repeatedly chanting the first name of the host and acting like a bunch of Nazis and/or fanatical Sadaam Hussein fans in their body-language.

Perhaps, I should have raised my rating for their ability to do a kind of "reality" sort of slapstick.

Since it doesn't seem as if the people on the show are really being hurt and might be exaggerating their angry ways, I might decide to raise the rating level a little--especially, when I'm going to be complaining about one of my favorite shows that has jumped the shark a mile high for how it has gone from being a totally-helpful show to one that seems to be boring and meanspirited.

Oh yes! That's another thing wrong with Jerry's little three-ring circus: Nothing new! Just the same old, same old tired plots that have only been slightly changed for each episode...

It's not that this is the worst talk-show on the air. It's just that I think I can find something better (more intelligent/constructive/meaningful)to do with my time--such as photographing poo-poo that has been placed on decorative paper plates!

• Jerry Springer is a garbage show, and should've stopped making episodes after the first season.

0.5
    Wow, where do I start? This show is complete garbage. I for one am glad that it is not syndicated in my area, nor do I think it has in a long time. I have seen an episode when I was visiting some family. I can't believe that people watch this show!

The only (and I mean only) reason that I gave this show any sort of rating is because I have come across a video in my collection of a decent Jerry Springer episode. I believe that the episode was from the first season. In the episode there was all 6, 7, and 8 year olds in the audience and Jerry was interviewing them.

Winding this up, I'd never watch this show now if someone paid me $1,000,000. This shows how low television has sunk these days.
  • The Twisted Ringmaster

0.7
    The twisted Ringmaster, that's the title for this dude. Jerry Springer has no scruples and pretends to care. He's only a rich version of people who make bets on watching rooster or pit bull fights. He brings on the clowns and struts around like a perverted circus ringleader. Puke. I don't get off on other people's pain and stupidity.
  • The Jerry Springer Show

I watch The Jerry Springer Show Every consider it MULCH for my BRAIN.
  • The Jersy Shore show of the 1990s, only trashier

I cant belive anyone could look at this show and say they have pride watching this. This.. this... show gives talk shows a bad name and all it does is put people in misery in the end. I also heard on wikipedia it was one of the worst shows of all time so it baffles me how it`s so popular and has been running this long.
  • WARNING: Avoid this show at all cost!

This is absolutely the worst show I have ever seen in my entire life. It is completely and utterly horrid. I seriously have a deep hatred to this show, all that scumbag Jerry springer does is bringing in those poor idiotic losers who are sitting there being humiliated on national TV. They don't know what's best for themselves whatsoever, and this idiot completely takes advantage of them to lift big ratings? Give me a freaking break! This show is nothing but a journey to hell. Jerry is just stupid and a bogus jerk who should be locked up in jail and they should throw away the key. This man is a piece of garbage, a sleazeball, a schister and everything else in between. He is also a left-wing, Bush-hating megalomaniac who should never have been a dogcatcher, much less the mayor of Cincinnati. How can people be so stupid?
  • Jerry is awesome: his show sucks.

I'd rather sleep with those damn Crappy Fappers and listen to that crappy jingle 24/7: his show isn't worth tormenting myself to watch. All we get TO watch on that show are turds fighting over their marriage. He only makes it worse for these maniacs, and the sound effects that play aren't helping, nor are they funny. Do these guys really fight, or are they paid actors hired to be on the show? 'Cause if they are, I feel sorry for the sap who thinks fighting it out on TV after seeing these twits do it will solve their marriage problem.

I was praying for this show to end its horrible reign of terror, but it seems it's still trying to squeeze out the Springer sponge. What do they want, a spin off?
  • Can somebody explain to me why this is still on? This show deserves to get canceled and should have been years ago.

Many genres of TV have shows that are at the bottom of the barrel, and this show is definitely at the bottom of the barrel for talk shows. The Jerry Springer Show is about couples going onto a show and talk about their troubled marriage or unwanted pregnancies. Jerry is by far the worst consultant for people ever. He constantly badgers the people on this show and make them feel even worse. The audience is no better and urge the guests to fight for their own amusement, they don't care at all about how hurt a person is, they just want a fight. They even add special effects for when a fight is about to happen. I also hate how this show has to constantly use foul language. I am not against it at all, but when 95% of the show's dialogue is curse words then it really ruins it. The show constantly also uses that little beeping sound for a bad word, but with how many bad words this show has, it might as well be not used at all. I am surprised the machine hasn't broke yet from the constant overuse of it. This show is also completely staged, Nothing is real at all, and nobody really acts like this at all. There is no shock to the show and it's so over the top, and not in a good way at all. I just hope Jerry Springer realizes this show's days are done and numbered because nobody is really watching this and are trying to get this show off the air. This is a sing Jerry, stop making this show. It is wretched trash TV that has no value at all. I just also wonder why the head of whatever network this show is now on now has had the heart to stop this show and never allow it to air again. This is shockingly bad and utterly awful and a complete disgrace to TV, and should get canceled or never get made in the first place.
  • The Jerry Springer Show is a show which involves couples fighting because someone was unfaithful to the other. The show is famous for the brawls and disputes.

The show has really no purpose in the world of television. This show is tenstorone pumped because the fights usally involve girls fighting, which obviously arouses male viewers. Also WHO would want to have their relationship exploited on tv. If you need help go to a professional. But apparentlty violence seems to be the only answer. The show follows the same pattern and has no change. Its always the same process, one person comes on and tells about their problem then its 20 min of just spewing swear words and brawling. It essentially adds up to watching 1 hour of street fights on youtube except not as exciting. This also gives the US a bad name. There are other people who hate the Jerry Springer Show and has very good reasons. There are many good Americans who defineatly disagree with this show. Also when it comes to the questions and answers, its not questions, its insults to the person. So there is no reason to come to the Jerry Springer Show to solve your relationship problems, it just makes them worse and people get entertained out of their misery, as well as the couples who are actually step brother and sister or somthing simillar to that. Jerry Springer Show is mindless and is definatly a waste of time. But if you enjoy pointless violence and peoples miserable relations as well as cat fights, then you are welcome to watch it. But if you have common sense then watch somthing else and push yourself to avoid this show.
  • Surely a Sign of the Death of Western Civilization...

The Jerry Springer Show is a complete and utter waste of time. First of all, Jerry Springer himself is a no-talent hack of a TV host. He is salacious, disgusting, exploitative, horrible, horrible, horrible! His show is probably the single most disgusting thing that's ever been broadcast over the airwaves since television was invented - in the entire history of television there has been nothing even approaching how horrifically empty and exploitative than this awful excuse for a TV talk show. The formula is to have people take off their clothes and/or have fistfights with each other and/or scream in redneck arguments over who cheated on who, or who fathered who, or who is the worst-looking conjoined-twin-little-person-stripper. This awful man's show are making our civilization more stupid every single day that he is allowed to be on TV. The real kicker is that he is still on the air after all this time and certain people like to watch him, what does that say about our society? Nothing good.
  • WTH?!

Really dislike everything about this show, the fact that all you watch is drama in these people's lives, these people we don't even know, and laugh about it, actually find it amusing.....and they come on television, and broadcast all these things to the whole entire world...it's just not really making sense to me...and what's so fun about watching people flash the camera, you know they're going to do it, every episode does it, it's no big surprise, it's really no bid deal, people due it to get noticed, but getting noticed in such a way is a horrible way to get noticed..and plus, it's censored on television anyway, so wth?
  • This show is a journey to hell. The hell for very very very very very very very bad bad bad bad TV series. This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Well erase "one of" and the "s" at the end of show. And Just call it the worst

"Jerry Springer" is the popular (unfortunately) syndicated TV series. "Jerry Springer" is a talk show that focuses on Jerry Springer trying to resolve the problems of dysfunctional families. Sounds good for a talk show especially if you have a politician like Jerry Springer hosting it.

"Jerry Springer" is very bad because it's inhuman. Because some of the episodes like "I married a horse" or any other episode are so unrealistic. Jerry is suppose to help families with their problems but, he just worsens the problem. I felt like vomiting because of how inappropriate this is. This deserves a TV MA rating than a TV 14 rating. A matter of fact, this show shouldn't be viewed by anyone. It's too inappropriate for teens 14 and under and too stupid for anyone 18 and over. "Jerry Springer" has nothing good in it. It's a show that deserves a zero but I can't do it in here. I have one thing to say here: I hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated this god awful show. "Jerry Springer" should have gotten cancelled on the first episode. If god was a critic (maybe he is or not), he would strike down anyone associated with this show. "Jerry Springer" is god awful. The worst show ever made. This is an insult to mankind.
  • This is the Worst Show Ever made, Seriously.

My 16th review after "Robot Chicken".

oh my god! NO!!!! NOT THE PAIN!!! NOT THE PAIN, YOW!!!!!!
    This has got to be the worst show ever created of ALL time!!! Only foul-mouths would watch this garbage. The way they fight is sooooo fake! They keep on cursing with beep sounds and it's really annoying. I abousuluoty hate this piece of rotten garabge. This show is Abousuloty gonna get a F--.
    Here the results:

Voice-acting: F--0.5/10.0 Their voices are beyond worthless!

Sound: F-- 0.2/10.0 Beep, beep, beep again, and beep again. Really annoying!!!

Dialouge: F-- 0.0/10.0 Horrbile! They curse every 3 seconds litterlay!

Grapihcs: D-- 4.0/10.0 The only better part in this Appaling show.

Lasting Appeal: F-- 0.0/10.0 What the *beep* Were they thinking when they thought of this foul-mouthed show back in 1991?!?!?

Overall: F-- 1.0/10.0 This show is beyond Appaling!!! I wanted to give a 0.0 but stupid tv.com's system won't let me vote Lower then a 1.0!!!! This show is a million times worst then any other stupid shows, like Barney and friends, Teletubbies, Boohbah, and even Mr. meaty!!! Go watch something else beside this Foul-mouthed garbage!!!
  • One word: Discraseful.

This show is completely and utterly horrid. I can't stand this show, all that scumbag Jerry springer does is bringing in those poor people who are sitting there being humiliated on national TV. They don't know what's best for themselves, and Mr. Springer takes advantage of them to lift ratings! He should be ashamed of himself, and in my opinion he is a national plague. The only reason people watch this is so they and their small minds can sit there and laugh of the "losers" on the show, so that they can feel better about themselves. Petty! NBC, do us all a favor: take this s**t of the air.
  • Jerry Springer's show is just stupid

I don't understand how people can watch Jerry Springer all the time. It's a tasteless, disgusting, moronic show. There's nothing you could possibly learn by watching this show unless you want to learn how to flash body parts so you can get beads. Yeah, that's something the whole world needs to learn. It's a perverted show and it's one of the dumbest shows on the air. I wonder where they get the people that they have on the show? They couldn't pay me enough to act that stupid on TV. What's scary is that some people believe all the things they see on the show and they don't realize it's all a gimmick. I think this is one show people need to stop watching unless you want your brain to rot.
  • OH NO!!! HEAT VIII!!! THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SHOW ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF IGNORANT, CONCEITED, LOW-LIFES, WHO TAKE PLEASURE IN WATCHING PEOPLE BEAT EACH OTHER UP OVER STUPID THINGS!!! HOW LOW CAN YOU GET!!!???

Many people call it a talk show. I tell you this: It is NOT a talk show! It is a fight show! And it is an incredibly stupid and ridicuous one at that! I don\'t really care about Jerry Springer himself, one way or the other. But if I met him in person, I would tell him frankly, that his show sucks. I would not be in it under any circumstances!
  • Biggest load of crap I have ever seen...

This show is nothing but garbage, it should have never been aired. The people that come on this show are sad and pathetic. What kind of normal person would go on a talk show and talk about their personal lives, like that? Someone who was begging for attention is the only person who would. These people are sad excuses for human beings and the audience isn't much better. Why would a girl flash the audience just for some crappy beads that are "Jerry beads", why would you want to brag that you actaully went to this show?!? It's shows like this that really make me wonder what this world is coming to...
  • Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever!

Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever! Nothing much to say about this, except: This show really, really sucks!
    I don\'t understand how anyone can watch this, for first, it all seems like faking.

Oh, please, someone jumps on somebody and audience only screams \"Jerry! Jerry!\". How silly is that? And yet, very stupid.

And something else... it all seems very unprofessional, you can definitely see that half(well, that\'s so softly said) of it isn\'t really true. And I really don\' understand how many episodes of this show were aired? Well, here\'s something. somebody\'s husband has an affair and wife freaks out. And there are, I don\'t know 5 episodes filmed on that in this show. Just, one of them, I don\'t know, is named \"Oh, no, my husband had an affair\", \"Marriage problems\", \"He cheated on me!\"... please...
  • This show just starts a lot junk and pollutes the minds of many people.

This show is pathetic and is just a complete waste of airing time, all its about is people duking out there love/marriage problems out on live TV. What idiots. Don't they know that they're announcing their business on live television, nobody wants to know anybody's love problems (or at least I don't). This is just disgusting. I don't see how Jerry Springer is making money on this trash, I just don't see how he is. He probbably just made this show to ruin people's lives by making their love problems even worse than they already are. TV, do us a favor and just cancel this show! Cancel it and never show it again!
  • NOT WORTHY OF WORDS!

I know there is a market for tawdry trash, or else this show would've never survived. But, even in the world of trash, this show doesn't even rate on the meter. Not because it degrades the human race by its mere existence, but because in spite of that supposed reasoning for being entertaining, it's just not. I stumbled upon this show the other day and it's just boring. I can't belive this is the show they thought would unseat Oprah on the talk show circuit. If Jerry wants to produce trash,he should at the very least try to revolutionize it!
  • I'm ashamed to say I once watched this and found it funny...

The Jerry Springer Show is trash – plain and simple but for a good couple of years this was the ‘It’ thing. Something your parents wouldn’t let you watch. SO you’d sneak over to somebody else’s house to watch it!

Guilty Pleasure of a pre-teen – I watched it simply because I was told not to. However the novelty of swearing and cat fights soon wore off and I got bored with it. (After all – That’s what the show was about – showing up the depravity of society by making light of it so we can be entertained by tasteless jokes.)

I remember rapt discussions at school with all my schoolmates about Jerry and the outrageous stunts we watched. Eventually I grew up and realized that it was not right – This was the type of show that later down the road made me ashamed to say I actually watched and enjoyed it.

Thank Goodness I wised up!
  • Simply awful.

"The Jerry Springer Show" is the worst televised program that I have ever watch for as long as I could remember.

Aired around in the late 80's and early 90's, Jerry Springer, the host of the aptly named show, originally focus on more political and common subjects. But for some strange reasons, however, he, along with the crew, decided to "tweak" the show by adding repulsive and controversial taboos, glorifying them and actually allow the violence to go on, much to the audience's joy.

It's a shame that this show keeps going on one season at a time, as its dull, repetitive trademarks could bore almost anyone due to its senseless violence and nonsensical subjects.

Overall, "The Jerry Springer Show" is a waste of time, especially for the intended audiences.
  • Smutty Television Unworthy of Human Consumption

Watching this program is a lot like voeyerism. Its for minds who enjoy watching someone take a crap, while the person on the toilet doesn\'t mind sharing the smell with the audience. Some of it is staged by people paid off to act. It is just the worst television has to offer and a true sign of a deteriorating culture. It\'s far worse than the Gong Show. Mr. Springer should be ashamed of himself.
< 1 2 3 4