The Jerry Springer Show

Weekdays 11:00 AM on Premiered Sep 30, 1991 In Season

The Jerry Springer Show Fan Reviews (103)

6.2
  • This show is the best

I love to see Mother and Daughter fight over a cheating boyfriend. Last episode I saw had a Mother steal the daughter's 19 year old boyfriend only after meeting him for 2 weeks. My favorite springer episode was when they had KKK clan on and this black lady wanted to join it and they told her no, too funny. Jerry show is must at 1:00 when I'm not busy at work.
  • Whenever you get the feeling the quality of society is diminishing, turn on this show for proof.

Whenever you get the feeling the quality of society is diminishing, turn on this show for proof. You'll see not only the dregs of the American populace, but also a dim reflection of yourself, spending your precious waking moments, sitting in front of the TV, watching pure garbage. And loving every minute.

A lifetime of philosophical study could be spent investigating the love-hate relationship we all have with the Jerry Springer show, exploring how it makes us feel better seeing other people so screwed up, while at the same time making us feel worse, because we see little bits and pieces of ourselves in every guest. But like a fine dessert, the Jerry Springer show is not meant to be dissected and examined, but rather enjoyed to the fullest--and maybe regretted afterwards, depending on your tolerance for such brilliant filth.
  • The spoof of all spoofs, The Jerry Springer Show should live as long as any talk show is on air.

Jerry Springer hosts The Jerry Springer Show, the obvious spoof of a cliche' talk show. The show revolves around several actors posing as pathetic lowlifes in a variety of realistic, and some not-so-realistic situations.

This show is so entertaining to watch, considering all the piece of crap talk shows on air now, this one pleases the nihilistic demon in all of us. If you don't like this show, you take life too seriously and think the show is real. O_. This show should live on to send a message and represent talk shows, and to just be flat-out funny!
  • No longer even having shock value, Jerry Springer's show is just a waste of space. Why give TV time to some of these people?

Back in the 1990's, I can see why people might watch this show. It pushed the limits and gave audiences something exciting. One of the ultimate guilty pleasures on TV.

Now I think the act is stale and has degenerated down to just bad taste. I always change the channel whenever I see Springer on.

If you haven't seen it, watch it once because it is mildly interesting to see just how low a show can sink for ratings. After that, you are losing brain cells and should cease watching right away.
  • Jerry Springer is a garbage show, and should've stopped making episodes after the first season.

0.5
    Wow, where do I start? This show is complete garbage. I for one am glad that it is not syndicated in my area, nor do I think it has in a long time. I have seen an episode when I was visiting some family. I can't believe that people watch this show!

The only (and I mean only) reason that I gave this show any sort of rating is because I have come across a video in my collection of a decent Jerry Springer episode. I believe that the episode was from the first season. In the episode there was all 6, 7, and 8 year olds in the audience and Jerry was interviewing them.

Winding this up, I'd never watch this show now if someone paid me $1,000,000. This shows how low television has sunk these days.
  • Ever watched the movie groundhog day??

0.1
    Well, if you have ever watched the movie, Groundhog Day, (The one where Bill Murray wakes up and it is the same exact day all over again) then you pretty much must have a feel for what it must be like for Jerry Springer. All of the shows are the same. It is filthy and unoriginal. I would be ashamed to be in the audience let alone be on the stage. Do yourself a favor, change the channel or take up a hobby!
  • This is the most offensive, stupid, pointless, annoying, appalling,-- you know what any critizing word there is in a dictionary would describe this show. Don't even bother watching because the first 1 minute of this, I guarantee you, you won't like

0.1
    The first time I watched this show, I just didn\'t like it. The show shows pointless violence and they force the guest people to fight with each other. Then there\'s the big, bulky people who stop the guests from killing each other. What the heck is the point?! What bothers me a lot are their problems. I mean do they really need to broadcast their problems that about 0.01% of the people would actually care about?

The audiences that appear in the show needs to get a life because they waste their time calling the toll free line for free tickets. They probably do that because they have no jobs and they can\'t do anything valuable in their lives.The women just want to be on T.V. and show off their boobs and the men just wants to look at it.

This show justs makes me smash the creator\'s head to a T.V. and say \'Get a life!\'
  • Sometimes, watching people with no shame is okay...

This is the kind of show that gets old when watched every day. Once in a while is good. The only thing I don't understand is why would someone go on a show like this and act a fool? Watching these guest fight each other is amusing, but the same thing over and over again gets sickning.
  • The jerry springer show is hard not to watch...for me atleast. Its entertainment. Watching other people fight,cuss and act stupid is entertaining!

This talk show is probabaly the worst on TV. But im sure alot of people watch it. I try to catch a few episodes. There basically all the same episodes, just with diffrent people. Where do they find these weird as* people? The people on this show amaze me cause they come on national TV and embarass themselves. But its entertaining anyway.
  • I used to watch it to make me feel better about myself watching these people.

0.1
    I now just feel sad for Jerry and these people, enough is enough, you made money now it\'s just lame, go do something else, and hopefully it won\'t be trying to run for govenor of our state, we don\'t want to be like Culiforna (Arnold Speak)or Minnesota with Jesse Ventura. Oh well it was a good show and the movie was funny but it\'s over.
  • This show is garbage. Actually, I want to use a much stronger word, but I can't.

0.0
    Jerry Springer is bogus jerk who should be locked up in jail and they should throw away the key. This man is a piece of garbage, a sleazeball, a schister and everything else in between. He is also a left-wing, Bush-hating megalomaniac who should never have been a dogcatcher, much less the mayor of Cincinnati. How can people be so stupid? This guy is trashier than any landfill and ought to be buried underneath all of the filth that he has put out in his lifetime.
  • this show is like boxing paper view on free tv

i love this show it has everything i love fights, fights, and more fights hey sure some people may find it offensive but some people just dont get it like they say they dont like it but go back and watch a soap opera so i say look at the whole show and youll love it too!
  • White trash television is given a really bad reputation!!!

0.1
    This talk show was a total complete waste of time. Whoever was a complete moron enough to become a guest on this rotten show just came on the show to air their dirty laundry on public television and get greatly humiliated. The show had every crazy thing on the planet. Tranvestites telling their lovers or their significant others that they really aren't the opposite sex, mother and daughters both fighting over the same man, family members being involved with eachother romantically, and any other weird or bizarre scenario that you could possibly come up with was no doubt probably on the jerry springer show. I watched it because i wanted to see what kind of nuts would want to come on the show. This show is totally degrading and i am glad that it is finally off of the air.
  • Jerry Springer is a show about people revealing secrets to others and then getting into fights.

7.8
    Jerry Springer, is a show about certain people revealing secrets to others and then getting into ruthless fights with each other. The show is for older teenagers and adults, because their is alot of cursing that is not suitable for younger children. Thats why they switched the times, Jerry Springer was once aired during the evening when kids were home from school, I guess they found the show not suitable for children so they switched Jerry Springer to 10:00am 9:00am central. Sometimes the topics can get a little dull, but the fights can be funny and exciting. Overall this show is good.
  • Trashy but fun

There's nothing socially significant whatsoever about Jerry Springer or his show. He does schlock, pure and simple. He also admits that's what he does which is more than you can say for other daytime talk show schlockmeisters such as Oprah and Dr. Phil. If you want to get laughs by watching a bunch of stupid freaks going on television and making damn fools of themselves then Jerry Springer is the show for you. Kind of like watching an old Laurel and Hardy movie. You can't help but feel superior to Laurel and Hardy and you can't help but feel superior to the morons who appear on Jerry Springer.
  • a poor version of a talks show

5.8
    This show is so sad and pitiful that i watch it jusyt to see these people make an ass of themselves. I don't believe putting your business on t.v. any way, but some of these topics is just down right sad, but it's so sads you want to watch just to see who's going to look silly next. I think a lot of them is fake, but you never know with the world we are living in today. All that was cool at first, but now i think it's a little played out
  • Most people who are offended by this show would be willing to sign a petition, stating that it needs to be put off the air. I don't know why this crap is back on the air! That's right, people! You heard me right! It's BACK!

0.0
    Why is this show back on the air? Jerry doesn't care about these people's problems. He's just there to air these poor people's dirty laundry and watch these people make a complete ***es of themselves. I would ashamed to be a guest of this show, because the episode(s) I would be on would be recorded for future generations to come. Nowadays people could either get a video tape or DVD of the episode(s) and find that someone they knew made a complete *** of him/herself. I mean, I wouldn't be a guest on this show even if they paid me a million dollars. Honestly, it's not worth it, people, especially when you're finding a job and your boss happens to watch some episodes of Jerry Springer. There are good talk-shows out there where they can conceal your identity and not allow you to be humiliated. All you have to do is stop watching this crap and find them.

• The Twisted Ringmaster

0.7
    The twisted Ringmaster, that's the title for this dude. Jerry Springer has no scruples and pretends to care. He's only a rich version of people who make bets on watching rooster or pit bull fights. He brings on the clowns and struts around like a perverted circus ringleader. Puke. I don't get off on other people's pain and stupidity.
  • ok !

This show use to be so funny and all that! I loved how they got into those arguments while jerry just sitting there or standing nodding his head doing nothing as usual whie the crowd yellin' Jerry! jerry! jerry! But afterwhile the show got stupid so now i watch tyra and maury!
  • Funny to watch ...

Its funny to watch these people make fools of theirselves. People come on the show, tell their secrets about them having sex with their sister or whatever and they argue. Why not just settle it at home? When they bring it on TV, they are kind of embarassing theirselves. Its for mostly teenager and adults. Kids shouldnt watch it because of the *censored* parts and cursing every 5 seconds. Sometimes, the topics are dull and other times its kind of exciting. Overall, you should watch a few episodes of Jerry Springer instead of one and see what you think about it.
  • I hate the Jerry Springer show. The show is sleazier than a stupid parasite on welfare.The audience shouts out iggnorant chants that suck. I've hated all the and any future episodes. The crowds on there are a crowd of overgrown god damn yahoos. I just hat

I hate the Jerry Springer show. The show is sleazier than a stupid parasite on welfare.The audience shouts out iggnorant chants that suck. I've hated all the and any future episodes. The crowds on there are a crowd of overgrown god damn yahoos. I just hate the awful foul language.
  • I get my giggles every day with Jerry Springer!

Seeing the guests on Jerry Springer gives me a laugh a minute. They fight like phony wrestling stars, use utter profanity & expose themselves (though its censored)!

My favorite episodes is when they have food fights, especially wedding themes!

Even the audience gets into the act by insulting the guests while questioning them (some have creative thoughts), while others (mostly women) want their Jerry beads or play around the pole! But when someone makes a reasonable goody-goody statement, the audience chants "Go To Oprah!"

My favorite sound effects on the show are the fight bell & the cow going MOO!
  • Springer's show is the bottom of the barrel

0.1
    The only purpose the Springer "show" serves is an object lesson of what NOT to be in life.

Springer exhibits and exploits for high profit some of the saddest people to ever appear on TV. It is hard to beleve that this ultimate example of "TRASH TV" has been running since 1991.

If you find the Springer show objectionable - maybe you should read Bernard Goldberg's book "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America"

• For the longest time, this has been one of the most ridiculous shows on TV!!!

0.5
    The percentage point I gave it was for Jerry's wise words at the end of each show--which I don't even hear anymore, because I don't watch this ridiculous program (not often, anyway) as well as for a time long ago when it was actually having shows that were worth its use of airspace.

It seems to me that I can remember a time when Jerry reached out to morbidly-obese people in a kind and non-judgmental way to try to help them to lose weight. And I also seem to recall a show where he actually was able to add a mix to his show that ended up making a family of KKK members decide to shed their white, hooded robes and the prejudices those robes represented.

NO MORE!!!

Instead, it's a show that promotes animosity and free-for-alls while a crowd that seems to consist of the people of The Roman Empire reincarnated and still in their same bad karma cheers them on by repeatedly chanting the first name of the host and acting like a bunch of Nazis and/or fanatical Sadaam Hussein fans in their body-language.

Perhaps, I should have raised my rating for their ability to do a kind of "reality" sort of slapstick.

Since it doesn't seem as if the people on the show are really being hurt and might be exaggerating their angry ways, I might decide to raise the rating level a little--especially, when I'm going to be complaining about one of my favorite shows that has jumped the shark a mile high for how it has gone from being a totally-helpful show to one that seems to be boring and meanspirited.

Oh yes! That's another thing wrong with Jerry's little three-ring circus: Nothing new! Just the same old, same old tired plots that have only been slightly changed for each episode...

It's not that this is the worst talk-show on the air. It's just that I think I can find something better (more intelligent/constructive/meaningful)to do with my time--such as photographing poo-poo that has been placed on decorative paper plates!

• Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! ....Ahhhh... the first thing you hear when the show starts. Jerry's show is so out there. Other talk shows only go as far white trash cousin lovers. Springer takes it as far as Neo-Nazis. He's great. No other show is as dirty. Not even South Park. Bring on more Jerry!! Oh and steve the bodyguard is cool too.
  • Nothing but a mindless fight show...

(NOTE: This is only an opinion. If you like Jerry Springer, more power to you.)

Now, I'm not usually a very harsh critic on anything, but Jerry Springer is one of the few shows that I don't care much about. It's a poor excuse for a talk show. Heck, it isn't really even a talk show-it's a fight show with idiots that fight over the strangest stuff. There's hardly any discussion of the issues at hand-they're just there to duke it out. Sure, the fighting can be entertaining at times, but after a while it gets to the point where you get sick of the whole thing. Transvestites, incest, fathers sleeping with daughter's boyfriends...it's just...stupid. The only reason I gave it any rating is because the fights can be entertaining if you just see them just once or twice, and the final word at the end does redeem it a little (but not much). If you wanna see a good fight, I recommend WWE instead.
  • Informative (if you wanna put it that way)

5.1
    Lets see..
    A show about transvestites, gayness, stupideness,
    retardness, and how sad some people are. I laugh
    sometimes at some of the audiences joke but..no
    not all of them. But one thing about this show is
    when da women go up and dance up own the strip
    pole. I guess thats one thing good about this
    show.
  • JERRY'S THE BEST

i dont care what bad things people say about this show...i love the show...it shows people in their situations that we dont usually hear in the morning news...i think each one of us sees ourselves on the JSS and i purely enjoy watching it. those pple going on the show know 100% what they are going on for ...them looking like fools or not..they know what they are putting themselves up for...i\\\'d like to be i nthe audience one day...when i visit NY.....i love JERRRRY JERRY
  • Total Crap! Why do I keep watching it?

For some bizzare reason I find myself enjoying this. I mean I shouldn't but I do!

There is a lot of debate whether the people on this show are actors or not, but one things for sure they are anything but ordinary!

I love the look on peoples faces when someone they were with tells them they are seeing someone else or in some cases "something" else. For some reason they seem incredibly shocked, but what would you expect when your asked to go on the Jerry Springer show!!!

Sometimes I can't understand how Jerry can keep such a straight face when there are some real wackos that come on the show!
  • Jerry Springer is a show that just seems to find the most odd and disturbed people, put them in front of cameras with the most disturbing problems, and let the guests bash it out while the studio audience provokes it on.

4.3
    This show seriously needs to be taken off the air. I remember when the show first came out, it at least then had some point. However, over the years, all the episodes seem all the same. We all know the guests are staged and are bad actors. I mean honestly, what human being would come to a show where they know something humiliating is going to occur?
< 1 2 3 4