The Jerry Springer Show

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 30, 1991 In Season

The Jerry Springer Show Fan Reviews (110)

6.2
  • poor

4.5
    the only part of each show i like is when the people in the audience make fun of the people who are on the show, by making jokes at their expense. the rest of the time it bores me. i just do not find it very interesting. maybe if i tried harder to like the rest of the show, i would, but i just get bored. so, overall, i think my grade for this would be in the high "D", early "C" range. it's not terrible per se but it is pretty far from 'good' i think so at least
  • You guys gotta have more faith in Springer!

It's pretty easy to bad mouth The Jerry Springer Show but in reality, it's probably pretty tough to keep it as entertaining as possible. The big thing that sticks out is that the show's been on for 16 years now and they've already passed the 3000 episode mark. 3000 EPISODES OF WHAT?!?! The show started out as a measly talk show like Maury or Montel Williams but when people started beating on each other and using chairs as weapons, the ratings began to grow. We've seen it all from "I Married a Horse" to "I Got My Sister Pregnant!". Obviously it must be hard to create shows with new ideas that they haven't done, and yet, they appear to do it! Now they've introduced Steve as the host for some shows and he takes on the more touchy subjects such as wife-beating and wanting to get out of prostitution. Also, one of the more recent episodes consisted of a transsexual barber getting audience participation. I'm sure most people think that this show is vulgar and disgusting, but you have to think... They've been on the air for 16 years with over 3000 episodes, and every once in a while a new idea pops up. The ability to even manage such a feat should perplex the masses! So give the Springer some faith, they must be doing something right!
  • Jerry is awesome: his show sucks.

I'd rather sleep with those damn Crappy Fappers and listen to that crappy jingle 24/7: his show isn't worth tormenting myself to watch. All we get TO watch on that show are turds fighting over their marriage. He only makes it worse for these maniacs, and the sound effects that play aren't helping, nor are they funny. Do these guys really fight, or are they paid actors hired to be on the show? 'Cause if they are, I feel sorry for the sap who thinks fighting it out on TV after seeing these twits do it will solve their marriage problem.

I was praying for this show to end its horrible reign of terror, but it seems it's still trying to squeeze out the Springer sponge. What do they want, a spin off?
  • OH NO!!! HEAT VIII!!! THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SHOW ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF IGNORANT, CONCEITED, LOW-LIFES, WHO TAKE PLEASURE IN WATCHING PEOPLE BEAT EACH OTHER UP OVER STUPID THINGS!!! HOW LOW CAN YOU GET!!!???

Many people call it a talk show. I tell you this: It is NOT a talk show! It is a fight show! And it is an incredibly stupid and ridicuous one at that! I don\'t really care about Jerry Springer himself, one way or the other. But if I met him in person, I would tell him frankly, that his show sucks. I would not be in it under any circumstances!
  • Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever!

Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever! Nothing much to say about this, except: This show really, really sucks!
    I don\'t understand how anyone can watch this, for first, it all seems like faking.

Oh, please, someone jumps on somebody and audience only screams \"Jerry! Jerry!\". How silly is that? And yet, very stupid.

And something else... it all seems very unprofessional, you can definitely see that half(well, that\'s so softly said) of it isn\'t really true. And I really don\' understand how many episodes of this show were aired? Well, here\'s something. somebody\'s husband has an affair and wife freaks out. And there are, I don\'t know 5 episodes filmed on that in this show. Just, one of them, I don\'t know, is named \"Oh, no, my husband had an affair\", \"Marriage problems\", \"He cheated on me!\"... please...
  • Disgusting

This has to be the worst Talk Show on TV. The people are obviously paid actors hired to make fools out of themselves and make american tv look worse than it already is. Fat rednecks and women who can't find their babies father, that is all this show has to offer. I find myself embarassed beyond belief when I watched one episode!

I am disgusted that he was once mayor of a city and more so this show has any viewers at all. We as a people need to rise above this and find better stuff to watch than this!
  • Stupid....just plain stupid.

3.8
    A sad attempt at tv. It's all about people throwing chairs at each other cause their husbands left to marry a stripper only cause she took his favorite pair of underpants. It's not entertaining it's not funny it's just dumb. It's foul mouthed and an insult to american television. It's not really a talk show when you think about it. It stinks that they're making me make this 100 words. I've already summed it up, thank goodness they took it off the air. But they have made a name for themselves. In family guy when peter throws a chair on a talk show, you know they're making fun of jerry springer. But seriously, do yourself a favor and watch something better like Conan Obrien or Jay Leno.
  • Seriously...

...if you plan on watching this show, you're in for a laugh since the lives of the guests suck way more than yours. The show is good for one thing and one thing only, laughing at stupid people since you're not on the show. I would change alot of things about this show though. I'd rather watch it at 11 P.M. or mMidnight on HBO or any of those expanded cable networks that are allowed to show nudity since where it stands right now, the only good parts of the show would have to be the fights and the guards who break them up since they have some weird ones at times (A midget and a guy with no legs???).
  • Whenever you get the feeling the quality of society is diminishing, turn on this show for proof.

Whenever you get the feeling the quality of society is diminishing, turn on this show for proof. You'll see not only the dregs of the American populace, but also a dim reflection of yourself, spending your precious waking moments, sitting in front of the TV, watching pure garbage. And loving every minute.

A lifetime of philosophical study could be spent investigating the love-hate relationship we all have with the Jerry Springer show, exploring how it makes us feel better seeing other people so screwed up, while at the same time making us feel worse, because we see little bits and pieces of ourselves in every guest. But like a fine dessert, the Jerry Springer show is not meant to be dissected and examined, but rather enjoyed to the fullest--and maybe regretted afterwards, depending on your tolerance for such brilliant filth.
  • This show is the best

I love to see Mother and Daughter fight over a cheating boyfriend. Last episode I saw had a Mother steal the daughter's 19 year old boyfriend only after meeting him for 2 weeks. My favorite springer episode was when they had KKK clan on and this black lady wanted to join it and they told her no, too funny. Jerry show is must at 1:00 when I'm not busy at work.
  • The Jerry Springer Show is quite good and very funny.

I think The Jerry Springer Show is quite good and very funny when they take their shirts off and dance round the pole. It is also funny right the the end when Steve is walking down a corridore with a person and then this person called Todd comes out and makes them jump. I wantch it because it passes on an hour on Living 2 between 5pm and 6pm. It is also good when they play this country and Western song about Jerry Springer and dance to it on the stage. I have now really got into watching it and I like it.
  • A BIG FAN OF YOUR SHOW

JERRY I LOVE UR SHOW I WATCH U FROM MORNING UNTIL U COME BACK ON AT 2:00AM U ARE TOO FUNNY KEEY UP THE GOOD WORK NO MATTER WHAT ANY ONE SAYS UR SHOW IS THE BEST:)
  • This is the show where anything can happend.

Oh my god, i love this show. I like it when people talk mess to each other it is freaking funny. Jerry is good show to watch but not good for childern. But i saw this show when i was litte. I also like when the girls get into fights. Anything can happen on this show anybody can come and anybody can be guess.I dont think they will ever stop showing the show because it is that damn good and shows like that never stop showing. Jerry rocks and the show will blow your mind away. The jerry show is crazy as hell.
  • Most people who are offended by this show would be willing to sign a petition, stating that it needs to be put off the air. I don't know why this crap is back on the air! That's right, people! You heard me right! It's BACK!

0.0
    Why is this show back on the air? Jerry doesn't care about these people's problems. He's just there to air these poor people's dirty laundry and watch these people make a complete ***es of themselves. I would ashamed to be a guest of this show, because the episode(s) I would be on would be recorded for future generations to come. Nowadays people could either get a video tape or DVD of the episode(s) and find that someone they knew made a complete *** of him/herself. I mean, I wouldn't be a guest on this show even if they paid me a million dollars. Honestly, it's not worth it, people, especially when you're finding a job and your boss happens to watch some episodes of Jerry Springer. There are good talk-shows out there where they can conceal your identity and not allow you to be humiliated. All you have to do is stop watching this crap and find them.

• Springer's show is the bottom of the barrel

0.1
    The only purpose the Springer "show" serves is an object lesson of what NOT to be in life.

Springer exhibits and exploits for high profit some of the saddest people to ever appear on TV. It is hard to beleve that this ultimate example of "TRASH TV" has been running since 1991.

If you find the Springer show objectionable - maybe you should read Bernard Goldberg's book "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America"

• I used to watch it to make me feel better about myself watching these people.

0.1
    I now just feel sad for Jerry and these people, enough is enough, you made money now it\'s just lame, go do something else, and hopefully it won\'t be trying to run for govenor of our state, we don\'t want to be like Culiforna (Arnold Speak)or Minnesota with Jesse Ventura. Oh well it was a good show and the movie was funny but it\'s over.
  • For the longest time, this has been one of the most ridiculous shows on TV!!!

0.5
    The percentage point I gave it was for Jerry's wise words at the end of each show--which I don't even hear anymore, because I don't watch this ridiculous program (not often, anyway) as well as for a time long ago when it was actually having shows that were worth its use of airspace.

It seems to me that I can remember a time when Jerry reached out to morbidly-obese people in a kind and non-judgmental way to try to help them to lose weight. And I also seem to recall a show where he actually was able to add a mix to his show that ended up making a family of KKK members decide to shed their white, hooded robes and the prejudices those robes represented.

NO MORE!!!

Instead, it's a show that promotes animosity and free-for-alls while a crowd that seems to consist of the people of The Roman Empire reincarnated and still in their same bad karma cheers them on by repeatedly chanting the first name of the host and acting like a bunch of Nazis and/or fanatical Sadaam Hussein fans in their body-language.

Perhaps, I should have raised my rating for their ability to do a kind of "reality" sort of slapstick.

Since it doesn't seem as if the people on the show are really being hurt and might be exaggerating their angry ways, I might decide to raise the rating level a little--especially, when I'm going to be complaining about one of my favorite shows that has jumped the shark a mile high for how it has gone from being a totally-helpful show to one that seems to be boring and meanspirited.

Oh yes! That's another thing wrong with Jerry's little three-ring circus: Nothing new! Just the same old, same old tired plots that have only been slightly changed for each episode...

It's not that this is the worst talk-show on the air. It's just that I think I can find something better (more intelligent/constructive/meaningful)to do with my time--such as photographing poo-poo that has been placed on decorative paper plates!

• The Twisted Ringmaster

0.7
    The twisted Ringmaster, that's the title for this dude. Jerry Springer has no scruples and pretends to care. He's only a rich version of people who make bets on watching rooster or pit bull fights. He brings on the clowns and struts around like a perverted circus ringleader. Puke. I don't get off on other people's pain and stupidity.
  • over you I'M with her

I think it sucks here lately all you see is gay's and black's has gone to hell to put something in his time welcome
  • go back to the dumps where you live!

Jerry Springer is one of the worst shows of all time, i am tired of chat shows and this one is the worst, why should it be aired before the watershed anyway when it has explicit content, filthy mouths and bleep sounds and fake fighting? This is horrible, and gets my lowest rating of 1, with the title of FAIL!
  • The Jersy Shore show of the 1990s, only trashier

I cant belive anyone could look at this show and say they have pride watching this. This.. this... show gives talk shows a bad name and all it does is put people in misery in the end. I also heard on wikipedia it was one of the worst shows of all time so it baffles me how it`s so popular and has been running this long.
  • WARNING: Avoid this show at all cost!

This is absolutely the worst show I have ever seen in my entire life. It is completely and utterly horrid. I seriously have a deep hatred to this show, all that scumbag Jerry springer does is bringing in those poor idiotic losers who are sitting there being humiliated on national TV. They don't know what's best for themselves whatsoever, and this idiot completely takes advantage of them to lift big ratings? Give me a freaking break! This show is nothing but a journey to hell. Jerry is just stupid and a bogus jerk who should be locked up in jail and they should throw away the key. This man is a piece of garbage, a sleazeball, a schister and everything else in between. He is also a left-wing, Bush-hating megalomaniac who should never have been a dogcatcher, much less the mayor of Cincinnati. How can people be so stupid?
  • This show just starts a lot junk and pollutes the minds of many people.

This show is pathetic and is just a complete waste of airing time, all its about is people duking out there love/marriage problems out on live TV. What idiots. Don't they know that they're announcing their business on live television, nobody wants to know anybody's love problems (or at least I don't). This is just disgusting. I don't see how Jerry Springer is making money on this trash, I just don't see how he is. He probbably just made this show to ruin people's lives by making their love problems even worse than they already are. TV, do us a favor and just cancel this show! Cancel it and never show it again!
  • NOT WORTHY OF WORDS!

I know there is a market for tawdry trash, or else this show would've never survived. But, even in the world of trash, this show doesn't even rate on the meter. Not because it degrades the human race by its mere existence, but because in spite of that supposed reasoning for being entertaining, it's just not. I stumbled upon this show the other day and it's just boring. I can't belive this is the show they thought would unseat Oprah on the talk show circuit. If Jerry wants to produce trash,he should at the very least try to revolutionize it!
  • I'm ashamed to say I once watched this and found it funny...

The Jerry Springer Show is trash – plain and simple but for a good couple of years this was the ‘It’ thing. Something your parents wouldn’t let you watch. SO you’d sneak over to somebody else’s house to watch it!

Guilty Pleasure of a pre-teen – I watched it simply because I was told not to. However the novelty of swearing and cat fights soon wore off and I got bored with it. (After all – That’s what the show was about – showing up the depravity of society by making light of it so we can be entertained by tasteless jokes.)

I remember rapt discussions at school with all my schoolmates about Jerry and the outrageous stunts we watched. Eventually I grew up and realized that it was not right – This was the type of show that later down the road made me ashamed to say I actually watched and enjoyed it.

Thank Goodness I wised up!
  • Simply awful.

"The Jerry Springer Show" is the worst televised program that I have ever watch for as long as I could remember.

Aired around in the late 80's and early 90's, Jerry Springer, the host of the aptly named show, originally focus on more political and common subjects. But for some strange reasons, however, he, along with the crew, decided to "tweak" the show by adding repulsive and controversial taboos, glorifying them and actually allow the violence to go on, much to the audience's joy.

It's a shame that this show keeps going on one season at a time, as its dull, repetitive trademarks could bore almost anyone due to its senseless violence and nonsensical subjects.

Overall, "The Jerry Springer Show" is a waste of time, especially for the intended audiences.
  • Smutty Television Unworthy of Human Consumption

Watching this program is a lot like voeyerism. Its for minds who enjoy watching someone take a crap, while the person on the toilet doesn\'t mind sharing the smell with the audience. Some of it is staged by people paid off to act. It is just the worst television has to offer and a true sign of a deteriorating culture. It\'s far worse than the Gong Show. Mr. Springer should be ashamed of himself.
  • Discusting!!

Why do people watch this show its a complete waste of time. Its a discrase to America and to everybody who watches this.Change the channel and watch someting else then that. I can belive they even run this show. They should cancel it, becouse people who watch it probably will act the same as those FOOLS.!
  • Absolutely disgusting ...

I can not even begin to tell you how much I despise this show. It is the worst thing I have ever watched in my entire lifetime. I don't get it, what could possibly make people want to watch this tripe. It's fake. It's low brow. It's repulsive. Not to mention, it has given Americans a terrible reputation overseas.

I hope, I pray that one day it will finally get cancelled. Jerry used to have a halfway decent talk show, but I guess it didn't bring in the $$$$ that he was hoping for.

(Unfortunately I couldn't give this show a 0 rating due to a site bug or I would have)
  • just plain stupid

1.1
    there was a time when day time talk shows were serious programs dealing with real issues. but then something changed. the world got tired of phil donahue and started watching geraldo. then came the worst waste of an hour of all time, jerry springer. this show has done everything at least twice, so i don't understand how people haven't gotten sick of it by now.
< 1 2 3 4