The Jerry Springer Show

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 30, 1991 In Season

The Jerry Springer Show Fan Reviews (110)

6.2
  • OH NO!!! HEAT VIII!!! THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SHOW ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF IGNORANT, CONCEITED, LOW-LIFES, WHO TAKE PLEASURE IN WATCHING PEOPLE BEAT EACH OTHER UP OVER STUPID THINGS!!! HOW LOW CAN YOU GET!!!???

Many people call it a talk show. I tell you this: It is NOT a talk show! It is a fight show! And it is an incredibly stupid and ridicuous one at that! I don\'t really care about Jerry Springer himself, one way or the other. But if I met him in person, I would tell him frankly, that his show sucks. I would not be in it under any circumstances!
  • Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever!

Wow... This is the stupidest talk-show ever! Nothing much to say about this, except: This show really, really sucks!
    I don\'t understand how anyone can watch this, for first, it all seems like faking.

Oh, please, someone jumps on somebody and audience only screams \"Jerry! Jerry!\". How silly is that? And yet, very stupid.

And something else... it all seems very unprofessional, you can definitely see that half(well, that\'s so softly said) of it isn\'t really true. And I really don\' understand how many episodes of this show were aired? Well, here\'s something. somebody\'s husband has an affair and wife freaks out. And there are, I don\'t know 5 episodes filmed on that in this show. Just, one of them, I don\'t know, is named \"Oh, no, my husband had an affair\", \"Marriage problems\", \"He cheated on me!\"... please...
  • Disgusting

This has to be the worst Talk Show on TV. The people are obviously paid actors hired to make fools out of themselves and make american tv look worse than it already is. Fat rednecks and women who can't find their babies father, that is all this show has to offer. I find myself embarassed beyond belief when I watched one episode!

I am disgusted that he was once mayor of a city and more so this show has any viewers at all. We as a people need to rise above this and find better stuff to watch than this!
  • poor

4.5
    the only part of each show i like is when the people in the audience make fun of the people who are on the show, by making jokes at their expense. the rest of the time it bores me. i just do not find it very interesting. maybe if i tried harder to like the rest of the show, i would, but i just get bored. so, overall, i think my grade for this would be in the high "D", early "C" range. it's not terrible per se but it is pretty far from 'good' i think so at least
  • Most people who are offended by this show would be willing to sign a petition, stating that it needs to be put off the air. I don't know why this crap is back on the air! That's right, people! You heard me right! It's BACK!

0.0
    Why is this show back on the air? Jerry doesn't care about these people's problems. He's just there to air these poor people's dirty laundry and watch these people make a complete ***es of themselves. I would ashamed to be a guest of this show, because the episode(s) I would be on would be recorded for future generations to come. Nowadays people could either get a video tape or DVD of the episode(s) and find that someone they knew made a complete *** of him/herself. I mean, I wouldn't be a guest on this show even if they paid me a million dollars. Honestly, it's not worth it, people, especially when you're finding a job and your boss happens to watch some episodes of Jerry Springer. There are good talk-shows out there where they can conceal your identity and not allow you to be humiliated. All you have to do is stop watching this crap and find them.

• Springer's show is the bottom of the barrel

0.1
    The only purpose the Springer "show" serves is an object lesson of what NOT to be in life.

Springer exhibits and exploits for high profit some of the saddest people to ever appear on TV. It is hard to beleve that this ultimate example of "TRASH TV" has been running since 1991.

If you find the Springer show objectionable - maybe you should read Bernard Goldberg's book "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America"

• I used to watch it to make me feel better about myself watching these people.

0.1
    I now just feel sad for Jerry and these people, enough is enough, you made money now it\'s just lame, go do something else, and hopefully it won\'t be trying to run for govenor of our state, we don\'t want to be like Culiforna (Arnold Speak)or Minnesota with Jesse Ventura. Oh well it was a good show and the movie was funny but it\'s over.
  • For the longest time, this has been one of the most ridiculous shows on TV!!!

0.5
    The percentage point I gave it was for Jerry's wise words at the end of each show--which I don't even hear anymore, because I don't watch this ridiculous program (not often, anyway) as well as for a time long ago when it was actually having shows that were worth its use of airspace.

It seems to me that I can remember a time when Jerry reached out to morbidly-obese people in a kind and non-judgmental way to try to help them to lose weight. And I also seem to recall a show where he actually was able to add a mix to his show that ended up making a family of KKK members decide to shed their white, hooded robes and the prejudices those robes represented.

NO MORE!!!

Instead, it's a show that promotes animosity and free-for-alls while a crowd that seems to consist of the people of The Roman Empire reincarnated and still in their same bad karma cheers them on by repeatedly chanting the first name of the host and acting like a bunch of Nazis and/or fanatical Sadaam Hussein fans in their body-language.

Perhaps, I should have raised my rating for their ability to do a kind of "reality" sort of slapstick.

Since it doesn't seem as if the people on the show are really being hurt and might be exaggerating their angry ways, I might decide to raise the rating level a little--especially, when I'm going to be complaining about one of my favorite shows that has jumped the shark a mile high for how it has gone from being a totally-helpful show to one that seems to be boring and meanspirited.

Oh yes! That's another thing wrong with Jerry's little three-ring circus: Nothing new! Just the same old, same old tired plots that have only been slightly changed for each episode...

It's not that this is the worst talk-show on the air. It's just that I think I can find something better (more intelligent/constructive/meaningful)to do with my time--such as photographing poo-poo that has been placed on decorative paper plates!

• The Twisted Ringmaster

0.7
    The twisted Ringmaster, that's the title for this dude. Jerry Springer has no scruples and pretends to care. He's only a rich version of people who make bets on watching rooster or pit bull fights. He brings on the clowns and struts around like a perverted circus ringleader. Puke. I don't get off on other people's pain and stupidity.
  • Jerry is awesome: his show sucks.

I'd rather sleep with those damn Crappy Fappers and listen to that crappy jingle 24/7: his show isn't worth tormenting myself to watch. All we get TO watch on that show are turds fighting over their marriage. He only makes it worse for these maniacs, and the sound effects that play aren't helping, nor are they funny. Do these guys really fight, or are they paid actors hired to be on the show? 'Cause if they are, I feel sorry for the sap who thinks fighting it out on TV after seeing these twits do it will solve their marriage problem.

I was praying for this show to end its horrible reign of terror, but it seems it's still trying to squeeze out the Springer sponge. What do they want, a spin off?
  • Simply awful.

"The Jerry Springer Show" is the worst televised program that I have ever watch for as long as I could remember.

Aired around in the late 80's and early 90's, Jerry Springer, the host of the aptly named show, originally focus on more political and common subjects. But for some strange reasons, however, he, along with the crew, decided to "tweak" the show by adding repulsive and controversial taboos, glorifying them and actually allow the violence to go on, much to the audience's joy.

It's a shame that this show keeps going on one season at a time, as its dull, repetitive trademarks could bore almost anyone due to its senseless violence and nonsensical subjects.

Overall, "The Jerry Springer Show" is a waste of time, especially for the intended audiences.
  • Smutty Television Unworthy of Human Consumption

Watching this program is a lot like voeyerism. Its for minds who enjoy watching someone take a crap, while the person on the toilet doesn\'t mind sharing the smell with the audience. Some of it is staged by people paid off to act. It is just the worst television has to offer and a true sign of a deteriorating culture. It\'s far worse than the Gong Show. Mr. Springer should be ashamed of himself.
  • Discusting!!

Why do people watch this show its a complete waste of time. Its a discrase to America and to everybody who watches this.Change the channel and watch someting else then that. I can belive they even run this show. They should cancel it, becouse people who watch it probably will act the same as those FOOLS.!
  • Absolutely disgusting ...

I can not even begin to tell you how much I despise this show. It is the worst thing I have ever watched in my entire lifetime. I don't get it, what could possibly make people want to watch this tripe. It's fake. It's low brow. It's repulsive. Not to mention, it has given Americans a terrible reputation overseas.

I hope, I pray that one day it will finally get cancelled. Jerry used to have a halfway decent talk show, but I guess it didn't bring in the $$$$ that he was hoping for.

(Unfortunately I couldn't give this show a 0 rating due to a site bug or I would have)
  • just plain stupid

1.1
    there was a time when day time talk shows were serious programs dealing with real issues. but then something changed. the world got tired of phil donahue and started watching geraldo. then came the worst waste of an hour of all time, jerry springer. this show has done everything at least twice, so i don't understand how people haven't gotten sick of it by now.
  • I hate the Jerry Springer show. The show is sleazier than a stupid parasite on welfare.The audience shouts out iggnorant chants that suck. I've hated all the and any future episodes. The crowds on there are a crowd of overgrown god damn yahoos. I just hat

I hate the Jerry Springer show. The show is sleazier than a stupid parasite on welfare.The audience shouts out iggnorant chants that suck. I've hated all the and any future episodes. The crowds on there are a crowd of overgrown god damn yahoos. I just hate the awful foul language.
  • Stupid....just plain stupid.

3.8
    A sad attempt at tv. It's all about people throwing chairs at each other cause their husbands left to marry a stripper only cause she took his favorite pair of underpants. It's not entertaining it's not funny it's just dumb. It's foul mouthed and an insult to american television. It's not really a talk show when you think about it. It stinks that they're making me make this 100 words. I've already summed it up, thank goodness they took it off the air. But they have made a name for themselves. In family guy when peter throws a chair on a talk show, you know they're making fun of jerry springer. But seriously, do yourself a favor and watch something better like Conan Obrien or Jay Leno.
  • I get my giggles every day with Jerry Springer!

Seeing the guests on Jerry Springer gives me a laugh a minute. They fight like phony wrestling stars, use utter profanity & expose themselves (though its censored)!

My favorite episodes is when they have food fights, especially wedding themes!

Even the audience gets into the act by insulting the guests while questioning them (some have creative thoughts), while others (mostly women) want their Jerry beads or play around the pole! But when someone makes a reasonable goody-goody statement, the audience chants "Go To Oprah!"

My favorite sound effects on the show are the fight bell & the cow going MOO!
  • a poor version of a talks show

5.8
    This show is so sad and pitiful that i watch it jusyt to see these people make an ass of themselves. I don't believe putting your business on t.v. any way, but some of these topics is just down right sad, but it's so sads you want to watch just to see who's going to look silly next. I think a lot of them is fake, but you never know with the world we are living in today. All that was cool at first, but now i think it's a little played out
  • The jerry springer show is hard not to watch...for me atleast. Its entertainment. Watching other people fight,cuss and act stupid is entertaining!

This talk show is probabaly the worst on TV. But im sure alot of people watch it. I try to catch a few episodes. There basically all the same episodes, just with diffrent people. Where do they find these weird as* people? The people on this show amaze me cause they come on national TV and embarass themselves. But its entertaining anyway.
  • ok !

This show use to be so funny and all that! I loved how they got into those arguments while jerry just sitting there or standing nodding his head doing nothing as usual whie the crowd yellin' Jerry! jerry! jerry! But afterwhile the show got stupid so now i watch tyra and maury!
  • Seriously...

...if you plan on watching this show, you're in for a laugh since the lives of the guests suck way more than yours. The show is good for one thing and one thing only, laughing at stupid people since you're not on the show. I would change alot of things about this show though. I'd rather watch it at 11 P.M. or mMidnight on HBO or any of those expanded cable networks that are allowed to show nudity since where it stands right now, the only good parts of the show would have to be the fights and the guards who break them up since they have some weird ones at times (A midget and a guy with no legs???).
  • Sometimes, watching people with no shame is okay...

This is the kind of show that gets old when watched every day. Once in a while is good. The only thing I don't understand is why would someone go on a show like this and act a fool? Watching these guest fight each other is amusing, but the same thing over and over again gets sickning.
  • The Jerry Springer Show is quite good and very funny.

I think The Jerry Springer Show is quite good and very funny when they take their shirts off and dance round the pole. It is also funny right the the end when Steve is walking down a corridore with a person and then this person called Todd comes out and makes them jump. I wantch it because it passes on an hour on Living 2 between 5pm and 6pm. It is also good when they play this country and Western song about Jerry Springer and dance to it on the stage. I have now really got into watching it and I like it.
  • You guys gotta have more faith in Springer!

It's pretty easy to bad mouth The Jerry Springer Show but in reality, it's probably pretty tough to keep it as entertaining as possible. The big thing that sticks out is that the show's been on for 16 years now and they've already passed the 3000 episode mark. 3000 EPISODES OF WHAT?!?! The show started out as a measly talk show like Maury or Montel Williams but when people started beating on each other and using chairs as weapons, the ratings began to grow. We've seen it all from "I Married a Horse" to "I Got My Sister Pregnant!". Obviously it must be hard to create shows with new ideas that they haven't done, and yet, they appear to do it! Now they've introduced Steve as the host for some shows and he takes on the more touchy subjects such as wife-beating and wanting to get out of prostitution. Also, one of the more recent episodes consisted of a transsexual barber getting audience participation. I'm sure most people think that this show is vulgar and disgusting, but you have to think... They've been on the air for 16 years with over 3000 episodes, and every once in a while a new idea pops up. The ability to even manage such a feat should perplex the masses! So give the Springer some faith, they must be doing something right!
  • A BIG FAN OF YOUR SHOW

JERRY I LOVE UR SHOW I WATCH U FROM MORNING UNTIL U COME BACK ON AT 2:00AM U ARE TOO FUNNY KEEY UP THE GOOD WORK NO MATTER WHAT ANY ONE SAYS UR SHOW IS THE BEST:)
  • White trash television is given a really bad reputation!!!

0.1
    This talk show was a total complete waste of time. Whoever was a complete moron enough to become a guest on this rotten show just came on the show to air their dirty laundry on public television and get greatly humiliated. The show had every crazy thing on the planet. Tranvestites telling their lovers or their significant others that they really aren't the opposite sex, mother and daughters both fighting over the same man, family members being involved with eachother romantically, and any other weird or bizarre scenario that you could possibly come up with was no doubt probably on the jerry springer show. I watched it because i wanted to see what kind of nuts would want to come on the show. This show is totally degrading and i am glad that it is finally off of the air.
  • This is the most offensive, stupid, pointless, annoying, appalling,-- you know what any critizing word there is in a dictionary would describe this show. Don't even bother watching because the first 1 minute of this, I guarantee you, you won't like

0.1
    The first time I watched this show, I just didn\'t like it. The show shows pointless violence and they force the guest people to fight with each other. Then there\'s the big, bulky people who stop the guests from killing each other. What the heck is the point?! What bothers me a lot are their problems. I mean do they really need to broadcast their problems that about 0.01% of the people would actually care about?

The audiences that appear in the show needs to get a life because they waste their time calling the toll free line for free tickets. They probably do that because they have no jobs and they can\'t do anything valuable in their lives.The women just want to be on T.V. and show off their boobs and the men just wants to look at it.

This show justs makes me smash the creator\'s head to a T.V. and say \'Get a life!\'
  • What Happened? Jerry Sold Out. Tragically Sad.

Remember when the Jerry Springer Show used to follow pretty much the same format as Sally Jesse Raphael? Then around 1995 the entire format changed into what it is today. I stopped watching the Jerry Springer Show when the format changed and I haven't looked back since!

What a tragic way to "progress" . There's no excuse for changing what used to be a decent talk show that was nearly on the same level as Donahue into the 3 ring, fake, inappropriate, desperate for ratings circus it has become. That show went down hill in a rocket ship and crossed the threshold of no return. What a waste!!!
  • The Jerry Springer Show

I watch The Jerry Springer Show Every consider it MULCH for my BRAIN.
< 1 2 3 4