The Jerry Springer Show

Weekdays 11:00 AM on Premiered Sep 30, 1991 In Season

The Jerry Springer Show Fan Reviews (103)

6.2
  • Jerry Springer is a garbage show, and should've stopped making episodes after the first season.

0.5
    Wow, where do I start? This show is complete garbage. I for one am glad that it is not syndicated in my area, nor do I think it has in a long time. I have seen an episode when I was visiting some family. I can't believe that people watch this show!

The only (and I mean only) reason that I gave this show any sort of rating is because I have come across a video in my collection of a decent Jerry Springer episode. I believe that the episode was from the first season. In the episode there was all 6, 7, and 8 year olds in the audience and Jerry was interviewing them.

Winding this up, I'd never watch this show now if someone paid me $1,000,000. This shows how low television has sunk these days.
  • No longer even having shock value, Jerry Springer's show is just a waste of space. Why give TV time to some of these people?

Back in the 1990's, I can see why people might watch this show. It pushed the limits and gave audiences something exciting. One of the ultimate guilty pleasures on TV.

Now I think the act is stale and has degenerated down to just bad taste. I always change the channel whenever I see Springer on.

If you haven't seen it, watch it once because it is mildly interesting to see just how low a show can sink for ratings. After that, you are losing brain cells and should cease watching right away.
  • Surely a Sign of the Death of Western Civilization...

The Jerry Springer Show is a complete and utter waste of time. First of all, Jerry Springer himself is a no-talent hack of a TV host. He is salacious, disgusting, exploitative, horrible, horrible, horrible! His show is probably the single most disgusting thing that's ever been broadcast over the airwaves since television was invented - in the entire history of television there has been nothing even approaching how horrifically empty and exploitative than this awful excuse for a TV talk show. The formula is to have people take off their clothes and/or have fistfights with each other and/or scream in redneck arguments over who cheated on who, or who fathered who, or who is the worst-looking conjoined-twin-little-person-stripper. This awful man's show are making our civilization more stupid every single day that he is allowed to be on TV. The real kicker is that he is still on the air after all this time and certain people like to watch him, what does that say about our society? Nothing good.
  • Ever watched the movie groundhog day??

0.1
    Well, if you have ever watched the movie, Groundhog Day, (The one where Bill Murray wakes up and it is the same exact day all over again) then you pretty much must have a feel for what it must be like for Jerry Springer. All of the shows are the same. It is filthy and unoriginal. I would be ashamed to be in the audience let alone be on the stage. Do yourself a favor, change the channel or take up a hobby!
  • My favourite show on US TV

I'm from Belgium and I think US television is the best in the world! You should see the boring stuff we have on Belgian television, or European television in general. It completely PALES in comparison the grandness that is American television.

Jerry Springer Show, Maury Show, Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Mathis, Steve Wilkos Show, The People's Court, Dr. Phil...and many more, they are a vital part of my life. Entertainment like no other.

People who hate on the Jerry Springer Show for any reason besides the fact that it's getting stale, are in my opinion completely "butthurt" as they call it. They think that the people on this show represent all Americans, and that really makes me laugh! Come on people! It's just a show! Entertainment! Ever heard of fun? If you don't like it then go watch some boring documentaries or whatever.

One thing I do have to say though: As much as I love Jerry Springer, I have to say that the way he hosts his show in the last couple of seasons is getting very routinely and stale. You can always hear him say: "What's going on?" "Do you feel a little bit bad?" "OK, so what's gonna happen here?" "Why are you still together when he's cheating on you?" BECAUSE I LOVE HIM JAJAJA "We'll be right back."

The introductions and the final thoughts he obviously reads from a teleprompter.

And that's about it really...I feel that he should put in some more effort into hosting his own show, because it does feel like the guests do all the work and Jerry basically just stands there.

Plus I agree with some people that the previous seasons from the mid-2000's were a LOT more fun to watch, it was a total freakshow circus. Waaay sleazier. Waaay better produced. Now I feel the show is very toned down...

Other than that, I love this show. I love coming home from work and sitting down, watching the latest Jerry Springer Show episode.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't really care that some people don't like it, because obviously it's not going anywhere. The new seasons keep coming, people keep watching it, and I love it!

JERRY JERRY JERRY!
  • The spoof of all spoofs, The Jerry Springer Show should live as long as any talk show is on air.

Jerry Springer hosts The Jerry Springer Show, the obvious spoof of a cliche' talk show. The show revolves around several actors posing as pathetic lowlifes in a variety of realistic, and some not-so-realistic situations.

This show is so entertaining to watch, considering all the piece of crap talk shows on air now, this one pleases the nihilistic demon in all of us. If you don't like this show, you take life too seriously and think the show is real. O_. This show should live on to send a message and represent talk shows, and to just be flat-out funny!
  • "Can i pet Steve's head?"

I wanted to hate this show... i really did, but i couldn't!
    I just had to laugh about it all... never believed in any of the things that were happening on that show, and all i could think was; "OMG... how can you do that on national TV... how desperate are you for 15 minutes of fame?!"

Steve and Jerry... they were too funny!
    The comments from the audiences hahaha...
    It really was funny... even funnier than the politic debates on dutch TV! ;o)

"can i please pet Steve's head?!" hahahaha, you should see Steve blush sometimes... that was cute!
    Now... really bad of me, i know, but i forgot the name of the other guy who sometimes was asked for a hug...
    He'd be running through the audience trying to get away from some dirty fat woman with only wearing a bra... or sometimes not even!

It always aired around 2am here in Holland... hahaha, good night laughs
  • WTH?!

Really dislike everything about this show, the fact that all you watch is drama in these people's lives, these people we don't even know, and laugh about it, actually find it amusing.....and they come on television, and broadcast all these things to the whole entire world...it's just not really making sense to me...and what's so fun about watching people flash the camera, you know they're going to do it, every episode does it, it's no big surprise, it's really no bid deal, people due it to get noticed, but getting noticed in such a way is a horrible way to get noticed..and plus, it's censored on television anyway, so wth?
  • This show is garbage. Actually, I want to use a much stronger word, but I can't.

0.0
    Jerry Springer is bogus jerk who should be locked up in jail and they should throw away the key. This man is a piece of garbage, a sleazeball, a schister and everything else in between. He is also a left-wing, Bush-hating megalomaniac who should never have been a dogcatcher, much less the mayor of Cincinnati. How can people be so stupid? This guy is trashier than any landfill and ought to be buried underneath all of the filth that he has put out in his lifetime.
  • One word that best describes this show...

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
  • Can somebody explain to me why this is still on? This show deserves to get canceled and should have been years ago.

Many genres of TV have shows that are at the bottom of the barrel, and this show is definitely at the bottom of the barrel for talk shows. The Jerry Springer Show is about couples going onto a show and talk about their troubled marriage or unwanted pregnancies. Jerry is by far the worst consultant for people ever. He constantly badgers the people on this show and make them feel even worse. The audience is no better and urge the guests to fight for their own amusement, they don't care at all about how hurt a person is, they just want a fight. They even add special effects for when a fight is about to happen. I also hate how this show has to constantly use foul language. I am not against it at all, but when 95% of the show's dialogue is curse words then it really ruins it. The show constantly also uses that little beeping sound for a bad word, but with how many bad words this show has, it might as well be not used at all. I am surprised the machine hasn't broke yet from the constant overuse of it. This show is also completely staged, Nothing is real at all, and nobody really acts like this at all. There is no shock to the show and it's so over the top, and not in a good way at all. I just hope Jerry Springer realizes this show's days are done and numbered because nobody is really watching this and are trying to get this show off the air. This is a sing Jerry, stop making this show. It is wretched trash TV that has no value at all. I just also wonder why the head of whatever network this show is now on now has had the heart to stop this show and never allow it to air again. This is shockingly bad and utterly awful and a complete disgrace to TV, and should get canceled or never get made in the first place.
  • This is the Worst Show Ever made, Seriously.

My 16th review after "Robot Chicken".

oh my god! NO!!!! NOT THE PAIN!!! NOT THE PAIN, YOW!!!!!!
    This has got to be the worst show ever created of ALL time!!! Only foul-mouths would watch this garbage. The way they fight is sooooo fake! They keep on cursing with beep sounds and it's really annoying. I abousuluoty hate this piece of rotten garabge. This show is Abousuloty gonna get a F--.
    Here the results:

Voice-acting: F--0.5/10.0 Their voices are beyond worthless!

Sound: F-- 0.2/10.0 Beep, beep, beep again, and beep again. Really annoying!!!

Dialouge: F-- 0.0/10.0 Horrbile! They curse every 3 seconds litterlay!

Grapihcs: D-- 4.0/10.0 The only better part in this Appaling show.

Lasting Appeal: F-- 0.0/10.0 What the *beep* Were they thinking when they thought of this foul-mouthed show back in 1991?!?!?

Overall: F-- 1.0/10.0 This show is beyond Appaling!!! I wanted to give a 0.0 but stupid tv.com's system won't let me vote Lower then a 1.0!!!! This show is a million times worst then any other stupid shows, like Barney and friends, Teletubbies, Boohbah, and even Mr. meaty!!! Go watch something else beside this Foul-mouthed garbage!!!
  • Jerry Jerry Jerry

the biggest thing to happen on trash tv and the funniest thing to happen on trash tv. a show that is as low class. people who call this mindless dribble should really develop a sense of humor.funny a several ocasions with stupid imbred families, pregnant 10 year old in the audience and a fat lesbian plus midgets with no legs that has to a circus act right. Jerry is the best and funny at what he does exposing white trash on his show with humorous punch line.i love this and all of it trashy humor and bad topic jerry keep doing what your doing
  • Although they cuss and all those things that little kids won't be able to watch this show is decent.

Y'know it was funny when Dr. Evil and Scott Evil were on the show. And Dr. Evil kept on punching the KKK member and then punched Jerry Springer. It's a show that'll make you say oh my gosh! or what the heck? I on the other hand never want to be on this show unless I want to beat up people. Or feel very angry. I don't even want to be in the audience 'cause I could get in the way of a brawl. Although this show will probably never be the greatest show and will never be a family show still it should be known for all the foul mouths, brawls, etc.
  • Excellent in its foolishness!

The Jerry Springer Show is unbelievably foolish but oh so real! Jerry must be doing something very right because the show has been on for the last 15 years! That's a lot longer than some of the 'tamer' shows with their fully clothed guests sitting calmly in their chairs. The show has no intellectual merit whatsoever, but where else can you see and hear cousins, brothers and sisters having sex together and fighting each other to see who would win the 'prize'? Only on Jerry! The show is what it is, a piece of crap, but no one does it better!
  • The Jerry Springer Show is completed acted, in some episodes you can tell that the people have just put on a different accent, clothes and given a different name. Nonetheless this is a funny show about serious issues that could happen in the real world.

If you've watch Maury, The Steve Wilkos Show (used to be a security guy on The Jerry Springer Show for those that don't know) or Trisha Goddard, then you've probably watched this. This show like the ones I've mentioned are about a presenter, and they bring people out on stage to get them to deal with their problems. On this show it is usually anything, it can be transexuals or red head games, it's never the same thing and is generally random.

This is where the problems hit. You might recognize a particular actor/actress from a previous episode, they just put on another accent, different clothes and maybe some lipstick. You can still tell it's them. This is also a good point, the actors/actresses play their parts very well, and are very convincing.

The sound FX guy is quite good in timing the sound, the entries are spot on but as for other sound effects they add the humour needed. The jokes are quite funny anyhow, Jerry comes out with some witty comebacks every now and then.

The jokes can sometimes be the problem, I mean in some episodes there is soo much swearing, the programmers have bleeped it out so you can't even tell what they are saying at some points. There always seems to be fights in the episodes, no one seems to act civil. I know this is only acting but it wouldn't hurt for just a couple of episodes where no one fights really?

There usually is a little explanation of what the episode was about at the end of the show by Jerry himself, and these all reflect the real world. It can happen in the world, they just act it out as in what would they be like if it did. It's fairly informative but not as much as Maury or Jeremy Kyle.

Overall The Jerry Springer Show is funny unintentionally, however it isn't as good as The Jeremy Kyle Show, Trisa Goddard, Maury or The Steve Wilkos Show. If you are unsure about the shows I've named, watch this first then watch the ones I've mentioned, you'll notice the difference in them.
  • Funny to watch ...

Its funny to watch these people make fools of theirselves. People come on the show, tell their secrets about them having sex with their sister or whatever and they argue. Why not just settle it at home? When they bring it on TV, they are kind of embarassing theirselves. Its for mostly teenager and adults. Kids shouldnt watch it because of the *censored* parts and cursing every 5 seconds. Sometimes, the topics are dull and other times its kind of exciting. Overall, you should watch a few episodes of Jerry Springer instead of one and see what you think about it.
  • Total Crap! Why do I keep watching it?

For some bizzare reason I find myself enjoying this. I mean I shouldn't but I do!

There is a lot of debate whether the people on this show are actors or not, but one things for sure they are anything but ordinary!

I love the look on peoples faces when someone they were with tells them they are seeing someone else or in some cases "something" else. For some reason they seem incredibly shocked, but what would you expect when your asked to go on the Jerry Springer show!!!

Sometimes I can't understand how Jerry can keep such a straight face when there are some real wackos that come on the show!
  • You have to understand what this show is about...

It's about entertainment, it's just that simple, most people take it far to serious, most of the people on that show are either crazy, or they just acting through it all the way, but in the end it's entertainment, and i for 1 think it's pretty good, yes it's cheap, extremely cheap infact, but whenever i watched it i got a laugh out of it.
  • If you want drama, you got it!

This show to me, is about hype, energy, and DRAMA. It gets old, people lie, people are disgusting, and Jerry has to deal with these people everyday. He does change a few lives here and there, but I think this show is a big turn off as a viewer. Sad, but true, the world has so many issues. This talk show is more like a scream show because the people that go on here don't even listen to Jerry. Weird.
  • Fights, sex, and drama-rama!

Springer is what it is. You either love it or hate it. If could be any more staged, I am sure they would find a way to do so. It is trash that is like a car wreck: you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself. Let's face it, a lot of people find it amusing to watch trashy people beat the living daylights out of each other for sleeping with their mate or what have you. I used to watch it when I was younger, but now I find it pathetic.

I recently glanced at an episode that had two midget men fighting with their shirts off. I felt terrible for watching this, and ever felt like the men were being a little exploited. Reality set in when I told myself that this is what they signed up for.

Maybe I am getting old, but I can remember when Jerry had shows that weren't intended to start a fight. I can remember Jerry talking to kids on the streets and reuniting loved ones. Apparently, this is not what America wanted to see. We would rather watch people duke it out and gag at incestuous relationships. Hey! Jerry is human and is just trying to make money. Can't really hate him for that.
  • Audience

3.5
    The audience is the greatest entertainment of the whole show and I really would like for them to be able to express themselves longer. Just having a few questions from them (or sometimes none) just doesn't make the show worth watching. Why does Jerry offer final thoughts also? No one that appears on his show really listens to him, they really could care less. Please let the audience become more involved than you have been doing.
  • 30 minutes of trashy people, doing what trashy people do.

1.6
    I remember there being a time when Jerry Springer wasn't just a show about transgendered lovers and their love triangles with deranged pyscho paths right out of the trailor park. I don't even bother giving this show a chance anymore when I'm channel surfing. This show might be entertaining for someone under the age of 15 who still finds this kind of stuff amusing but for the adult crowd I wouldn't reccomend it. All I can hope for is that this show will FINALLY get retired so better, more worthwhile shows can have a chance to shine in it's place. Simply for the fact that this show USED to be good, I'll give it 1.0 and an extra 0.6 for the fact that I'm surprised it's still on the air.
  • To see people told that someone they care about is sleeping around,a hooker, or any variety of secrets, this show might be for you. If you like to see people beating on each other, showing bare breasts, shaking private parts, etc., just tune in.

1.5
    The Jerry Springer show is about a lot of dysfunctional people going on national tv to disclose heartbreaking secrets to people who care about them. Why someone would go on that show, knowing what goes on amazes me. There is always fighting, hair pulling, and chair throwing. The audience is as bad, with women wanting to dance on the pole and show their breasts on tv.It makes you wonder if these people are for real or have been paid somehow to act in such a shabby way. The only highlight of the show is when Jerry sums up what has happened at the end. It seems like he is perplexed why people would want to hurt the people they once loved and especially on national tv. It makes me wonder if the people on his show actually get what he is telling them or if it goes over their heads.
  • Okay, I give this a 1.5 ONLY because it provides mild entertainment. Just a thought- HOW STAGED CAN YOU GET??? NO ONE really does this stuff. They're all paid actors I'll bet!

1.5
    It's to out there to be true. This is SO FAKE it's hilarious. Some of the stories are believable, but the MAJORITY is STUPID and FAKE. I don't even know why you want to watch this show other than the mild staged humor and entertainment. I mean, there's a fistfight in EVERY episode! Someone flashes the audience in EVERY episode, usually multiple times. It's so fake it's sad. How can we sink so low to think of this as entertainment? It's not entertainment. It's not worth a second of your time. Just change the channel. That's all I have to say--just change the channel.
  • My first question when I watched this show for the first and very last time; \\\"Who thought of this...trash\\\"??? I had to add the word trash, because this is exactly what I think of the Jerry Springer Show! It took no talent, no brains to thi

1.3
    The Webster Dictionary states: a moron is a defective person having a mental capacity equivalent to that of a normal 8 to 12 year old; a stupid person. I may beg to differ with the \\\"equivalent of an 8 to 12 year old\\\". There are some children in that age range who are quite mature and intelligent for their age!

Now for an adult from age 18-100 to watch the Jerry Springer Show, that would put them in the catagory of a moron!! Stupid and void of understanding or intelligence.
    It\\\'s a great possibility that you\\\'re brain is made of mush and \\\"slick as glass\\\". My daughter\\\'s science teacher told their class one day, that some of the students had no creases in their brain tissue and because of their lack of understanding or intelligence, their brain tissue was that slick!

Watching the Jerry Springer show is a waste of precious time, and LIFE!!
  • The Jerry Springer Show is a show which involves couples fighting because someone was unfaithful to the other. The show is famous for the brawls and disputes.

The show has really no purpose in the world of television. This show is tenstorone pumped because the fights usally involve girls fighting, which obviously arouses male viewers. Also WHO would want to have their relationship exploited on tv. If you need help go to a professional. But apparentlty violence seems to be the only answer. The show follows the same pattern and has no change. Its always the same process, one person comes on and tells about their problem then its 20 min of just spewing swear words and brawling. It essentially adds up to watching 1 hour of street fights on youtube except not as exciting. This also gives the US a bad name. There are other people who hate the Jerry Springer Show and has very good reasons. There are many good Americans who defineatly disagree with this show. Also when it comes to the questions and answers, its not questions, its insults to the person. So there is no reason to come to the Jerry Springer Show to solve your relationship problems, it just makes them worse and people get entertained out of their misery, as well as the couples who are actually step brother and sister or somthing simillar to that. Jerry Springer Show is mindless and is definatly a waste of time. But if you enjoy pointless violence and peoples miserable relations as well as cat fights, then you are welcome to watch it. But if you have common sense then watch somthing else and push yourself to avoid this show.
  • This show is a journey to hell. The hell for very very very very very very very bad bad bad bad TV series. This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Well erase "one of" and the "s" at the end of show. And Just call it the worst

"Jerry Springer" is the popular (unfortunately) syndicated TV series. "Jerry Springer" is a talk show that focuses on Jerry Springer trying to resolve the problems of dysfunctional families. Sounds good for a talk show especially if you have a politician like Jerry Springer hosting it.

"Jerry Springer" is very bad because it's inhuman. Because some of the episodes like "I married a horse" or any other episode are so unrealistic. Jerry is suppose to help families with their problems but, he just worsens the problem. I felt like vomiting because of how inappropriate this is. This deserves a TV MA rating than a TV 14 rating. A matter of fact, this show shouldn't be viewed by anyone. It's too inappropriate for teens 14 and under and too stupid for anyone 18 and over. "Jerry Springer" has nothing good in it. It's a show that deserves a zero but I can't do it in here. I have one thing to say here: I hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated this god awful show. "Jerry Springer" should have gotten cancelled on the first episode. If god was a critic (maybe he is or not), he would strike down anyone associated with this show. "Jerry Springer" is god awful. The worst show ever made. This is an insult to mankind.
  • One word: Discraseful.

This show is completely and utterly horrid. I can't stand this show, all that scumbag Jerry springer does is bringing in those poor people who are sitting there being humiliated on national TV. They don't know what's best for themselves, and Mr. Springer takes advantage of them to lift ratings! He should be ashamed of himself, and in my opinion he is a national plague. The only reason people watch this is so they and their small minds can sit there and laugh of the "losers" on the show, so that they can feel better about themselves. Petty! NBC, do us all a favor: take this s**t of the air.
  • Jerry Springer's show is just stupid

I don't understand how people can watch Jerry Springer all the time. It's a tasteless, disgusting, moronic show. There's nothing you could possibly learn by watching this show unless you want to learn how to flash body parts so you can get beads. Yeah, that's something the whole world needs to learn. It's a perverted show and it's one of the dumbest shows on the air. I wonder where they get the people that they have on the show? They couldn't pay me enough to act that stupid on TV. What's scary is that some people believe all the things they see on the show and they don't realize it's all a gimmick. I think this is one show people need to stop watching unless you want your brain to rot.
< 1 2 3 4