The Jetsons

Jetsons: The Movie

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Jul 06, 1990 on ABC

7.6
  • A sad farewell to Mel Blanc as well as to many of the originals who made "The Jetsons" a memorable series.

This big-screen adaptation of "The Jetsons" may have been a test to see if a third "Jetsons" installment--"Super Jetsons"--could be launched on television by Hanna-Barbera. Unfortunately, those plans never materialized. What we're left is simply a long, drawn-out episode of what life might be like if the Jetsons actually had to leave Orbit City and find life in a remote galaxy. I automatically subtracted one point because of Tiffany replacing Janet Waldo as the voice of Judy Jetson; this is an otherwise well-produced movie that will leave me looking forward to another big-screen adaptation that is tentatively scheduled for next year (the Jetsons' 50th anniversary).
  • George is promoted to vice-president of Spacely's outer space asteroid mining facility where he moves the family as he begins his new job in space.

"The Jetsons Movie"

George is promoted to vice-president of Spacely's outer space asteroid mining facility where he moves the family as he begins his new job in space. They're not too thrilled as they have to move away from home from their friends. But the family meet new friends and robots to ease things along. As for George, his new position leads to jeopardy as the mining facility is repeatedly sabotaged. But the reason for this may lead to more danger if the mining works aren't stopped.

This changed everything I felt about The Jetsons! The animation was beautifully done. A little ruff in the outline, but nicely done. The Jetsons are legendary and will forever be a 10/10.