The Jetsons

ABC (ended 1987)

TVvuer69

User Score: 1901

The Jetsons Fan Reviews (47)

• Classssic and fantastic!

They have a lot of random wacky moments on this show... the cartoon characters have really nice voiceovers, it's a family and kid type of show, and life in space. Out of this world!
  • this was a goodish show. but it was going downhill. and fast.

7.4
    this show was really not something i begged my mom and dad to watch. but i watched it anyway. the robots were a good part of that show and they were funny in my opinion. but there was also the dogwalking tredmill things. those were funny too. it would also be cool to have a car like that. yup coolcar.
  • Any fan of animation will love The Jetsons.

7.8
    Hanna Barbara has made many classic shows and The Jetsons is one of their best. After the The Flintstones became a hit show the Jetsons popped up on screen. The formula for the Jestsons is quite similar to the Fintstones. There is a family unit with the comic father who has a hard time at work. In many ways though The Jetsons were ahead of their time and they did not know it. The animators place giant flat screen televisions in their home and large speaker systems. When they first did this it seemed futuristic and far away. Thirty years later this fantasy idea became reality. You will have fun though watching George,Jane, Elroy, Judy, and Astro on their fun adventures.
  • the jetsons a really cool space age family .

the jetsons was a show that took place in the future with flying cars and robots that would do anything for you and it was about a family that lived in the future and the family was the jetsons who were george jane judy and elroy and they had a dog and they had a robot maid named rosie. the kids would get into trouble and the adventures were cool . it makes you think what would life be like if we had all that stuff. it was a good show and it had some comedy to it and i enjoyed that i was made due to the sucess they had with the flintstones.
  • Good characters, fun stories, and a great theme song

The Jetsons was, basically, The Flintstones in space. Of course, The Flintstones was just The Honeymooners in the Stone Age.

What the Jetsons did it did well. It was a family sitcom set in the distant future. The character designs were crisp and clean.

My favorite character were the hapless George and the plucky Elroy. Although I was also a fan of the non-human characters Rosie the Robot and the dog Astro.

One thing The Jetsons did have was a strong bad guy to play off -- George Jetson's boss, Mr. Spacely. Mr. Spacely was a diminutive bully and a great foil for George to fight with.

Like almost all great cartoons, The Jetsons had a catchy theme tune that has survived the decades. Good characters, fun stories, and a great theme song. The result is a cartoon that's lasted over 40 years
  • At the time, this show was a modern step into the future of the cartoon world!

Now today, this cartoon seems dated, but still the whole family can enjoy its never ending backgrounds as characters run, and 2D style drawings. The sound quality was good and plots were good at the time, and still are. The modern family of the Jetsons stunned viewers in the past with its modern ideas, and now it seems cheesey. It's a show that can't offend, so its safe for kids and all. Many people will enjoy remembering back of the times they watched thsi show, and huddled up around the tube. Would not blame you, still a good show to watch once in awhile.
  • This show is great a wonderful classic.

This show is great a wonderful classic.

I not sure want else to write down here but other to say the Jetsons was a great show.

• One of the best!

The Jetsons were supposed to be the futuristic answer to The Flintstones.

I know many kinds in the 60s had to of thought that the future was going to be like this show, because I know my brother and I sure did (we grew up in the 80s)!

It's an overall wonderful series. It's funny, very well made, and it for the entire family. Who could ask for more?
  • Ha Ha get it? before my time!

Well I like the Jetsons but let me tell you, the music in the show besides the theme song sucks. seriously I can't stand it! it's like the most annoying stuff on earth! furthermore this over the Flintstones? WHAT!? The Flintstones was much better than this! I think that it was funny and had a good perspective on making fun of the challenges that we have in modern times and makin them better for the future.
  • I really want one of those cars!

The Jetsons, what is not to love? I did not get into this one until I was a little older! I would watch and think how cool it would be to have all that neat stuff. A truly great show and I do believe it was ahead of its time.

A catchy theme song and I always thought the animation was great! Do you ever think we will have cars that fly? And where can I pick up a Rosie, one of those would be great.

Overall I liked this cartoon! I can’t seem to find it anymore, but I will keep looking
  • Who else thought this would be the future?

Okay, so when I watched this show when I was little, I totally believed that I would one day live in a future very, very similar to the Jetsons' life.

Everything seemed so advanced and super high-tech that I didn't realize how, well, dated the show actually was. The whole futuristic family was really--as is completely obvious now--the family of the 1960s. Despite the gizmos, they were completely quaint and nuclear. And even the gizmos were usually clunky industrial-style products; the Jetsons lived largely without computers, aside from the massive RUDI mainframe above George's desk at work. Very intriguing, in retrospect.
  • This show is awesome!!!

The Jetsons is just an amazing show! It shows how we would live in the future with all the cool technolgy, like how they have robot maids... How cool would that be! i love this show pretty much because of the dog Astro. Astro is just a dog who gets into troubble. George on the other hand is a overworked bussiness man. His boss Mr. Spacley is always nasty to George. Overal the Jetsons is a overal really good show and they definitly need to bring back some of the classics and maybe add on to the Jetson series and make more episodes.
  • I loved this show as a kid, but I guess I watched more 80s ones than 60s ones. I guess that\'s why I prefer the episodes from 1984-1987 more.

This show used to come on Nickelodeon in the morning when I was little, and I think it used to be on at night. (I really don\'t remember what channel it was on, actually). And I remember it was always the 1980s episodes. When I saw the early 60s ones, I really wasn\'t wild about it, because it didn\'t have that \"watching it in the afternoon\" feeling to it, like an episode from 1984 or 1985. But there are a few episodes that I like from there. \"Rosie the Robot,\" \"Uniblab,\" \"The Little Man,\" and \"Elroy\'s TV show.\"

Maybe if they had aired more 1960s ones, then I\'d like them both as much. But overall, this show is good, no matter what season.
  • A Great Classic

The Jetsons is a cool and funny T.V. show. It's one of the Good ol' Hanna Barbara cartoons. It's not as good as SOME Hanna Barbara ones but it's still great. That is the reason why I gave it a 8.5. It's one of the popular old cartoons and is really funny. What annoys me a lot is when they make those newer movies about cartoons like these 10-20 years later that don't have the same goodness of the original. All of the original old cartoons are the best. The movie is a kin-dove good example for this but the live action Scooby-Doo movies are a better example. This cartoon is great,fun,and good for the whole family. Go Hanna Barbara!!!!!!!!!
  • My favorite show currently on Boomerang.

I haven't had many opportunities to watch this show. I watched it more growing up and I loved it. I've only watched it a handfull of times in the past five years or so. The characters, from what I remember, are good. George is the father of the household and is your average dad. He kind of worries about too many things, and usually gets put in situations where he puts his job security at risk. He was married to Jane, who was a decent mother. Their first child was a girl named Judy, who according to the opening credits, liked shopping and money. I might not get along with her if she was a real life person. Then you had their little son named Elroy, who was a pretty good son, and I liked him. Astro was the dog who was more sensitive than your average dog. George's boss, Mr. Spacely was a good guy, too, but in his form of acting, not in general. He was always yelling at George, and firing him nearly every other episode it seemed.
  • classic cartoon about 21 century

Lol, I can`t even remember how old I was when I watched this cartoon all the time. Nice show about 21 century family the Jetsons. Like in any family there are drama, laughs, argues, actions, happiness and sadness. They also have a dog and a alien pet from other planet. Thats a little bit funny. All the futuristic stuff the have make me laugh and make me also want these things. About the show it is really a classic and it is underappreciated. The family adventures are fascinating and interesting, but these are me thoughts when I was a little boy.
  • They just don't make 'em like this anymore

While I'm not that old (30), it feels like forever since there's been a wide selection of quality cartoons on TV. Take The Jetsons for instance. The writers' didn't seem to be in a contest to see who could write the dumbest script or teach kids the worst habits. None of the characters scream & yell in an outrageous fashion.

While I can't speak on the 80's episodes, with them not being avalible on Boomerang or DVD, each 60's plot was smart and, more importantly, had comedy that appealed to kids & adults. George was more relatable than probably any other father on TV; always worrying about his wife's & daughter's spending & keeping his job with an overbearing (if, in this case, likeable) boss as well as not being able to understand the newest gadgets. And then of course, there's the second funniest canine in history, Astro. Pure classic.
  • A Classic show in cartoon history.

This was indeed a great show that I truly enjoyed and George was funny in many things and his boss was even funnier because he used to make his work and I always think of his work as hardwork. Also I liked his dog because it used to talk and all his funny jokes were the best and where they live I also like it because the future is cool. Also his son Elroy used to play basketball at school and I really liked to see him played it because he played really good. The episodes of this show were great ones and their adventures in the future were simply good ones.
  • wehen i wsa about 5 or 6 years old i seen this show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wehen i wsa about 5 or 6 years old i seen this show about 3 times before i seen the movie i seen the movie about 5 times then i had hated the movie then when i was thinkin i said i remanber the jetsons why don't they put them back on the tv then about a week later it was on teletoon and i give this a 8.7 cuz of how good the show gose and sometimes i get a bit bornd of the show that is why it dose not get the other 1.3 but that is good a 8.7 so see this show about 3 times then give your make go to teletoon to see it
  • The Jetsons is a show that will be remembered as a classic, like the Flintstones.

This show depicted life in the future, like the opposite of The Flintstones. It was based around one family, The Jetsons. George Jetson, the man that works for Spacely Sprockets. Jane is his wife that does work around the house. Elroy is their son, and Judy is their daughter. Rosie is the robot that helps Jane around the house, and Astro is the Jetsons family dog.

This was and is still a great show, but The Flintstones is better, IMO. It is a funny show, too. The plot is very great and original, and I think this show helped to influence Futurama, another show based in the future. They had some good voice actors and characters, too. The storyline kept developing too, which was also great. Overall, a great show.
    8.8/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.

• Future!

Various ep (10)
  • It could same the same formula as the Flintstones but.

Not only the issue is Judy's white hair. But other characters need to be addressed. 1 Rosie the Robot why she only appeared 2 times in the 1962 series? Also why does Astro keep changing body positions? But this show is a still classic. 92/100 Awesome.
  • Classic cartoon I would like my kids to watch.

I grew up watching this classic show and wanting one of the cars!
    I love the older cartoons rather than the ones that are around today. They seem so innocent and simple but still highly entertaining.
    Jane, Elroy, Astro and George Jetson were my favorites.
    Hanna-Barbera cartoons stand out from the rest!
  • Classic animated television series featuring the Jetson family. A very underappreciated television show.

Another classic animated show about a family. This one is set in the future. Some of the things that were featured in the show are beginning to come to life. They featured a telephone system that had video of the person you were talking to. You can do things like that now on the internet and cell phones.

This show is a classic. If you have never seen it, watch it.
  • A classic cartoon that I still can't help watching when I see it.

I started watching The Jetsons in the 90's, when I was about five and I can still remember singing along to the theme song when it came on and yelling whenever someone changed the channel or turned it off. This classic cartoon was too good to miss and I always looked forward to Mr Spacely's newest scheme and to see what mess George was going to get into. The lines were awesome and out of this world and the gadgets were items that everyone wanted to have. I mean, who wouldn't want a converyor belt to travel everywhere on? I wish they still made cartoons like this as I cannot stand to watch a lot of the garbage cartoons that are aired on tv now. Long live The Jetsons!
  • I love the Jetsons. It was a comedy scifi series back in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. It was cool because Mr. Spacely would always use his famous words at George: Jetson, you're fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But putting all joking aside, it was a

cool show. It showed what the future looked like. As a kid, I remember watching the Jetsons. It was my favorite. So Geroge gets fired by Mr. Spacely all the time for accidently goofing around. The show had a huge audience, and a movie was produced. I can't remember what the movie is about, but let's just say it was a classic. So if you watch the Jetsons, then prepared to see George get fired by Mr. Spacely. It is a cool show and I would recomend that the company that produced the Jetsons, release the last 2 seasons of the Jetsons on DVD in the near future. I gurantee people will buy them on DVD.

This was a classic animated television series featuring the Jetson family. and it was a very underappreciated television show.

• A great cartoon that had some great concepts that have come true.

A great cartoon that had some great concepts that have come true. It is a classic cartoon featuring the Jetson family. This was a very underappreciated television show. This was another classic animated show about a family. This one was set in the future. Some of the things that were featured in the show are beginning to come to life. They featured a telephone system that had video of the person you were talking to. That can be done now on the internet and cell phones. The family was headed by George Jetson, the husband/father. His wife’s name was Jane and they had two children Judy and Elroy. The family was filled out by their dog Astro (who could talk) and a robot maid that was a big help to everyone. Very funny, wish it could be duplicated.
  • FUNNY bring it back NOW!!!!!!!!!!

This show was funny and perfect for a Family to watch just like the simpsons and the flintstones. It is about a family that lives in the future. They have funny days and funny days at work. It is kind of like the average 60's times. You had to go to work, face your annoying go-for-saken boss. Go home and kiss your wife who has been slaving over a hot stove and cleaning all day, and then watching TV. A very very funny show indeed.
  • With the success of The Flintstones, the modern Stone Age family, Hanna-Barbera decided to make a similar family cartoon, but set in their vision of the Space Age in the 21st century.

"The Jetsons"

With the success of The Flintstones, the modern Stone Age family, Hanna-Barbera decided to make a similar family cartoon, but set in their vision of the Space Age in the 21st century. This new series that debuted September 23, 1962 became The Jetsons. Set mainly in sky-high Orbit City, the show featured the family of George Jetson, Jane, his wife, their daughter Judy, and son Elroy living the average life in the future with flying space cars, instant transport tubes, and various robots and gadgets than can get their work done for them in a matter of seconds.

This was a proud series for me and I'd would like to say great work Hannah-Barbera! You did good.
< 1 2