The Jetsons

ABC (ended 1987)

TVvuer69

User Score: 1901

The Jetsons Fan Reviews (47)

• this show is awsom meet gorge jetson his boy elroy duaghter judy jane his wife a true classic

an awsome show i bought the dvd and i was so hooked i bought boomerang on my satilit
    hanaa barberaa are the best jetson RULE
    they are too cool i love them the flintstons r cool to so buy the dvd or wach boomarang
    so in conclusion i have 3 words best show ever
  • bring it back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a great show they should a have kept it on catoonnetwork i woke up early on a satrday just to watch it but now we have to get boomrang just to watch it its a out rage i love the jetsons so what if that show was ment to be the view of 2000 i still like it when they stoped showing it i was :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{
  • My favorite show currently on Boomerang.

I haven't had many opportunities to watch this show. I watched it more growing up and I loved it. I've only watched it a handfull of times in the past five years or so. The characters, from what I remember, are good. George is the father of the household and is your average dad. He kind of worries about too many things, and usually gets put in situations where he puts his job security at risk. He was married to Jane, who was a decent mother. Their first child was a girl named Judy, who according to the opening credits, liked shopping and money. I might not get along with her if she was a real life person. Then you had their little son named Elroy, who was a pretty good son, and I liked him. Astro was the dog who was more sensitive than your average dog. George's boss, Mr. Spacely was a good guy, too, but in his form of acting, not in general. He was always yelling at George, and firing him nearly every other episode it seemed.
  • the jetsons a really cool space age family .

the jetsons was a show that took place in the future with flying cars and robots that would do anything for you and it was about a family that lived in the future and the family was the jetsons who were george jane judy and elroy and they had a dog and they had a robot maid named rosie. the kids would get into trouble and the adventures were cool . it makes you think what would life be like if we had all that stuff. it was a good show and it had some comedy to it and i enjoyed that i was made due to the sucess they had with the flintstones.
  • Classssic and fantastic!

They have a lot of random wacky moments on this show... the cartoon characters have really nice voiceovers, it's a family and kid type of show, and life in space. Out of this world!
  • About a family living in the future and they're adventures.

This is such a good show. I love it. The Jetsons is such a classic cartoon that has been around such a long time. The Jetsons is about a family living in the future. George Jetson is the father of 2. He is married to Jane, now Jane Jetson. Jane Jetson is the mother who is married to George. Judy Jetson goes to Orbit High School and knows how to drive a spaceship. Elroy Jetson is the brother who goes to elementary school. Lastly there's Astro Jetson, the hilarious family dog. Overall I give the Jetsons a 10. It's been around so long. Watch this show!!!
  • A classic cartoon that I still can't help watching when I see it.

I started watching The Jetsons in the 90's, when I was about five and I can still remember singing along to the theme song when it came on and yelling whenever someone changed the channel or turned it off. This classic cartoon was too good to miss and I always looked forward to Mr Spacely's newest scheme and to see what mess George was going to get into. The lines were awesome and out of this world and the gadgets were items that everyone wanted to have. I mean, who wouldn't want a converyor belt to travel everywhere on? I wish they still made cartoons like this as I cannot stand to watch a lot of the garbage cartoons that are aired on tv now. Long live The Jetsons!
  • I love the Jetsons. It was a comedy scifi series back in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. It was cool because Mr. Spacely would always use his famous words at George: Jetson, you're fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But putting all joking aside, it was a

cool show. It showed what the future looked like. As a kid, I remember watching the Jetsons. It was my favorite. So Geroge gets fired by Mr. Spacely all the time for accidently goofing around. The show had a huge audience, and a movie was produced. I can't remember what the movie is about, but let's just say it was a classic. So if you watch the Jetsons, then prepared to see George get fired by Mr. Spacely. It is a cool show and I would recomend that the company that produced the Jetsons, release the last 2 seasons of the Jetsons on DVD in the near future. I gurantee people will buy them on DVD.
  • A Great Classic

The Jetsons is a cool and funny T.V. show. It's one of the Good ol' Hanna Barbara cartoons. It's not as good as SOME Hanna Barbara ones but it's still great. That is the reason why I gave it a 8.5. It's one of the popular old cartoons and is really funny. What annoys me a lot is when they make those newer movies about cartoons like these 10-20 years later that don't have the same goodness of the original. All of the original old cartoons are the best. The movie is a kin-dove good example for this but the live action Scooby-Doo movies are a better example. This cartoon is great,fun,and good for the whole family. Go Hanna Barbara!!!!!!!!!
  • The Best Thing About The Jetsons--Believe It Or Not--The Villains!

When The Jetsons were brought back with new episodes in the 1980s, they actually introduced viewers with plots that could have been straight out of the 1960s Batman TV series. Villains such as the nefarious Solareeni; Mangler Mars; the Jupiter Juggernaut; the Tiny Terror and Skata Hara made the stories quite interesting. I only wish Knuckles Nuclear and Mugsy Megaton could have been brought back for the new installments.
  • CLASSIC!

Just like, it's Stone-Age counterparts in Bedrock. The Jetsons are CLASSIC.
  • 21st Century:)So classy:)

Gosh...The Jetsons...When it first released in one of our TV channel my mom told me that i have to watch it...Well i was just 8-9 maybe-not sure about that one-And when i first watched it...i was OBSESSED:)It was so funny and the funniest thing was it was telling a story about a family who lives in the 21st century...Well wait a minute don't we live in that century?

Well i was clever enough to think about it...=)In the show it was all telling about the machines and robots which decides the direction of our lifes but it is not the same down here...-i remember i thought like this maybe the words were not like that but im sure they were similar=)

Then my little brother started to watch it and we-whole family-watched that show al together when we were having breakfast=)(im not sure which time did it revealed in U.S.A but in turkey it was the time of breakfast or it was at 5.00pm)And now i understand that The JETSONS are a show that noone can forget and CAN't have fun=)
  • Bring It Back!

This show was so good, that they brought back it again in the 80s. I liked it then, since the '62 one was old and boring.

This show was just like a Family Show. They had Family Show-like music playing sometimes. And not only did the show get better, they also had more characters. RUDI was Spacely Sprocket's Computer, and there was Henry, Rosie, DI-DI, The Reminder, The Cogswell Cogs Robot, Henry's Robot (I forgot his name.) and Orbitey, and Rosey.

They even made "Jetsons The Movie", and "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones". And appeared in a number of commercials, and in commercials such as Radio Shack, and in Electrosol commercials, where people competed to find Rosie.
  • With the success of The Flintstones, the modern Stone Age family, Hanna-Barbera decided to make a similar family cartoon, but set in their vision of the Space Age in the 21st century.

"The Jetsons"

With the success of The Flintstones, the modern Stone Age family, Hanna-Barbera decided to make a similar family cartoon, but set in their vision of the Space Age in the 21st century. This new series that debuted September 23, 1962 became The Jetsons. Set mainly in sky-high Orbit City, the show featured the family of George Jetson, Jane, his wife, their daughter Judy, and son Elroy living the average life in the future with flying space cars, instant transport tubes, and various robots and gadgets than can get their work done for them in a matter of seconds.

This was a proud series for me and I'd would like to say great work Hannah-Barbera! You did good.
  • FUNNY bring it back NOW!!!!!!!!!!

This show was funny and perfect for a Family to watch just like the simpsons and the flintstones. It is about a family that lives in the future. They have funny days and funny days at work. It is kind of like the average 60's times. You had to go to work, face your annoying go-for-saken boss. Go home and kiss your wife who has been slaving over a hot stove and cleaning all day, and then watching TV. A very very funny show indeed.
  • Future!

Various ep (10)
  • It could same the same formula as the Flintstones but.

Not only the issue is Judy's white hair. But other characters need to be addressed. 1 Rosie the Robot why she only appeared 2 times in the 1962 series? Also why does Astro keep changing body positions? But this show is a still classic. 92/100 Awesome.
  • Good characters, fun stories, and a great theme song

The Jetsons was, basically, The Flintstones in space. Of course, The Flintstones was just The Honeymooners in the Stone Age.

What the Jetsons did it did well. It was a family sitcom set in the distant future. The character designs were crisp and clean.

My favorite character were the hapless George and the plucky Elroy. Although I was also a fan of the non-human characters Rosie the Robot and the dog Astro.

One thing The Jetsons did have was a strong bad guy to play off -- George Jetson's boss, Mr. Spacely. Mr. Spacely was a diminutive bully and a great foil for George to fight with.

Like almost all great cartoons, The Jetsons had a catchy theme tune that has survived the decades. Good characters, fun stories, and a great theme song. The result is a cartoon that's lasted over 40 years
  • I always couldn't wait for us to live like they do! They were ahead of the times. I sure hope we can have the life like they did.

The Jetsons always had us thinking how we were going to live in the future. I hope we will have some of the things that they had to get them by in life. Their life seemed so simple. I remember wanting a Rosey come clean up after me. I hated doing chores. I like the shower that gave George a nice clean shave every morning. I really wish I had one of those today. I HATE shaving every morning. The way the pills that had everything all in one for food was cool also. I hope we can live as they did!!!
  • A family in the future live their life.

This was one of the main shows I watched as a kid! The best part, in my oppinion, was the begining song! Not only the song, but the whole beginging thing where they all go to school, the mall, and work! That is just so funny! And everyone knows what your talking about when you see it! I also love all the cool devices that they have in the future! They are so cool and the Jetsons don't even pretend like they are something new, which they aren't because they are use to it! But I would defanitly reconmend this show to someone!
  • Awesome.

The Jetsons is about a family who lives in the future. The characters are George, Jane, Judy, Elro, and a dog named Astro. This show was the best in humor. I loved how George would go "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!". That phrase has gone global and is used frequently. This is a kick ass show.
  • The jetsons!

This was a great show it has been years since I have watched it, but it was a great show, I like all of the characters but the main ones I liked where Judy, she was pretty but also funny, elroy, he was just plain funny Rosey, the robot that always had to have everything clean and the dog cant remember his name. I always wondered what the future might look like and the jetsons gave a good perpective on it.
  • Anyone noticed how many things they actually got accurate?

I first discovered The Jetsons when I was 7, and remember how much I loved it then, how funny I thought it was, and how clever all the gadgets were. Then, rediscovering it 10 years later, late night on a cartoons channel has brought about the same things as it had done before - laughter. This says to me that the show is hilarious for any age. Younger children can feel with Elroy's trials of school, and teenage girls can laugh and cry with Judy's boy troubles.

Also, so many of the things that they featured are used - one thing that comes to mind was video phones - does it remind anyone of video conferencing? Not only that, but also things such as robots are becoming more and more common in helping us with our everyday lives.

I think the scripts were wrote brilliantly, and had a brilliant cast to voice the lines. I'd love to see The Jetsons brought back, because I think that even now - it'd be a big hit.
  • I grew up watching this show and I love and miss this show.

I grew up watching the Jetsons and I love and miss this show. I wish it would come on nick, disney channel, cartoonnetwork or abc family. I want kids now days to love the show just like i do. I hope it and The Flintstones come on one of the channels I listed above.
  • I love this cartoon then, now and forever.

I'll admit that the episodes from the 60's were OK, but I'd take Flintstones from the 60's over the Jetsons from the 60's. But when they resurrected The Jetsons in 1985, they were much better. Better story lines, and tighter animation. The characters all remained the same except for George Jetson, who seemed more of a doofus than from in the 60's. His computer at work, Rudy, developed at face and emotions. And the Jetsons welcomed Orbity (a cute little fuzzy alien with coily spring-like legs)asan addition to the family. The Jetsons of the 80's also introduced Georges' father Montahue or Montahugh Jetson. One of Hanna-Barbera's best cartoons. Perfect score!
  • One of the best Cartoon sitcoms I have every seen. It is kind of too bad there is none as great as this show. Maybe there should be a great remake of this show.

This show was really good to watch. I really wish that CN would put this back on air. There is so many crappy shows on the channel these days. This classic would be good to reair or remake to get more of the audience back. I hope I can see the show again someday in the future.
  • The Jetsons have come a long way in cartoon history especially when hanna-barbera decided to have them collide with the flintstones! althogh, i find the jetsons and the flintstones quite equal in my opinion.

my favorite part is when they in a movie together with the flintstones! it shows how the future learns about the past and it also shows how the past learns about the future. i sure wish hanna-barbera would bring this back, atleast the re-runs so everyone can have their memory refreshed.
  • Classic animated television series featuring the Jetson family. A very underappreciated television show.

This was a classic animated television series featuring the Jetson family. and it was a very underappreciated television show.

Another classic animated show about a family. This one is set in the future. Some of the things that were featured in the show are beginning to come to life. They featured a telephone system that had video of the person you were talking to. You can do things like that now on the internet and cell phones.

• A great cartoon that had some great concepts that have come true.

A great cartoon that had some great concepts that have come true. It is a classic cartoon featuring the Jetson family. This was a very underappreciated television show. This was another classic animated show about a family. This one was set in the future. Some of the things that were featured in the show are beginning to come to life. They featured a telephone system that had video of the person you were talking to. That can be done now on the internet and cell phones. The family was headed by George Jetson, the husband/father. His wife’s name was Jane and they had two children Judy and Elroy. The family was filled out by their dog Astro (who could talk) and a robot maid that was a big help to everyone. Very funny, wish it could be duplicated.

This show is a classic. If you have never seen it, watch it.
< 1 2