The Jetsons

Rosey the Robot

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Sep 23, 1962 on ABC

• A good way to start a unique spin on a typical family living in a different time. :idea:

I'm going to be honest here. The only reason I'm reviewing this episode now is because I'm tired of being at the level that I am at right now, so I'm going to review episodes of old shows that I have seen before and boost points up that way. It's shameless, I know. But I've got to earn more points somehow. Anyways, many formula staples of "The Jetsons" get introduced in this episode. Instant meals that come out of a machine, crazy wardrobe malfunctions (not the bad kind), Judy and her eternal quest to find a perfect boyfriend, young smarty-pants Elroy and his ability to answer nearly any and all questions, and Mr. Spacely's rage, irritability and constant knack for firing George Jetson. This series also introduces something that has yet to be duplicated by anyone else! The genius that was both William Hanna and Joseph Barbera created the first robot that not only thought for itself, but was completely kind, trustworthy, honest, and would always lend a helping metal hand to her family. Rosie is a maid, she may have a computer's mind, but she's definitely her own being. She takes no non-sense from intolerant bosses, and has a warm charm that many other robots just can't duplicate. Through sheer luck, determination, and a great skill at cooking, Rosie the Robot becomes a well-welcomed member of the Jetson household and George gets the raise he needs in order to adopt her into the family for the rest of the entire series! This cartoon series is an absolute gem, and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for quality comedy. :idea: Enough said! ;)