The Joy of Painting Forums

PBS (ended 1994)

Cleaning up this show...

derek718

[1]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 11

Hi, I'm Derek...the new editor for The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. I've taken on the task of cleaning up and eventually completing the episode guide for this show. As a fan of the show, I was disappointed that there wasn't a comprehensive episode guide for it on the internet...so I took action. I've already added all the episodes for Seasons 15-20 and I'm currently adding Seasons 21-31. Those will be up within the next couple of weeks or so. After I finish those, I'll begin adding Seasons 1-14, thus completing the guide.

My efforts will clean the guide up a bit and complete the episode guide but I still need your help with the rest. I currently don't have a reliable resource for the air dates of all the episodes. If you have a reliable source for those, please let me know and we can add the air dates. Also, I do intend to write summaries for each episode eventually but it's going to take forever to write summaries for all 403 episodes because I have to watch them. So if you watch an episode, please help out by doing one or more of the following:

-writing an episode summary (just describe the episode...like what he paints and techniques he uses)

-adding quotes from the episode (he says a lot of funny little things)

-adding notes to an episode (for instance, he has some of his pets on the show with him while he paints so you could say something like...Bob's squirrel takes a nap next to the easel in this episode.)

-adding an episode recap (on a pre-existing episode submission, i noticed that for the episode recap someone typed in the paint colors used in that episode. that's a great way to do the recap. see Season 16 Episode 10 for an example)

While I do like leveling up here on TV.com and my contribution points have made me this show's editor, for the most part I'm cleaning up this show just to improve its quality. It's my way of making a tribute to Bob Ross and his wonderful TV program. If you're a fan or someone who just wants to help, contribute something to the show. You can send me a personal message on here if you have any questions or if you just want to let me know you want to help out.

Thanks, Derek

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

derek718

[2]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 11

I finished the Episode Titles for Seasons 15-31. I'll be adding the first 14 seasons this year too. Right now I'm adding Cast & Crew credits and Recaps. The Recaps are going to consist of a list of colors used in each episode. Stay tuned for more developments...

bulge009

[3]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 1

where is the play button to watch these episodes?

thanks

SarahPoole

[4]Apr 11, 2010
    how can i watch an episode of joy of painting

recguru

[5]Jan 1, 2011

BOB ROSS COMPLETE WORKS ON DVD. Is this available in the UK and where would I purchase it from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks