The Judy Garland Show

CBS (ended 1964)

The Judy Garland Show Fan Reviews (2)

7.1
  • The Judy Garland Show is an hour long show with music, comedy, dancing, & song that was broadcast on the CBS network during the 1963 to 1964 TV season. The star, of course, is Judy Garland.

Watching Judy Garland, the genius, is watching someone with real talent. She is so good that she even makes anyone performing with her seem better then they actually are. The guests on this series is a list of "Who's Who," but the main reason for watching is to see Judy Garland - timeless in her talent. These shows are just as great as when they first aired decades ago. Judy gives the same electricity that she does on records, and in movies. She performs with a vitality and energy that is seldom seen in other performers. And that voice - magical, pure, soaring, legendary. The DVD releases are highly recommended and are terrific in picture and sound quality and come with bonus footage.
  • Here's Judy Garland. She sings, she dances, she moves and she just makes you feel alive!

Well... What to say...? Here's a show i discovered not so long ago, when trying to know more about the dramatic life of Judy Garland. Surely, i didn't expect to enjoy it that much! I knew almost nothing about it when, as an impulsive buyer, i purchased the two parts of The Judy Garland Show Collection, released by Pioneer. Watching DVD after DVD, I discovered an amazing show, with incredible singing, true emotions and real fun. Of course, the humor is a bit dated, and some of the guests are - for me- simply annoying, but let's face it, if you watch this show, it's for Judy and Judy only! She's there, she's alive and she surely shows it : she sings, she dances, she moves like she did 20 years before. Yes, there are flaws, after all, she would die a few years after... But it doesn't really matter. You just enjoy the terrific performance and praise the technicians from Pioneer who did such a fantastic job on these shows and gave us the possibility to enjoy them like never before, more than 40 years after their original broadcasting.
    My advice? Get these two box sets while they're still available! And have fun.