The Kennedys Forums

ReelzChannel (Mini-Series 2011)

Airing in the UK

Heather_H

[1]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 35

The Kennedys starts in the UK on Thursday, April 7 at 9pm. It airs on History and History HD, will you be watching?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TracyTrouble

[2]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 10
    Definitely; I want to see what all the uproar was about.

NicolaWalker0

[3]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 2
    yes

thribs

[4]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 8

Just watched it and found it very entertaining. I never knew he ran against the great Richard Nixon.

nikevp9

[5]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 1

I'm facinated by The Kennedy scandals. Joe Kennedy was a bootlegger, John Kennedy had a string of affairs one with Marilyn Monroe, Robert Kennedy had a vendetta against Jimmy Hoffa and wanted him dead, and Edward Kennedy crashes a car at Chappaquiddick whilst drunk, flees the scene leaving a young girl to drown. Hardly family of the year material

FundamentalAmp

[6]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 1

Hi guys, I'm actually working on The Kennedys at the moment, it's really great to see some conversation on here about it!

Thought I'd give you a preview into the next episode ( Thursday at 9pm on HISTORY™ ) for those who'll be watching: while a bad decision brings home the reality of the Presidency for Jack, Bobby starts to flex his muscles as the Attorney General, taking on none other than the Chicago mafia... Joe Sr's influence starts to diminish, while Jack's behaviour puts Jackie in a difficult position...

Hope you enjoy the next one, looking forward to your comments!

Edited on 04/13/2011 2:47am

thribs

[7]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 8

SPOILERS AHEAD

Just watched them all and I never knew that both of the brothers were shot. That took me by surprise.

The series never explained why they were shot. I suppose I could just look it up.

Edited on 04/13/2011 7:16pm

Lady_Lancaster

[8]May 24, 2011
    • level: 41

I consider myself a bit of an 'authority' on the Kennedy family as I studied them and corresponded with them in depth for my PhD. I have seen every mini-series and documentary I could get my hands on and I consider this the second worst of the lot. Yes, quite a bit of it was accurate, but quite a bit more was absolute garbage. I'm not surprised the family were so against it. I felt sorry for Greg Kinnear being in something so third rate. If you are going to spend millions telling a story, please tell it properly and stop leaving huge gaping holes. I know drama is drama but a large number of these people have been mis-represented so often, it would be nice if somebody got it right, particularly given how important the entire family are in American history.

I was disappointed because the scripts were so badly written. There is only so much that actors can do.