The Kennedys

Joe's Revenge

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 03, 2011 on ReelzChannel

7.7
  • Joe Kennedy wants his eldest son, Joe Jnr., to become President of the United States and he intends to make sure that it happens.

4.5
    The biggest problem with this entire mini-series was the constant choping and changing from past to present and back again. One minute we were waiting for the result of the 1960 Presidential Elections, and the next, we are back to the 1930-40s when the world was at war and the two eldest Kennedy sons, Joseph Jnr. and John were enlisted men, both doing their bit for their country. Just in the first episode alone, there were so many changes that it made my head spin. Wouldn't it have been better to have followed a chronological order and done it that way? As it is, several things of great importance are missed out, such as the marriage of Kathleen Kennedy to William Hartington, future Duke of Devonshire, and her death in a plane crash in 1948.

The death of Joe Jnr. was covered, but Rosemary Kennedy, who was born intellectually impaired, was not mentioned. Indeed, the Kennedy girls didn't get a look in, apart from JFK's wife, Jackie, and Bobby's wife, Ethel. If a huge story such as this is being told, it needs to be told properly, not in such a careless fashion.