The Kill Point

Spike TV (Mini-Series 2007)

janKG

The Kill Point Fan Reviews (11)

• Tense, funny, action-packed. Kill Point has everything!

Kill Point is one of the best tv shows I've seen that I could watch again and again. The characters are so well developed and the relationship between Wolf and Cpt. Horst is brilliant. The only bad part is that it is only a mini series so no new series next year :(
    However that might be for the best, its rare that you find a show that in only 8 episodes can have you craving more and there's always the chance that if they produced a new season it wouldn't be quite as good.
    Anyway watch it if you get the chance, all in one go is best!
  • After seeing the trailers for this TV series I decided to investigate as to it's premise, i was surprised to see a TV series made on a bank robbery / hostage situation, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Now before I continue I must point out that the trailers I've seen are advertising this as an up and coming new show to a digital station within the next week ( yes I know it's already been shown in the USA ) so rather than wait I took advantage of the internet and got hold of all 8 episodes.

What first crossed my mind was how are they going to fill 8 one hour ( okay 42 odd minutes without adverts ) episodes on the sole purpose of a bank heist/hostage situ, okay a two hour episode over two nights yes but not 8, however by the end of the first two episodes it became clear that with all the side plot lines and background double dealings this was a real time 24 esq. Mini-series, I have to admit the first two episodes flashed by and I couldn't wait for episode three, four, and so on.

The basic story is quite solid and the interaction between Leguizamo and Wahlberg is masterful, part of you starts to side with the bank robbers and not SWAT until the final scenes when your mind is made up.

I know there's some who hate this series but believe me it's worth 8 hours of your viewing life to watch and I for one will be getting this series on DVD and will all recommend this show to my friends.
  • it looked very cheesy when it started all the way though they tried to hard some parts of the season were ok but i so do not think i am going to be able to watch anther season if it comes out . guys

1.5
    it looked very cheesy when it started all the way though they tried to hard some parts of the season were ok but i so do not think i am going to be able to watch anther season if it comes out . i watched it becasue it was recomended by a friend but wanted to see it for my self it was clever the way they played with peoples mind abit but that is pretty but it they just kept streching the each ep the filming and everything i give the thumbs up for but that is pretty much it .sorry guys
  • very exciting

I was glued to the show in the early episodes and watched it eagerly, wanting to know what was going to happen. The ex-soldiers had a good cause and reason to do what they were (forced) to do and it was obvious that they were not going to kill anyone, especially with Wolf leading them.
    This was one an amazing 6 episode series.. I did watch the show, from beginning to end, and I found it totally awesome. It had such emotion Wolf was a human who didn't seem to have feeling but underneath he is so soft. He just can't remember how to bring it out. And Horste is also a character who gets to know people and bonds.
  • A very good show in the beginning, which is spoiled by a disappointing final (2) episode(s). It turns into a "cops and robbers" show, which left me thinking, "What the hell was the point in all this?"

(I would love to review the episodes, but I wont bother as it was a VERY disappointing last two episodes)

The two main characters were great, the storyline was great, the 2 main actors did a great job, even some (only some) of the side characters had some good scenes.

The show felt like it had some meaning and slightly touched the current American political situation.

The show was very good until the last episode, where I was sorely disappointed. Here was a show which had good potential to stand out, be unique, but in the end it turned into a show of "cops and robbers". We've seen the cops chasing the robbers, and the robbers kidnapping an important person in the hero's life, and we've also seen the robbers' helpers (Deke) double crossing the deal near the end.

The last two episodes turned into something meaningless, and left me thinking, "What the hell was the point in all this and why the hell did I watch this"?
  • Good, but a bit cheesey. Doesn't everybody wear body armor, particularly the former Marines?

I was hooked into this show from the beginning, but at certain points I wondered why. If it were a regular series, I probably would've given up on it. However, the fact that I knew it was only 6 episodes caused me to hang on until the end of the series.

I have trouble viewing John Leguizamo as an action hero, sympathetic or otherwise, because he starred in the feature role in a movie called "The Pest." Sort of a career killer.

But my real problem with this mini-series is the cheesy-ness of these veterans conversations and the lack of realism in the action scenes. I am a combat veteran, I know other combat veterans, and none of us who've parted ways with the military speak in this "Yes-sir, no-sir" language that these guys do (and in fact, not many folks in the military do either). Also, the action scenes are very tacky. We have these battle hardened Marines, and these highly trained police trading bullets for half of the length of the last three episodes, and nobody seems to get hit. Shouldn't all these marksmen hit something? Moreover, the police wear body armor (of course), but shouldn't the Iraq vets wear it as well? I mean those guys have seen and possibly experienced the protection of this equipment; why wouldn't they be wearing it? I enjoyed this show, but I thought the action scenes were seriously lacking. The episodes were a bit punishing to watch in the end; in a way I'm relieved its over.
  • A good show, but not the best!!!

A low budget series, although the action is pretty good. Some of the episodes doesn't contain that much action and fighting if you are looking for that. The show could have been improved a lot in different ways. Even after the several episodes, we do not fully know the true reasons for robbing the bank. The story is as follows; an ex-military squad try to rob a bank, however the scene gets ugly and they capture some of the customers and employees as hostage. John Leguizamo as the bankrobber with a good heart and a good sense of humour. Donny Walhberg as the "best friend face to face and worst enemy behind your back" type of negotiator who's only job is to secure the hostages. With John Leguizamo as the lead character you will ought to have some a bit of humour.
  • This was one an amazing 6 episode series. I'm sorry it didn't get more advertising.

I saw a few commerecials on this show before it started and I was immediately interested in seeing it. I did watch the show, from beginning to end, and I found it totally awesome. It had such emotion and the characters were characters taht you cold love. They were really human. Wolf was a human who didn't seem to have feeling but underneath he is so soft. He just can't remember how to bring it out. And Horste is also a character who gets to know people and bonds. Now he doesn't have much pympathy for badguys, but he seemed to have some to spare for Wolf. I am so happy I watched this show and I am sorry it is over.
  • It's a wonderfull show with one of the nicest bankrobber i've ever seen.

John Leguizamo and Donnie Walhberg are both great in this TV show. John Leguizamo as the bankrobber with a good heart and a good sense of humor. Donny Walhberg as the "best friend face to face and worst enemy behind your back" type of negotiator who's only job is to secure the hostages. The story is great, it isn't the run of the mill hostage, bankrobbers and negotiator type of series. It's more than that, the bankrobbers got a good reason to rob the bank (okay, they do it for the money) but the " why they do it" is the better storyline. You'll feel quite some sympathy for John Leguizamo and the rest of the cast.

Yes, this show's got drama, it's funny (why wouldn't there be some humor with John Leguizamo as the lead actor) and there is some tension between the actors (I know I would be very tense when people point a gun at me). Now let's all hope this show won't be cancelled, i've seen many good shows where they pulled the plug. If they do so i'll rob a bank and take some hostages and demand they bring the show back. Too bad I live in The Netherlands and they probably think i'm crazy and shoot me right away.
  • this is a great show with top actors, i hope it won't be cancelled because its on spike tv.

When you watch this show you are gonna be bound with the lead characters. the dialogs are fast and not boring. the action is good and the humor is also there. John Leguizamo is in his best shape as bad/goodguy and Donnie Wahlberg is at his best as the cop who wanne fix everything. When i saw the trailer i was surprised, because normally you only see a good bank robbery and good negotiations in movies. But they maked a serie about both and its working. if You loved the movie the Negotiater watch this show and you will love it.
  • This is an awesome series. Anyone who is a John Leguizamo fan will enjoy The Kill Point.

I've been looking forward to this series for months, and I have to say, I'm very impressed. John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg have brought their characters to life and have great on screen chemistry. It's a shame it's only eight episodes. I know it would be pretty hard to create a series from a bank robbery, but I'm enjoying the characters so much I know I'd be a regular watcher. I would love to see more back story on Wolf and Horst, particularly Wolf's military time and more on Horst's grammar fixation, it really is too bad. I'm very excited to see where the story goes over the second half of the series.