A The Killing Community
Netflix (ended 2014)

For a series titled The Killing, the twice-axed show has a hard time staying dead. Netflix ordered a stay of execution last fall and the show will return for a six-episode final season on August 1. In the first trailer released today, it appears Season 4 will pick up immediately following the events of the Season 3 finale in which Linden (Mireille Enos) made the tough decision to pull the trigger on Skinner. "No one's gotta know what we did," Holder (Joel Kinnaman) tells her as they struggle with their actions. Something tells me that's going to be a lot easier said than done. 

Of course, this isn't just the Linden and Holder show. There's also a new case involving the murder of a picture perfect family. The only survivor is the son, Kyle (Tyler Ross), who was shot in the head during the massacre. Check out the trailer below and then hit the comments with your hopes and dreams for Season 4.

Also, how good is Joel Kinnaman? 

Are you excited for Season 4 of The Killing?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/1/2014

Season 4 : Episode 6

35 Comments
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have been a fan of this show from the very first season. I have always enjoyed the writing and acting and looked forward to each new episode. I am happy for its return, but very sad that it is the final episode!
Flag
I've always loved this show, although it should be 13 episodes instead of 6
Flag
I am just not sure if six episodes is enough. This is a show that needs 13 episodes. It would not be as much fun if the pace picks up for this final season.
Flag
I would have gone for ten seasons easily. This should not end now. But it is what it is, so I am going to savor each second of it with relish and enthusiasm.
Flag
sucks that it's the final season, but at the same time, it HAS to be. Otherwise it'd be just like any other cops show, which I don't want. So, bring it on!
Flag
Netflix is King, I love you guys. Loved this show from the beginning so I cannot wait till August rolls around
Flag
All I'm hoping for is that this final season won't suck as much as the final season of Forbrydelsen (or Brottet as we call it in my country). If Linden goes down the way Sarah Lund did I'm going to be so very disappointed. It was worse than Dexter even, both the finale and the main character's fate.
But I'm loving the angst in this trailer. It looks just as dark & haunting as I want the Killing to be.
& yeah I want to see a shirtless Joel Kinnaman please. No, not shallow at all ;)
Flag
But we don't know if she really was killed when the plane went down, so there is a very thin hope. I agree with you too, I didn't like it all and it put me in foul mood for days.
Flag
Thank you Netflix!
Flag
This show is amazing and it's too bad they are marketing it as the final season. I would have hoped for more, but at least there is another season and hopefully it will give a proper closure to the series.
Flag
Looking at the rocky road this show has been on in terms of trying to stay on the air, as well as some inconsistency in the quality, it might be better to end strong now than to risk getting cut again later. Studios and audiences always wanting more has often done more damage than good in my opinion. This way, the writers know how much space they have left and can optimize the story to that space. By adding more seasons, the show would run the risk of getting cut mid-story, or being watered down in quality, or turning into just another procedural where there's always another case.

Maybe Netflix could have added a full season or two, if the writers could come up with the material to make it worth it. But as said, it would be risky. We never know though, Netflix could always still change its mind.
Flag
Veena Sud the showrunner was asked the question whether a 5th season was a possibility at all and her answer was 'The way we end the season will make it the final season' - Not sure what that means exactly but seems pretty ominous...
Flag
I love The Killing!!!
Flag
Yes..Just so much yes. Can't wait
Flag
Awesome!
Flag
Yepp, I'm ready to get my heart shattered in tiny pieces once again.
Flag
My hope for season 4 is that there will be a season 5 to look forward to!!!
Flag
Welcome Back ! this show is highly underated
Flag
Thank you for saving this show Netflix, but I think you are going to regret marketing this as the final season, going on the quality of the trailer I think this could be a major hit just like Orange is the New Black. Still shows should go out on a high not fizzle out, either way going to miss this show.
Flag
OMG - I didn't even know this was coming back!!! I'm so happy :) It's going to be short, but I'm so happy :) And so late with the news, it seems!
Flag
I'm so jumping happy, crazy about finding out that The Killing didn't end up as it was said it was - at the last season! Oh... goodie!
Flag
Can't wait for the final season!
Flag
Does anyone know if they´re releasing all of the episodes at once, or is it going to be every week?
Flag
variety.com reported "As with all of its original series, Netflix will make the six segs available all at once."
Flag
Lovely!! :D
Flag
Pretty sure it's all at once.That's how Netflix rolls.
Flag
Thats my thought as well. But since they just said "first episode airs at 1 of august.." or something like it, I started to wonder..

But i really hope that we´ll be looking forward for 6 hours of draaama! :D
Flag
So... 6 hours in a row or so?
Flag
Im so glad it's just 6 eps. It wouldve been hard for them to make a better season had it been 12 eps. i like my murder mysteries less boring and more season 3 like.
Flag
Who knows, maybe being able to binge watch the show all at once will make the facing a lot easier to deal with. My problem isn't the number of episodes, but the pacing of content.
Flag
AWESOME!!!!!
It´s gonna be awesome!
I´m a proud Swedish girl when I see Joel Kinnaman in action! :D
Flag
I think they could have devoted nearly six more episodes just to tying off the loose ends from S3. Trying to bring closure to all those many, many murders while also working on a new case seems like way more than can fit [satisfactorily] into the final six eps.

At any rate, I'm glad they'll at least be attempting some semblance of resolution. I don't have a Netflix subscription but I'll find some way to view them. Wouldn't be the first time. I can't quit on it this close to the "end."

Flag
IMO The Killing had all the ingredients to be a great show, it ended up being a more than good show.
Flag
I enjoyed all of it more than most viewers, I think... but Season 3 was GREAT, in my opinion.
Flag
Another example of a truly great show that got great reviews, but far too few watched. Luckily we still have American Idol, Survivor and NCIS on to keep people from following too big of a storyline and overusing their fragile brainpower!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members