The Killing Forums

Netflix (ended 2014)

AMC Renews The Killing for Second Season

amber8032

[1]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 28

The Killing has been Renewed for a Second Season!

Great News!!!

Check it here: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-killing/2011/06/amc-renews-the-killing.php

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jasonc506

[2]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 5

I'm glad, it seems to get a bad rep but I really like the show.

Edited on 06/13/2011 8:09pm

isildurelendil

[3]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 11
    I kinda have mixed feelings for this. If the murder is not solved within this season, then it will be a drag to extend it to another season. The show will lose all its atmosphere and novelty then. If the murder is solved, the creators will have to come up with one equally engaging and, given the sheer brilliance of this one, it's a lot to live up to. I guess I just got to have faith in Vena Sud.

TesserT

[4]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 76
    EW.com & also saw an article about this in the newspaper

… only 13 days have passed in the show's story since this high-profile murder investigation started. … Sud does promise the Larson case will be solved next season. Sources say the likely plan is to launch a new mystery near the start the season and have the two cases overlap before switching over entirely to the next case - thus avoiding a full-fledged storyline stop and restart.

Geertvdheide

[5]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm pretty confident the show will continue to shine. I don't really get the outrage at the case not being solved this season, or the need for AMC to justify that decision. I thought the finale was excellent (as was every episode leading up to it) and the cliffhangers will make me tune in again as soon as the show returns.

This show is doing some truly amazing things in terms of cinematography, acting, characters and writing. The realistic emotions and reactions of the characters are the shows real highlights for me. Only a handful of tv shows have ever got near it in my opinion. Even though the show is quite dreary (a buddy of mine thought it was really depressing), I've never seen themes like family problems and mourning being handled so well on tv. And that's not even mentioning the actual crime element, which is also done really well. Beforehand I was a little concerned the show would be nothing more than a police procedural, like a case for Law & Order: SVU or something, but it turned out to be so much more. Don't get all the hate this show is getting, I'd rate it 9/10.

I'm wondering how long they plan to keep going though. They can basically just follow the original Danish show, of which the third season is now in production, but no one knows if the quality of this first season will be matched the coming years. I just hope they know when to quit. I don't need another show that goes down hilll after one season, like Heroes or Prison Break.

Edited on 08/18/2011 4:09am
    Edited 2 total times.

tazmentalcase

[6]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 2

Geertvdheide wrote:
    ..This show is doing some truly amazing things in terms of cinematography, acting, characters and writing. The realistic emotions and reactions of the characters are the shows real highlights for me. Only a handful of tv shows have ever got near it in my opinion.

very well said. i agree completely with all that you wrote and appreciate that you got right to the heart of what makes this show so engaging for me. so glad it has another season,1 just isn't enough for this gem.

TesserT

[7]Nov 30, 2011

TVLine 2nd season news

- Mitch Larsen will be back

- new characters:

Lt. Carlson, a clean-cut, well-dressed lawman in his 50s - keep tabs on which way the political winds are blowing

Alexi is a 19-year-old Polish-American veteran of the foster system - he's a "bad boy" type

TesserT

[8]Jan 17, 2012
    AMC has announced that The Killing Season 2 Premieres Sun., Apr. 1 It will be a two-hour premiere (8-10PM ET) after which it returns to its regular 1 hr slot at 9PM ET/8PM CT on Apr 8.
    Edited on 01/17/2012 6:34pm

aldaros23

[9]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 53
    Killer won't be revealed until the end of season 2. Oi vey.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/01/killing-season-1-killer-to-be-revealed.html

mattgus

[10]Mar 26, 2012
    • level: 14
    who the killer is to me is of less consequence than how well it is written and executed...both are top notch...i did see previews of more revenge...the friend of the family is shooting at the politician arrested...we did have alot of the revenge thing directed at the wrong killer already...that whole thing last season was very well done,but seeing the preview with it happening again with a new suspect seems strange. i trust that they will handle l it well,but i did roll my ees the 1st time i saw it,,thinking once is enough..of .course if the shooter is the killer,than he would be taking out a susppect and maybe feel more in the clear??? either way,am looking forward to another season.........not alot of intellegent programing out there. good wife,justified,closer,mad men,walking dead and the killing..3 from amc....they have a great record..if you add rubicon BRING IT BACK...it would be batting a thousand!!! i know there are a few more,but not many.