The Killing Forums

Netflix (ended 2014)

Episode Discussion: Head Shots 3x04 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Jun 15, 2013
    • level: 81
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Head Shots (Jun 16). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

torrijos

[2]Jun 15, 2013
    • level: 16
    Okay I have just to say this somewhere but the fact that what is depicted in the show (teens living in the streets, prostitution, rape etc.) is maddening and sickening.

drclawski

[3]Jun 18, 2013
    • level: 4
    hehe, just because you choose to ignore that fact of life doesn't mean it doesn't exist =)

it is nice to see that the show has characters with different views on the subject matter. there's holder the street wise cop who's familiar with the environment and know the kids have a hard time. there's holders new partner, who stigmatizes the kid prostitutes and doesn't want to spend any time on finding their predator. there's the priest running the shelter who does what he can to give the kids a glimmer of hope.

the killing is a show I really like.

haldrey

[4]Jun 18, 2013
    • level: 22
    drclawski wrote:
    hehe, just because you choose to ignore that fact of life doesn't mean it doesn't exist =)

it is nice to see that the show has characters with different views on the subject matter. there's holder the street wise cop who's familiar with the environment and know the kids have a hard time. there's holders new partner, who stigmatizes the kid prostitutes and doesn't want to spend any time on finding their predator. there's the priest running the shelter who does what he can to give the kids a glimmer of hope.

the killing is a show I really like.

I agree, it is a world wide problem and the USA is no exception and the show is treating the problem quite well. The last time I was in Seattle, walking in the old part of the city I saw the problem with the street kid in an even worse set than in the show.