Unanswered questions

dif_frent

[1]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 8

Now that season one is over, let's make a list of all questions that are left unanswered.

(1) Who killed Rosie?

(2) Why is there no money in Stanley and Mitch's account? What has happened to that money? What did Standley spend it on?

(3) Does the missing money have anything to do with Rosie's murder?

(4) Who does Holder work for?

(5) Will Richmond survive the assassination?

(6) Are we going to see Mitch in season two?

Hope to see more questions from other viewers.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LoriHill0

[2]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 1

Stan used the money for a down-payment to buy the house as a surprise for his family. Remember Stan realized he had to sell the house because he needed money to pay for Rosie's coffin/funeral expenses. He went to the mob boss for a loan to replace the money he took out of savings to buy the house. Since he needed to sell the house now, I think that's why he did not tell Mitch or boys about the house.

Who killed Rosie?

1. Drexler - Richmond helped him cover it up in exchange for $5 million campaign donation?

2. Drexler - Holder helped frame Richmond - maybe Drexler has some dirt on Holder from his past or present (drug use?)

3. Richmond did it with or without Drexler helping to cover it up - Holder is working for Richmond's opponent, the current mayor. Drexler jumped to support current mayor since waterfront project is on hold and Drexler will need mayoral support for basketball stadium.

Edited on 06/22/2011 9:17pm

MsAnalytical

[3]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 3

Now that season one is over, let's make a list of all questions that are left unanswered.

(1) Who killed Rosie?

Right now my bet is Belko. They did not check his activities after Rosie left. This would explain (to me) his eagerness in catching the other supposed killers. He would have considered it catching the ones who corrupted Rosie. I think if he followed her (Perhaps he initially meant to protect her or was thinking he was doing it for Stan.) then he saw what was going on and it shattered his image of the perfect family. He would have been so angered by this that to get his perfect family back he could have been driven to kill Rosie. This makes sense from a psychological standpoint when you consider his childhood and his mother's inappropriate expressions of sexuality in front of him. I think his repressed rage is apparent in the scene where Stan is beating Bennett and Belko is losing it behind them in the background, beating on a rock. Do you remember that?

It has already been established that Rosie met Richmond during the campaign. What if she picked up the car to meet him. If she had access to the cars through Richmond for the affair it would make sense. She was driving the car all along and Belko kidnapped her, put her back in the car and...

(2) Why is there no money in Stanley and Mitch's account? What has happened to that money? What did Standley spend it on?

(3) Does the missing money have anything to do with Rosie's murder?

Stan bought a house.

(4) Who does Holder work for?

I am not convinced that Holder works for anyone, I think he is used to playing fast and loose with the rules in the narc division and he is about to pay for that big time, just like Linden did when she admitted to Mitch that she thought Bennett was the killer. They are both imperfect, both so multi-layered, and broken as characters that I think we are seeing their bad choices at work because of their own pasts. Linden has issues with her mother and with being a mother so she wants to reassure Rosie's mother. Holder appears to want to make things right no matter the cost. I could be totally wrong on that one though!

(5) Will Richmond survive the assassination?

Or will it be foiled and then Belko gets hauled in and eventually breaks? Since I have a big theory on Belko he will probably get killed when he tries to shoot Richmond. LOL.

(6) Are we going to see Mitch in season two?

I wondered that also. I think she is having a different type of breakdown than Stan would/could have gone through. Stan appears to be totally sold out in love with his family. On the other hand, while Mitch does love them, she seems more in love with what she thought her family was. She is not only grieving the loss of her child, but the loss of stability and her perception of her life and family.

Hope to see more questions from other viewers.

[/QUOTE]

TesserT

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 74
    Michelle Forbes signed on for the 2nd season so Mitch Larsen will return.