The Killing

Stonewalled

Aired Unknown May 15, 2011 on Netflix

7.7
  • Losing my patience with the plot. But, some characters are beaming.

You gotta be really patient with this show. You can suspect something but you're MOST LIKELY going to be wrong. There's a lot of twists and turns. No single suspect can be totally disregarded and you know that something will happen that brings doubt to one's mind about discarding any character. The meaty plot advancements are only occurring near the last 5 minutes of each episode. The investigation progresses, albeit slowly and methodically. One thing I wish these crime procedurals would do is have a different case come up at some point in time. I mean in what police department are officers only working on one case? And I like the idea of "Eureka" moments - you're working on something totally different and you suddenly make a break in that difficult on-going case. Linden and Holder's character development has gone nowhere. Linden pushing off her marriage and move away has become lame. Holder tried a suit but hasn't donned one since or adjusted his behavior. Linden really isn't going to depart now anyways, she'd be leaving an inexperienced Holder to deal with the town's most high-profile murder. The supporting cast, as large as it is, does not fill the time effectively. It just feels a bit too slow, even though we have several storylines going on. I wish they would actually expand it a bit to maybe include Mitch's sister, Rosie's friends at school, and more. The whole political storyline is interesting but I find everything regarding this extremely bland. And the show is using this to fill up a lot of time, yet it doesn't add much to the main plot. More interesting, is Rosie Larsen's family and their dealing with the murder. Stan, Belko, Mitch, and the boys. So what I'm saying is that 3 storylines are not enough to keep me engaged... I don't know why, but that's just what I'm feeling. Throw me something that I can chew on here! I'm still going to watch, but the above is just something to think about as you watch the season further.