The King of Queens

Apartment Complex

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 06, 2006 on CBS

• Doug and his friends rent an apartment complex above a Chinese restaurant.

This episode is a series classic. I laughed so hard when I first watched this episode, and continue to laugh whenever I do. It was just so hilarious. It is the reason I watch this show. I especially liked when Doug had to deliver the food to Carrie's law firm and he left it on the street. Then when she went to complain, she spotted Doug. This episode was too comical. Doug is just too funny. The acting in this episode was really great, too. I really enjoyed this episode. This is, without a doubt, one of the best episodes of the series.
  • Doug and his friends rent an apartment complex above a Chinese restaurant.

This episode is a series classic. I laughed so hard when I first watched this episode, and continue to laugh whenever I do. It was just so hilarious. It is the reason I watch this show. I especially liked when Doug had to deliver the food to Carrie's law firm and he left it on the street. Then when she went to complain, she spotted Doug. This episode was too comical. Doug is just too funny. The acting in this episode was really great, too. I really enjoyed this episode. This is one of the best episodes of the series.
  • Doug and his friends rent an apartment above the Szechuan Village restaurant to use as a \"guys only\" poker haven.

I think the storyline for this episode is great and its full of situational gems such as \"Backstage Spense\" , Doug speaking Chinese, Doug delivering chinese food to Carrie\'s office, \"baloney darts\", and Doug working food prep at the Szechuan Village. This is my second favorite episode ever, second only to \"G\'Night Stalker\". I think season eight is the best season to date top to bottom. I love Doug\'s facial expressions and line delivery in this one. Especially the part near the end when he is so contently delivering take-out to Carrie and her client, Kirstey Allie at the Dugan Group.
  • This one was just plain silly.

Come on....Doug can suddenly speak fluent Mandarin and Carrie is pals with Kirstie Alley. This episode had nothing to do with what the Heffernan's are all about. I don't believe any wife would have put up with a husband that has a "second" apartment and it's just to get away from things and hang out. Yeah, right.

Most wives (especially Carrie) would have:

a. Divorced him
    b. Stop his heart (to quote Carrie!)
    c. Put him in a wood chipper
    d. All of the above

Besides, they're struggling to make ends meet, and he's got enough money to rent another apartment? AND he supposedly works at IPS during the day and delivers Chinese food at night, and has all this time to hang out at the other apartment.
    No, sorry I don't buy ANY of this and I think they, cast and writers both, did a disservice to the fans with this one. This one is just plain stupid and not funny at all, because they are all out of character. I love the show, the actors and characters are funny as Hell, it's a great sitcom, but this one stunk.
    PASS on this one!