The King of Queens

Brace Yourself

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 03, 2007 on CBS

• 906.

7.2
    Season 9 of The King of Queens was far from a fitting end to the series, as its been days and episodes were long behind it, but this was still a funny installment and was better than most other shows on the air at the time.

Any Arthur-centric episode is a good thing, but the Spence storyline had been done several times, not just on other comedies, but on this show as well. Remember when he helped out Deacon after the separation. I also didn't really like how there wasn't a major storyline involving Doug.

Funny, but far from superb in my opinion.
  • Season 9, Episode 6.

Wow. 200 episodes. I'd like it more if the next episode was actually the 200th, because I don't think this would make a good milestone episode. There were some OK moments, though. Arthur: I need you to float me fifty dollars.
    Doug: I'll give you twenty to face the other direction.

LMAO! I love Doug! Carrie is amazing, too, but Doug is cool too. Carrie: What are you drawing there?
    Major: Uncle Doug eating a carrot.
    Carrie: A carrot, huh? You have such a good imagination. Haha, Carrie. This episode is probably the 2nd weakest in season 9, following "Mild Bunch." Not a bad episode overall, though.
  • Major draws an unflattering picture of Arthur, causing him to want braces.

This episode was definitely a series classic. This was an amazing two hundredth episode. The beginning qt the gas station was especially funny. The Chinese woman was hilarious. The King Of Queens is always good. This episode amazed me. This is definitely a special episode. A very, very special episode. This is just one of the very many great episodes of this amazing series. It is not surprising that this episode is so good. Every episode is. This is exactly why this is such a good series. I am very glad it lasted nine seasons. This is definitely The King Of Queens at its finest.
  • A Much better episode than the previous Ruff Goin’

At a bar-b-q at Doug and Carrie’s Major ( Deacon and Kelly’s son ) draws an unflattering picture of Arthur with ragged uneven teeth, this prompts Arthur to ask Doug for money for braces which turns into a real farce, only Jerry Stiller could have pulled off something like this.

Spence is out of work so Kelly hires him as a home help, and makes a good job, cooks, cleans, looks after the kids, however Danny is not happy as this is taking up all of Spence’s time and confronts him over it like an old married couple.

A Much better episode than the previous Ruff Goin’
  • Major draws an unflattering picture of Arthur, causing him to want braces.

This episode was definately a series classic. This was an amazing two hundredth episode. The beginning qt the gas station was especially funny. The Chinese woman was hilarious. The King Of Queens is always good. This episode amazed me. This is definately a special episode. A very, very special episode. This is just one of the very many great episodes of this amazing series. It is not surprising that this episode is so good. Every episode is. This is exactly why this is such a good series. I am very glad it lasted nine seasons. This is definately The King Of Queens at its finest.
  • Great show. Smart laughs. Arthur, Spence and other characters add flavor.

This show is really underrated. I really can't think of any other sitcom right now that I would want to watch regularly. Carrie was actually nice this episode (sigh.. she puts a smile on my face every time she's about to pop someone’s head off).

Arthur is one of a kind. Even though Jerry Stiller pretty much plays the same character in every role he does, he's a classic. You can't replace this crazy old man. I just realized that I finally see him as Arthur now, and not Frank Costanza! Spence and Danny's fruity relationship is still a barrel of laughs. When this series goes off the air, I'll definitely miss it.
FOX