The King of Queens

Dog Days

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 1999 on CBS

• A barking dog gives Doug and Carrie sleepless nights

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "The King of Queens" and it's one of my favorite episodes. One of the best episodes of Season 1 in my opinion. The main plot is that new neighbors move across the street from Doug and Carrie and their barking dog is giving them sleepless nights. The subplot is that Arthur thinks that the "Charlie Brown" comic strips is based on his life. Arthur's plot was absolutely hilarious because he thinks that the "Charlie Brown" comic strips are based on his life and it's just hilarious to see that. Doug and Carrie's plot was very funny when they can't sleep. Doug and Carrie go to the new neighbors and tell them gently and nicely about their dog barking at night (well... Doug told them gently actually). The new neighbor told Doug that his dog Stanley never gets any walks or anything so Doug agreed to walk Stanley every night in order for Stanley to not bark late at night. The new neighbors were saying that they want to give away Stanley because they're too busy so Doug and Carrie decide to have Stanley as a pet. Stanley was a very cute dog and I just wanted to pet him like I pet my dog Lucy (who is also a beagle) just like Stanley in this episode. The new neighbor's door bell was also hilarious. Overall, one of the best Season 1 episodes. 10/10
  • tHIS EPISODE IS awesome. HOT POCKETS.

This episode is probably one of the best episodes ever written for a tv series it talks about Arthur's past and has a beagle puppy. Puppies RULE!!!!!!!!
    Kevin James is the best tv actor when it comes to comedy because he talks in that happy-go-lucky tone but also has an anger problem altogether it makes for a perfect character. Leah Remini is so fine in the first few seasons even when she's pregnant she's still radiant w/i that beauty look.
    Jerry Stiller is so funny in this show because he shows some of the character he had in Seinfeld. Sweat The Small Stuff.