The King of Queens

Fight Schlub

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 15, 2006 on CBS

• Doug makes friends with a driver from another company, only to find out he was being set up as a mope. Tempers flare at the finale, at the boys hangout, between the IPS drivers and the drivers from Priority. Meanwhile Carrie mentors......

5.5
    This was a disappointing episode. I think the writers made our boys look like complete losers. Not only does Doug get sucked in, but the boys are wimps about getting their favorite seats at the tavern back from the Priority Plus drivers. It was embarrassing to see.
    Carrie acts like an idiot too. I know why they had her do it, acting like a tough chick and mentoring her charge to be equally nasty. They smoke, drink, curse and act like toughies. The whole reason was for the simple gag of her "getting in trouble" with her father.
    Over all this isn't one of the better episodes. It ain't pretty, and I think the storyline takes away from characters. Doug and the boys would have come up with a crazy scheme to win back the booth and Carrie should be mature enough now to know better and perhaps she could have been made to be more stern. A real no-nonsense task master. Could have been more funny and original to have her see herself and want to make a difference, but she goes WAY overboard.
    This is a set back for all of the characters. Sad to see.