The King of Queens Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Has anybody else noticed?

KingNut

[1]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    When they show the front of the Heffernan house it shows an enclosed porch and when they are ever shown being on the porch is a open style porch. Also in the bedroom scenes there are 3 windows behind their bed and from the outside of the house there are only two? I know it's trivial but things like this bother me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

koqexpert

[2]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yep. This has been discussed several times before. The exterior shot we see at the beginning of the episode or between scenes is quite a bit different than the layout of the set they use for KOQ. The porch, windows, and front door are all different. Also, not all of the episodes are consistent with the neighbors/neighborhood either. For example, in the episode "Window Pain", Doug and Carrie's new neighbors move into the house where the Sackskys used to live (which the Heffernans' bedroom window faced). Yet, in this episode, it is the window in Carrie's office that they can hear each other through. There are several such instances like this.

KingNut

[3]Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for the info, I just happen to see the episode where the Sackskys install a pool and Carrie video tapes them from that side bedroom window for evidence and you see Tim Sacksky going down the slide on the pool which is suppose to be behind the house. And oddly the Sacksky's house is wood sided in that episode when it's really all brick. As much as I enjoy this show I find myself looking for these odd things that are out of place.

sluggmunki_tx

[4]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 41
    KingNut wrote:
    Thanks for the info, I just happen to see the episode where the Sackskys install a pool and Carrie video tapes them from that side bedroom window for evidence and you see Tim Sacksky going down the slide on the pool which is suppose to be behind the house. And oddly the Sacksky's house is wood sided in that episode when it's really all brick. As much as I enjoy this show I find myself looking for these odd things that are out of place.

It's strange. I noticed it too and was wondering about it.

mrbreezeet1

[5]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 2

I know this is an old thread, but there is sometimes a garage built on to the right side of the house(as your looking at it) and sometimes there is not. In the one where Spence asks Lou to Go to the SI FI convention with him, Lou's 's car is parked in front of it, but it looks like it's attached to The Heffernen;s house.

Thanks, Tony

TVroundtheclock

[6]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 8
    I knew there was something not right about those shots, now I know what.
    Thanks!

stellarchick86

[7]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 32
    Yeah, they really mess up how the outside matches the inside and vice versa. Sometimes the Saskys are behind them, next to them, etc...Lou Ferrigino's house being messed up as a result..etc.

TammyJarvis

[8]Dec 8, 2011
    Which it is actually fun to do! A lot of shows are the same way. The producers don't always have the same set up not many people actually notice such small things because they are listening/watching the characters. Also, if you look for things such as change of clothing or smaller inaccuracies, those can be found as well. Like sometimes the actors are in the middle of a taping and the editors don't edit the items or what-not out/in. Lol.

CrystalBailey2

[9]Apr 29, 2012
    I've noticed on almost all sitcoms this is true. They show a house in the beginning or back from commercial breaks and the actual set is completely set up different. But I have noticed on this show, especially the first season, the kitchen walls and wall decorations are always changing. For instance the first few episodes the kitchen door is blue, then it changes to brown. And thw wall hangings by the kitchen door change almost every episode in the first season. In fact in I think episode 6 They had one thing hanging at the beginning then something else. Then they change back to the first wall hanging, then at the end it is something completely different. But most noticeable is the first 4 or so episodes the curtyains are blue plaid, then change to red plaid. Then in I think episode 6 it goes back to blue plaid, then the next episode it goes back to red plaid and stays like that the rest of the series. After you have seen every episode several times I look for things like that.