The King of Queens Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Kevin James and Leah Rimini are the same in person - no class

choppywater123

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 3

Last night on ET, the two of them were interviewed, and he said this will be our last year, and now we dont give a crap t o worry about more seasons, this is the last. Was that necessary! His movies are horrible.

And she is just low class, no dignity, no faness at all.

Arthur and Spence were in the background, and the both of them have class.

I hope Spenc and Deacon continue on in their careers in another sitcom.  They are so great and it seems James never gives them any recognition at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofQueens23

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    I get the feeling you aren't giving us the entire story. Was he saying it in a playful voice? Leah has a "crusty" personality. I still like her. I think it's bs to judge someone you don't know unless it's Paris Hilton.

choppywater123

[3]Jan 28, 2007
    well every time i hear lemi rimini on ellen degerious show, the award shows, she is, i am sorry to say, rough around the edges, she needs to go to polishing school
    i was surprised at kevin james, though, he was dead serious, he said now that they are going off the air after april 2007, he will be gladd he doesn't have to listen and worry, oh we are going to be cancelled and some colorful words, he is hanging around rimin too long. but his real wife, the japanese lady, is gorgeous and extremely classy. havent you heard people over the years complainging about carrie well i got news for you unless you have yoru ears closed, everytime she is on tv she acts with no class watch her

thegnuewe

[4]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    KingofQueens23 wrote:
    I get the feeling you aren't giving us the entire story. Was he saying it in a playful voice? Leah has a "crusty" personality. I still like her. I think it's bs to judge someone you don't know unless it's Paris Hilton.

I would suspect the truth is somewhere in between. Remini grew up in Brooklyn in the 70's and part of the eighties and left for California. From someone from NY to get transplanted to LA in the 80's it must have been a fish-out-of-water kind of situation. Remini also probably had the prototypical Italian family with all the squabbling, infighting and neurosis. That all comes across in the humor of the show and her portrayal of Carrie. Is she an actress with broad range? Maybe not. Does she work well in comedic situations? Definitely. Remini is probably the last of the Kramdenesque archetypes in the sitcom world. After this show leaves, there probably won't be another like it ending 50 years of what Gleason started.

jpcanes

[5]Jan 30, 2007

I just saw the ET segment yesterday.

Here is Kevin's exact quote:

"I always get worried that we're gonna be cancelled. Now I honestly don't give a crap.(looking into camera)--->You don't scare me anymore."

I took that as a little shot at CBS. The KoQ always has to wait until May to see if they are going to be renewed for the  next season. Now Kevin is saying the pressure is off.

As for Leah, I don't even get what you are talkng about. All she was doing in that interview was being funny.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's a link: http://www.esnips.com/doc/41d2b754-3410-41fa-a423-8e9c198a55d4/Leah-and-Kevin-on-ET

Tespid

[6]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 6

No offense but you seriously either have to be a little kid who has no idea what sarcastic tone is, or a very dumb person to think Kevin James was being vicious, or malicious with his comments.

VM1138

[7]Jan 31, 2007
    I don't see how you could have misconstrued what Kevin James said. He was obviously light-heartedly taking a dig at CBS. But, with that in mind, I always did kind of think of James as a little egomaniacal. Really, you can't judge someone you don't know, but in interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff, he seems to be "everything is about me" and not the absolute nicest guy around.

mk3supraman

[8]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    i agree, he isn't coming off as an ass, but the show is unfortunately ending, and who really ever cares about there job the last few days anyways, right?
    Edited on 02/07/2007 8:23pm

friendserking

[9]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    Ya he was just joking people need to calm down. He has always seemed like a stand up guy to me, and also as far as im concerned the only reason hitch was funny is because of him, and he has not acted in that many movies. O and i dont think he never gives those other actors credit it kinda always seemed like he is the one who gave them jobs on the show. and remini she did not seem terrible but i have seen things about her and she does not seem like the greatest person in the world.

SignaturePlayer

[10]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    English must no be your first language, or you're a nerd that has trapped yourself inside with little to no communication with the outside world. That definatly was not being cocky or taking a shot at CBS. BTW I do not care how Leah comes off, she'd still get the pipe.

ez1jb

[11]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    I agree with all the postings abv accept that of Choppywater. I feel that ppl like Leah and Kevin are refreshing to the Hollywood landscape-they actually say what we are all thinking. Instead of glossing over the facts and trying to spin things in a better light, like most celebrities do-they tell it like it is. Which is why most ppl who've watched KoQ love it!

Leah rules!

choppywater123

[12]Feb 18, 2007
    To Lost, okay he was being light-hearted okay I'll agree with that, but he got his point across. I agree he is an egotistical and very self centered; you have to really study him to pick this up because he doesn't come across this way at all. I have picked this up a long time ago, I think he is the producer of The King of Queens, and he is very careful, not to center any of the shows around anyone but him and Carrie. The others are strictly supportive and they are all outstanding actors. He never adds people to the show ie, when Richie and Holly left, no one else came aboard, and when Carrie lost her job, there were outstanding actors there, her boss and his boss were fabulous. I couldn't get enough of their natural comedic abilities; why he took them off is beyond me. I thought about it long and hard, James is cheap, sorry but that is the way I feel. As far as Remini is concerned, not only is she from Brooklyn, she just is not a polished person, sorry but that is the way I feel. Her real life husband is, but not her. Finally, after all these years, going into TV.com, I finally came across the other actors in the show before I got to the message board. The photos are of always James, Remini, and Stiller. It should have been a group photo. All the other shows on tv do that except The King of Queens and you know who is behind that, Kevin James. The latest thing as we all know as part of awards nowadays is giving awards out as ensemble awards. But James never included his supporting case over the years in a simple photo. I looked for years under The King of Queens, it was always just about the three of them, never anyone else.

jpcanes

[13]Feb 18, 2007

WTH?!!

Are drugs distorting things for you?

What makes you think KJ is behind every decision made on the KoQ??

He's certainly not the one paying everybody.

Deznaj

[14]Feb 19, 2007

This discussion is a waste of space.

Clearly the poster misunderstood KJ and LR, end of story.

alp1981

[15]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    did kevin james kill your parents?

CSM135

[16]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    I agree with everybody else above. He was just joking and thats, probably, just the way Leahi is.

kaospilotX

[17]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    Leah Remini is a member of the "church" of scientology which is a religious cult exploiting a great number of people around the world.  (You can read more about that at www.xenu.net if you want).  She's perfect for her role in koq but I'll never be a fan of anyone that crazy.  Kevin James sure is a funny guy though, he doesn't seem any worse/better than most celebrities.

SignaturePlayer

[18]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    kaospilotX wrote:
    Leah Remini is a member of the "church" of scientology which is a religious cult exploiting a great number of people around the world.  (You can read more about that at www.xenu.net if you want).  She's perfect for her role in koq but I'll never be a fan of anyone that crazy.

I just feel bad for people like Leah and Tom Cruise. Both are naturally very opinionated and outspoken people, unfortunatley for them they're very ignorant and not well educated. I would agree Scientology has taken advantage of many uneducated and impressionable people, however that does not mean I dislike Leah. From what I've read, from unbiased sources I can personally discredit scientology with 99% confidence. Their opinions however do not bother me since I'm very open-minded and tend to disagree about certain significant topics with everyone. I'm also agnostic, which could be a reason why her being a Scientologist does not bother me. On another note, to bang her I'd most definatly pretend to be a Scientologist lol.
    Edited on 02/24/2007 11:14pm

ez1jb

[19]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    SignaturePlayer wrote:
    kaospilotX wrote:
    Leah Remini is a member of the "church" of scientology which is a religious cult exploiting a great number of people around the world.  (You can read more about that at www.xenu.net if you want).  She's perfect for her role in koq but I'll never be a fan of anyone that crazy.

I just feel bad for people like Leah and Tom Cruise. Both are naturally very opinionated and outspoken people, unfortunatley for them they're very ignorant and not well educated. I would agree Scientology has taken advantage of many uneducated and impressionable people, however that does not mean I dislike Leah. From what I've read, from unbiased sources I can personally discredit scientology with 99% confidence. Their opinions however do not bother me since I'm very open-minded and tend to disagree about certain significant topics with everyone. I'm also agnostic, which could be a reason why her being a Scientologist does not bother me. On another note, to bang her I'd most definatly pretend to be a Scientologist lol.

Not that you're judging, right :S ?